Gemma Atkinson #3 Not a rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2616390

“my mum did it with me and I don’t remember a thing”

Yeah but look how emotionally unavailable you are Gem! To yourself, not just your kids.

Also very self absorbed and insecure with both her body and her relationship.

Not exactly the poster girl for good emotional health!

Probably not caused by cry it out type sleep training in isolation but I think it’s likely to be part of a pattern of behaviour if you are capable of ignoring your little ones crying for hours on end just to suit yourself.
This exactly!!!!!!
I bleeping hate when people say “well I’m ok” when they clearly aren’t and don’t have any emotional capacity to tend to a tiny baby (their own!!!!) who is crying in the night. That is not ok or normal!?
And it makes out* parents who do tend to their babies and children when they cry that they’re “giving in”. I hope if she ever cries Gorka tells her to duck off and grow up the evil witch.
I can’t imagine leaving my 8month old to scream until he’s so exhausted he falls asleep alone. So nasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
F that, when my children shout for me, whatever ungodly hour, I’m right there.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sharing replies that blow smoke up her arse (not the ones who point out any issues…)

IMG_2856.jpeg

---
Do you think she’s desperate to get Thiago sleeping through before Gorka comes back because she knows Gorka can’t handle it and will be pissy with them all if hes tired??

Sharing replies that blow smoke up her arse (not the ones who point out any issues…)

View attachment 2617055
---
Do you think she’s desperate to get Thiago sleeping through before Gorka comes back because she knows Gorka can’t handle it and will be pissy with them all if hes tired??
Thr thought had crossed my mind. I sincerely hope he isn't that person. 😳

Reactions: 12
I hate the phrase ‘tough love’ especially when we are talking about a 5 month old baby 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I hate the phrase ‘tough love’ especially when we are talking about a 5 month old baby 🙄
Especially when she doesn’t know who is listening to this advice - I think that’s the scariest thing first the early weaning and now the ‘tough love’ in the night. Some people are so easily influenced l, it’s a worry

Reactions: 16
I was about to post this. He's not trying to manipulate you Gem. He's a newborn, I hate it when people make out babies need "tough love" she's so simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's grim isn't it. I'm actually shocked reading thr way she talks about her babies in that post. Calling them manipulative, talking about tough love, giving in, giving them expectations and making them realise you are not going to give in etc :( it's so heartless and cruel. She clearly doesn't see babies and children as people/ as worth the same as she is. It's such an unbelievably outdated way of thinking. The NHS literally had posters up when I was pregnant saying that babies cannot be manipulative, when they cry for you it's not for 'attention' they literally need you and a human touch to develop properly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

View attachment 2617055
---
Ugh "my best example is my mum and I'm doing everything the same". That was 40 bleeping years ago Gemma, things have changed A LOT since then. We didn't have car seats 40 years ago, does that mean you don't strap your kids in safely when you take them in the car? Of course not, things change and rules/guidelines/laws change because as a society we grow and learn and do things better because we have more information available to us. My kid is 16 and I wouldn't ever presume to tell someone with a baby now how they should be doing stuff, because I know that things may well have changed since mine was little.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ugh such a toxic quote. Children who are horrifically abused by their parents also love them and don’t want to be separated from them, a child’s love for their parent is far more unconditional than our love for them, certainly in Gemma and Gorkas case. Doing whatever just because no body does it better according to your child doesn’t make it right!
IMG_6740.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
She's a bleeding weirdo!! Everything she does is to benefit her in some way. There is not one nurturing bone in her body. Very masculine way of life. Everything is tough love, cold, hard, restricted way of living. Glaringly obvious that she has so many insecurities.

Why have children if they're a massive inconvenience to you? Was it because it's the thing you do or was it to keep Gorka interested? He doesn't seem to be very interested if he's not spending much of his spare time with them all

• Sad
She's a bleeding weirdo!! Everything she does is to benefit her in some way. There is not one nurturing bone in her body. Very masculine way of life. Everything is tough love, cold, hard, restricted way of living. Glaringly obvious that she has so many insecurities.

Why have children if they're a massive inconvenience to you? Was it because it's the thing you do or was it to keep Gorka interested? He doesn't seem to be very interested if he's not spending much of his spare time with them all
I’m not sure it’s even ‘masculine’ it’s just cold.

Reactions: 13
She did say she wasn’t maternal and until she met Gorka she didn’t want children but he did and she changed her mind

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m not sure it’s even ‘masculine’ it’s just cold.
Masculine may have been the wrong word as there are some men who are very loving and nurturing with their kids so cold and detached from feelings is probably better way to describe her

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Masculine may have been the wrong word as there are some men who are very loving and nurturing with their kids so cold and detached from feelings is probably better way to describe her
Probably a hang over from the tough love and crying it out she was subjected to when she was a teeny baby 😉

She did say she wasn’t maternal and until she met Gorka she didn’t want children but he did and she changed her mind
She changed her mind or he changed her mind. Doesn’t look like having children has made her maternal either.

Maybe if Gorks was so keen he should’ve given up his work/career and become the main carer for the kids?

Reactions: 8
She changed her mind or he changed her mind. Doesn’t look like having children has made her maternal either.

Maybe if Gorks was so keen he should’ve given up his work/career and become the main carer for the kids?
Or settled down with someone who had the same feelings about having kids that he did. I think it's one of those things that should be discussed relatively early on if a relationship looks to be getting serious, as if one person definitely wants them and the other definitely doesn't, it's not something that should be compromised on.

Reactions: 11
Her post is shocking, implying that a child not sleeping in their own bed is just ‘trying it on’ and ‘playing up’ when the majority of the time it’s because they want comfort and to be close to their main caregiver.
She thinks she’s being relatable but she’s not, what would be relatable is seeing an instamum who actually recognises their baby/ child isn’t a robot you programme to sleep in their own room for 12 hours a night.

Reactions: 17
I’d love to hear what she’d say about my family, my 6 year old still comes into my bed occasionally, and I bloody love the cuddles 🤷‍♀️🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.