Gemma Atkinson #3 Not a rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thick twit. Oh, spoke to someone private, who will tell you what you want to hear because they want the money to keep UIcoming.

When I weaned my eldest the research said that a babies stomach and kidneys aren’t developed enough to properly support the proper digestion of solids before 6 months old, early weaning was linked potentially to various stomach issues/sensitivities, and the main push for it was from formula companies pushing their baby foods.

This was only 7ish years ago, so I can’t imagine much has changed since then. As per usual, this is just Gemma doing what she can to make the baby sleep all night so not to disturb her/Gorka. If she doesn’t want any criticism she should stop sharing.
Honestly this is what she does EVERYTIME ........ bring out the big guns

'I've spoke to a private baby physio'
What?

She has every expert imaginable on speed dial and always private so her info is better than yours, doesn't matter what the problem is her comeback is always
'oh I've rang an expert and they've told me I'm right '

Reactions: 18
I don’t agree with piercing babies ears before they want to do it but how does that compare to weaning too early?

Reactions: 16
I hate this "do your own research" crap.... Also, Gemma, guidelines are evidence based not just made up for fun🙄🙄
I thought "do your own research" was what anti vaxxers spouted.

It takes a special kind of self belief to think you know better than the NHS guidelines, which "change all the time" due to advances in research and science. We know better, we do better. My mum smoked all the way through all of her pregnancies in the 70s and 80s, me and my siblings all turned out fine, so the latest guidelines that you shouldn't smoke when pregnant is clearly just someone changing the guidelines because they can, right? 🤷

Reactions: 25
Dearie me, when she does things like this she simply highlights that she's not very bright. What does she think the NHS base their guidelines on then? Someone just sitting around making stuff up for shits and giggles?

She’s thick as (vegan) mince. She has an audience of young Mums who follow her, she knows that she has an influence over them. Porridge twice a day is ALOT for a baby o f Trivago’s age, even if it is the most fancy shmancy stuff from the lakes and I really don’t get why she’s bragging about it either

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Yeah no peer reviewed papers after years of research.
And her just knowing is laughable.

Reactions: 11
My kid is 17 and the advice then was absolutely 6 months and had been for a while, it’s not new info.

Reactions: 11
I find her having a physiotherapist for her baby strange so have googled and I'm still none the wiser what they have to do with baby weaning
Screenshot_2023-12-01-16-07-31.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 9
“There never seems to be any actual evidence or reason”, so is she accusing the NHS of making stuff up?! They just pluck things out of thin air?! Is she serious?! Well in that case, I’d like to know what “actual evidence” this private baby physio has produced for her. She’s so far up her own arse it’s unreal.

Gemma, NHS guidelines are there for very good reason, based on all sorts of research and scientific evidence. It’s not made up on the back of a fag packet!

Reactions: 18
A physiotherapist surely deals with children with movement problems/disabilities. My sisters little boy didn’t walk till he was two. She saw a physiotherapist who gave her exercises to strengthen his leg muscles.What they did not do is tell her what and when to feed him. I do not know why she keeps wading in to debates about what to feed babies or sleep debates. You will always get people who support you because they too think they are the best parent since Mary and Joseph and then people who think your ‘advice’ is crap. Who it does not help is people who lack confidence in parenting and who just want to do the right thing. I suspect she’s just doing it to up her engagement?? That other parenting Guru Kate Lawler has just done the same thing regarding her very nearly third year old being squashed into a cot. It’s just annoying.

Reactions: 7
She's thick. She doesnt understand science or that guidance changes BECAUSE the evidence is constantly evolving.
People always think scientific information changing is a gotcha moment when actually science is meant to constantly change and evolve as new evidence is presented 😭 she’s so annoying with this!!

I find her having a physiotherapist for her baby strange so have googled and I'm still none the wiser what they have to do with baby weaning
View attachment 2603945
I’m a physio. Not in paediatrics, but I can tell you we’ve got duck all to do with weaning. There’s no way we’d be able to say in confidence what this ‘private baby physio’ has said. We don’t know this! If they have said this, they’re talking bollocks and it’s very dangerous. I’m actually appalled 😦

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She just showing her ignorance with the NHS guidance talk and the baby physio stuff. I'm constantly amazed how people who don't understand things can so confidently sound off. There is no point to her telling everyone these things either. Other than clicks.
---
I’m a physio. Not in paediatrics, but I can tell you we’ve got duck all to do with weaning. There’s no way we’d be able to say in confidence what this ‘private baby physio’ has said. We don’t know this! If they have said this, they’re talking bollocks and it’s very dangerous. I’m actually appalled 😦
It is dangerous. Which is why she should stop shouting off as she's an expert.

Reactions: 7
What’s a baby physio got to do with weaning?!? She’s just clutching at straws now to back up her weak argument which she knows is weak when the biggest healthcare provider in the country advises against it.
And if she’s read that early weaning can cause gut and health issues why wouldn’t you just wait 2 more months, it’s literally 60 odd more days, to give your child a better chance of avoiding those issues in the future.
I wish there were regulations in place to stop influencers spreading potentially dangerous advice to their followers. I know baby milk brands can’t advertise infant milk on the tv. There really needs to be more wide reaching rules to include influencers spouting such rubbish.

Reactions: 12
I never understand why some people are so desperate to wean their babies before 6 months. Its not recommended by expert professionals. Why are they in such a rush? They aren’t little babies for long!

Reactions: 12
The problem is that Gemma is thick, but she's the kind of thick where she doesn't realise it and actually thinks she's much smarter than everyone else. It won't have occurred to her that anyone with half a brain would be questioning anything she or her 'baby physio' has said. That's why she gets so triggered when she gets any comments about it. It's disbelief that there are people not hanging on every word of Professor Gemma the Expert on Absolutely Everything.

But remember, everyone is different and it's ok! Unless you disagree with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I never understand why some people are so desperate to wean their babies before 6 months. Its not recommended by expert professionals. Why are they in such a rush? They aren’t little babies for long!
She wants to fill him up, because she's to lazy to get up with him through the night.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I think she has asked her private baby physio what age a baby should be able to sit up and they have told her that it’s different for all babies depending on a number of factors including weight and size which is correct. But Gemma being the absolutely up her own arse, thick as tit dunce that she is, has twisted that to mean that a baby doesn’t need to be able to sit up to start weaning, even though by her own post she says that it’s a choking hazard if they can’t sit up yet.

Finishing bottles and watching people eat are not signs of being ready to wean. They are signs of needing more milk at feeding times and being alert and watching what people around them are doing. He would probably watch her go to the toilet too but it doesn’t mean he’s ready to be potty trained.

And of course she was eating mashed up chicken liver at 4 months and she turned out to be the most intelligent, hardest training, most unbothered person in the world so we should all just agree with her!

Last edited:
  • Sad
She wants to fill him up, because she's to lazy to get up with him through the night.

Absolutely this. Like I always say treating your body the best you can only applies to her, not her kids.

And the good old guidance always changes therefore I won't listen is about what I expected of Gem. Along with sharing messages about " it never did us any harm" at best she's stupid at worst she's harmful.

Reactions: 9
A quick google shows the 6 month guidance came in in 2003. 20 years ago. And was last reviewed 2018 where it remained unchanged.

How has 20 years of no change become ‘constantly changing’?!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.