Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
He’s barely there, he’s like a lodger !
Does make me laugh when she tries to justify it in interviews by saying it’s no different to when couples /families don’t see each other because their partner is in Armed Forces 🙈…. Not really a comparison! 🤦‍♀️
He does seem to relish very much in the single-life tour-life and maximises every opportunity to be away for as long as possible!
I think she accepted this as a way of life in the beginning, but in reality when your at home bringing up 2 kids basically on your own when your partner is a few hours down the road living it up every night in a sparkly jumpsuit & can’t be arsed to parent, must be severely annoying!
My ex was military, and spent weeks or months at a time out of the country. When my daughter was little, he was very particular about spending loads of time with her in the weeks leading up to him going away, and again when he got back. He would do pretty much everything, bedtimes, bath times, brushing teeth and reading stories, sitting and colouring, doing puzzles and games, trips out to the park etc, because he knew I'd be on my own while he was away, and because he wanted to spend that time with her while he could. Even when he wasn't out of the country some weeks we wouldn't see each other because he worked shifts, but he still made an effort. Little Gorka is NOTHING like a military dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Ablemabel

VIP Member
OMG why is she so pissing defensive about it? Why can't she just say, yes we are really lucky but some days I'm still not feeling it

Acknowledge your privilege! Will make you more likeable!

• Heart
Gosh she can’t even have a bit of cheesecake without it being a big deal. What a life. I actually feel bad for her.

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
The juice thing is ridiculous. Deprive a child of something like that and they will go off the rails at some point and binge.
Also, it's so annoying how she talks into the camera when talking to Mia, but Mia is basically behind her. Talk to your child woman, to her face!

Restless Native

VIP Member
Advertising her big fancy house on Instagram when her partner is away half the time leaving her alone with 2 small kids

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
Just seen her post about how easy Mia is compared to Trivago and I just think it’s cruel to share that personally. Yes it’s something parents say to family/friends but to say that to thousands of strangers and have it immortalised on the internet for him to see when he’s older is unfair.
I also don’t get the “you all warned me about boys” (yes I know she also said second child), what exactly does anyone need warned about boys? What’s wrong with them? That they’re funny, smart, caring, loving and a wonderful gift to have? Is that what anyone needs warned about having boys?

Honestly, first child/second child, girl/boy, they are all completely different and individual people, some will be great at going to bed and sleeping, others won’t. And that will change as the months and years progress too. It’s literally nothing to do with which order they were born or what gender they are! Who comes out with all this crap about “second child”?!

• Heart

GingerSnapped

As if someone would message a “celeb” asking for advice “for a friend” on something as specific as that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
He's got nearly a million followers, and the income from the child privacy invasion reality show in their home, so I think missing one tour with his son being so young wouldn't have hurt his bank account..

plus he was a judge on the Spanish one too, so I don't think he's struggling financially.
They've got enough money for Gemma to be able to pay an expert in every single aspect of anything she's criticised for, maybe if she didn't spunk all that cash on consulting people every time one of the kids farts, Little Gorks wouldn't have to work all the hours he does 😂😂😂

• Haha

Bol85

VIP Member
Of all the things to criticise Gemma for, it’s not Mia’s lack of Spanish. Gorka is never at home. In order for her to become remotely bilingual, she needs to be constantly around the second language and be spoken too in it daily. Gorka’s lack of going home in 8 weeks during a UK tour is .. odd.. 🤨

I find the Grandparent thing odd too. Yes, there is def a lack of effort from them to go over to Spain for sure but have his parents or any of his family ever visited? It’s arguably easier for them travel here, travelling with young kids is hard work! My neighbour has French in-laws & they fly over several times a year to see their grandkids. I get the impression maybe Gorka isn’t very close with his parents!

Flossie2

VIP Member
Gemma portrays this no nonsense northern girl but I reckon Gorka completely calls the shots in their relationship. I get he had to work but not to go home for 2 months or whatever when he was working a matter of a few hours away. No idea what the arrangement was for the baby when she went back to work but I wonder if he’ll step up with the kids now.

bowtiesarecool

Chatty Member
Completely agree! Grim.
Whatever happened to her body, it was because it went through the pressure of growing and birthing a gorgeous baby boy. Instead of praying your body goes back to normal, be grateful you were able to do it as not everyone can.

Fucking hell, my pelvic floor has been on the floor since I had mine 13years ago. Yeah I had physio and whatnot, but I was just grateful to have a healthy child. And my husband has never had a problem with it because he loves me for who I am and for our child.
Admittedly, occasionally I'd love to sneeze without nearly wetting myself, but you can't have everything in life. And life is for enjoying - we only get 1 of them. Have that glass of wine or that big bar of Dairy Milk, you never know when the Grim Reaper is coming for you!

• Heart

Ridandroo

Chatty Member
Whilst I obviously defer to Gemma's expertise in all things including parenting, personally I would find that set up extremely bloody hard. He'll be back for a month and then off to do the strictly professional dances and then the main show right up until Christmas. If last year is anything to go by, he'll inexplicably stay there even if he and his partner are knocked out. A few weeks and days here and there every few months, doesn't strike me as an ideal relationship or parenting set up.

But then I used to get pissed off with my husband when he was an hour or so later home from work so perhaps it's not for me to judge! 🤣
My husband is military. As much as I miss him and love it when he is home safe, he messes up my routine, actually find it easier when he is away 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Did he just say in that clip to Mia, you can dance with me every day.

Apart from the 360 days when you’re not at home little G?

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Mummy MOT there’s just not enough info about it. That’s because many of us can’t afford it and are now just sat here feeling even more shit about our c section scars. Fuck off Gemma you smug bitch

IllBredHen

Shows there’s a difference between training on machines in an air conditioned gym then being outside on the rocky ground and bracing the English weather. Like you said she could walk loads with the dogs (prob got a dog walker) or take Mia out to learn to ride her bike (probs got an expert doing it)
Yes surely Victoria Pendleton is teaching Mia to ride a bike?

• Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
It’s like the stuff I used to get bought from Avon in the 80’s for kids (can’t remember the name)
Little Blossom! I remember the cream blush.. I tried pulling a sicky off school once by putting loads on my cheeks in the hope it looked like I had a temperature. Safe to say, it didn't work 😂

• Haha
  • Heart