Gemma Atkinson #3 Not a rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before anyone starts coming for me, yes my son was starting to have his first tastes of food at 4 months. If I’m not mistaken Thiago is 5 months? Maybe just shy of it?

I thoroughly did my research, spoke to my midwife, health visitor, a family member who is a registered nurse, my doctors surgery, who all said it would be okay.

My son was never full up, he was a cholicy child who was constantly hungry even following the guidelines of the maximum amount for him it seemed like he was never full up. I considered the hungry baby formula but they do not recommend that now in the slightest. So it’s a logical decision to start Thiago with baby rice if that’s what she sees is right for HER child. Every baby is different :) have a lovely day all! Stay hateful😅

mod edit: stop with the bickering

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Before anyone starts coming for me, yes my son was starting to have his first tastes of food at 4 months. If I’m not mistaken Thiago is 5 months? Maybe just shy of it?

I thoroughly did my research, spoke to my midwife, health visitor, a family member who is a registered nurse, my doctors surgery, who all said it would be okay.

My son was never full up, he was a cholicy child who was constantly hungry even following the guidelines of the maximum amount for him it seemed like he was never full up. I considered the hungry baby formula but they do not recommend that now in the slightest. So it’s a logical decision to start Thiago with baby rice if that’s what she sees is right for HER child. Every baby is different :) have a lovely day all! Stay hateful😅
My middle child started solids at 9 weeks, she was 10lb 1oz when she was born and in 6-9 months clothes at 6 weeks 🙈she was a sumo. She's now 17 and looks like a bloody supermodel, agreed all babies are different and mums always know their own.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
My middle child started solids at 9 weeks, she was 10lb 1oz when she was born and in 6-9 months clothes at 6 weeks 🙈she was a sumo. She's now 17 and looks like a bloody supermodel, agreed all babies are different and mums always know their own.
Omg 10lb1🤪 I’d have needed a strong drink after that birth, sounds absolutely gorgeous x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Here we go, it’s turned into bloody mumsnet. We’ll have someone on here soon saying they had their dummy dipped in booze to make them sleep as a baby and were fine, so what’s the problem with doing it with their baby.

You do you, every baby is different, blah blah blah. The point is Gemma paints herself as an expert, with books and tv shows. She has a platform and shouldn’t be promoting things that are actively against established NHS advice. You know, the stuff backed up by scientific research.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
The Gemma Atkinson rave thread is here for anyone uncomfortable with reading any criticism of her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I follow loads of threads on here and this is the only one which regularly has fans coming on to defend the subject. It's very odd. Especially, as you point out, she does have a rave thread too.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I follow loads of threads on here and this is the only one which regularly has fans coming on to defend the subject. It's very odd. Especially, as you point out, she does have a rave thread too.
Yes the rave thread actually existed first. And quite rightly when people started to become more critical of her for various reasons a separate thread was set up like we have with other influencers and celebs people are critical of.

Reactions: 15
It’s a discussion forum, and I am discussing my opinions.

Reactions: 2
The fact remains it was changed to 6 months for a reason. Health reasons. There are some circumstances where doctors recommend early weaning because the early weaning helps with a medical problem e.g reflux. Gemma shouldn't be posting as if it's a normal thing to do. Lots of people will follow her and give baby rice to their baby too when they are too small to even hold themselves up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t understand why everyone gets so irate when it comes to weaning. It’s pretty cut and dry that the advice is ‘around 6 months’ currently but plenty of people in the past weaned earlier. Nothing wrong with that, you do what’s best with the advice you’re given. It’s not a slight on previous parenting that advice has changed but everyone gets so defensive.

Gemma is VERY aware this happens though. Getting people having a row about weaning ages on your page after some subtle shots of baby porridge = engagement!!!

Reactions: 9
I’m sure I saw a daily Mail article at the weekend doing the whole ‘hits back at mum shaming’ thing.
Gorka was papped out Strictly early doors and she’s off on mat leave from the radio show (plus I doubt that podcast has much going on) so it’s all publicity innit

Reactions: 4
Jesus wept this thread is PAINFUL.
I love this thread !

We critique Gemma Atkinson based purely on what she shares and feels she wants to put out in the public domain, everyone rubs along quite nicely with their own views then every now and again other members share their opinions on how we're all wrong and Gemma and themselves are completely right, then it all gets a bit crazy but also highly entertaining
It's been like this from the moment i created that first thread about her
Basically If you go for Gem you better brace yourself - she attracts her own kind .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Jesus wept this thread is PAINFUL.

I agree every few weeks we are back to Mumsnet. Sorry but nobody cares when you weaned your own kid, nobody cares what your kid weighed or how you fed them. It is beyond dull.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Gemma is VERY aware this happens though. Getting people having a row about weaning ages on your page after some subtle shots of baby porridge = engagement!!!
This is the thing for me. It’s cynical. I used to like her a lot (hence the follow) but recently I’m a bit more hmmmm about her.

Reactions: 9
I dread when any celeb/influencer has a baby cos whenever the baby turns about 4/5 months and they start on solids the same argument happens. Every. time. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's the same on the Kate Lawler thread. She's just put her kid in a bed (from a cot) and there's pages of dull stories from mums about how old their kids were when they moved beds. 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lads this thread fell off my radar but catching up today has not disappointed 🤣🤣

I’m so glad this title won but clearly it doesn’t put the Gem lovers off. Ah well, it’s entertaining when they wade in 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is the thing for me. It’s cynical. I used to like her a lot (hence the follow) but recently I’m a bit more hmmmm about her.
Yes I liked her a lot then when she got pregnant again she just seemed to preach and think she knew it all. I think what finished me off was when she begged asked for advice with not having a carpet in the playroom. 🙄 🤪

Reactions: 6
I couldn’t give a shiny tit when anyone on here weaned their kid, what bothers me is someone with an audience of 1.9 million people puts them self out there as some kind of health visitor, spouting a load of nonsense about something really important. Why can’t she just feed her baby and not tell anyone?!? A lot of her followers are probably smart enough to use their common sense but there will be a lot of really stupid, gullible, vulnerable mums/parents out there listening to her and lapping it up and making decisions about their babies based on her behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.