Gemma Atkinson #3 Not a rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“There never seems to be any actual evidence or reason”, so is she accusing the NHS of making stuff up?! They just pluck things out of thin air?! Is she serious?! Well in that case, I’d like to know what “actual evidence” this private baby physio has produced for her. She’s so far up her own arse it’s unreal.

Gemma, NHS guidelines are there for very good reason, based on all sorts of research and scientific evidence. It’s not made up on the back of a fag packet!
it’s ok though because she LOVES the NHS.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Vunerable mother's, with no support, might think it's ok to start firing bowls of porridge in their babies at that age, and give them less milk.

Reactions: 10
A quick google shows the 6 month guidance came in in 2003. 20 years ago. And was last reviewed 2018 where it remained unchanged.

How has 20 years of no change become ‘constantly changing’?!
Quite. My eldest was born in 2005 and this was the guidance we followed (despite my dreadful parent going ballistic that I wouldn't give him baby rice at 2 months 🙄). We have more milk or the hungry baby milk if he was particularly hungry and yes that often meant getting up more than once in the night but that's fine because HE WAS A BABY.

She is not very bright and only hears what she wants to hear and the lack of critical thinking is off the chart.

Reactions: 16
I think she has asked her private baby physio what age a baby should be able to sit up and they have told her that it’s different for all babies depending on a number of factors including weight and size which is correct. But Gemma being the absolutely up her own arse, thick as tit dunce that she is, has twisted that to mean that a baby doesn’t need to be able to sit up to start weaning, even though by her own post she says that it’s a choking hazard if they can’t sit up yet.

Finishing bottles and watching people eat are not signs of being ready to wean. They are signs of needing more milk at feeding times and being alert and watching what people around them are doing. He would probably watch her go to the toilet too but it doesn’t mean he’s ready to be potty trained.

And of course she was eating mashed up chicken liver at 4 months and she turned out to be the most intelligent, hardest training, most unbothered person in the world so we should all just agree with her!
Well If i was a private paediatric physiotherapist and a mother contacted me to ask when will my 16 wk old baby actually sit up ? I'd genuinely tell her to have a long hard think about wasting peoples time there's children at over 20 months who still struggle to take steps unaided or even stand in some cases so my answer would be when he's ready love
Also if he's still tiny enough to be in a bouncer having to lie down to eat then maybe wait for the bowls of porridge until he can sit up properly alone in a high chair so his food can go down properly, has she no common sense .

Reactions: 14
A quick google shows the 6 month guidance came in in 2003. 20 years ago. And was last reviewed 2018 where it remained unchanged.

How has 20 years of no change become ‘constantly changing’?!
I remember this. My eldest was born in 2003
(God almighty 😳).

No kids here so not clued up. But does surely early weening isn't just a choking thing but a digestive one too. I have UC and would not wish bowel/digestive conditions on my worst enemy. Are their tiny systems ready to digest like that. Just because he is showing signs he is ready doesn't mean is body actually is.

• Heart
She just spouts BIG FANCY WORDS back to criticism to make herself sound wise. Private baby physio?!? Ok hun. Babies weaned from 6 mo but only slowly so still predominantly milk based til 1yr old

Such a godawful know it all, don’t know how Gorka puts up with her but tbh I don’t think he’s the smartest tool either. Both seem very shallow

Reactions: 9
She needs to acknowledge that if you “write” a book about post-partum wellbeing and you do a TV show about your pregnancy you can’t also be just a “regular mum” on social media. You have a platform and a responsibility. Guidance is aimed at the lowest common denominator. She might be feeding her kid organic porridge from cows with their own masseuses, but elsewhere there’s parents weaning their 4 month olds on chicken nuggets. She has to wake up a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She just spouts BIG FANCY WORDS back to criticism to make herself sound wise. Private baby physio?!? Ok hun. Babies weaned from 6 mo but only slowly so still predominantly milk based til 1yr old

Such a godawful know it all, don’t know how Gorka puts up with her but tbh I don’t think he’s the smartest tool either. Both seem very shallow
Neither do I- although he always seems miserable. Not a likeable character.
I have never thought that they would go the distance, even now with two children I still can’t see them together forever.

Omg she's still going on. I weaned Mia early and she's okay 😅 the evidence links to problems in adulthood you absolute simpleton. This whole well our mums did it nonsense, how many adults do you know with IBS? And the obesity crisis we have which is linked to early weaning. Don't let science get in the way of stupidity aye Gem. I can't believe she's sharing all this too, lots of new mums will follow her.

It's about making her life easy nothing else.

Reactions: 29
Also this morning, talking about Haribo, 'I no longer crave those rank glucose, gelatine and dextrose sweets!' followed by 'I have them on occasion if I fancy'.

What? So are they rank or not Gemma? Make your mind up.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I just don't understand why a seemingly loving parent, would wean so early when all the evidence points towards early weaning and gastro issues in later life. It is selfishness pure and simple. Just put an extra oz in his bottle if he's draining it. The things she has said were signs of being ready to wean are 100% not signs. She is not very intelligent.
Also, babies wake a night. Why do parents act like it's a huge shock and inconvenience? I understand babies who wake hourly at his age would have you searching for desperate measures perhaps but I bet he was waking once.

Reactions: 25
I never understand why some people are so desperate to wean their babies before 6 months. Its not recommended by expert professionals. Why are they in such a rush? They aren’t little babies for long!
This 😂 my son is over 7months and has multiple allergies. It’s bleeping exhausting. Give me a tin of formula & a bottle any day!!
And if Thiago is so hungry maybe up his bottles hun most baby bottles go up to 9/10oz!

Reactions: 8
No love not everyone has to draw a cock in the snow......just you 🙄

The bottom three lines, a dig at us tattlers
View attachment 2603487
Well she’s not exactly wrong is she.. it’s not like she’s putting a dinner or owt infront of him.
---
The same mum that's not seen her grandson, and he's 4 month old
View attachment 2603678
---
She's getting black bags under her eyes
Wouldn’t you if you had two kids.. nothing wrong with it most people have dark eyes and bags. She would be called if she had fillers to correct it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wonder if her and Gorka go in the sauna at the end of the garden together,
and leave the kids in bed alone in the house🤔.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
A court proven child abuser and a mother who is weaning her child at 4 months, I did the exact same and my son is perfectly healthy, are NOT the same😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
A court proven child abuser and a mother who is weaning her child at 4 months, I did the exact same and my son is perfectly healthy, are NOT the same😂😂😂
Me too as that was the advice in the 90s. She grew up to be an athlete who was in her age group in the top 10 in UK for long jump. Injury ended it unfortunately. She’s still mega fit and healthy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.