Gem Lo Valentine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what is grating with me is the constant assertion that she did it by calorie counting and walking and didn’t cut out any good groups. Sure, she counted calories, and I’m sure she walked. It you do not lose 40lbs that quickly just from calorie counting and walking unless you are basically eating bugger all. How MANY calories did she allow herself every day? I’m pretty sure she didn’t go with the standard weight loss amount of 1500. Probably more like 800 or less. And she “didn’t cut out any food groups” but later mentions not eating carbs. Also, her legs look like frail sticks - there is no muscle definition to them which you would be able to see if exercise had played a big part in it WITHOUT a starvation diet. She is setting a terrible example and I thought she was better than that. I think she knows deep down that she is not ok but is fooling herself and everybody else that she has done it healthily and feels good. Too much of a coincidence that it happened after she mentioned her struggles with anxiety and depression.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s going to be so hard for her to keep the weight off, she’s going to be obsessed with calories with everything she eats or drinks. How sad, hope it doesn’t rub off on her little boy

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I basically exercise so I can eat more. you’d have to eat very little if the only exercise you do is a 40 minute walk. Just my opinion x

• Angry
  • Heart
I managed to watch 6m 23s before losing interest. She didn't need to lose 30lb and as for calorie counting EVERY SINGLE THING - that's obsessive and doesn't really mean that it's easily maintained. How boring must life be now?
Totally agree on this. She can say as much as she wants about not being on a diet and how she doesnt like the term but she clearly is if she is obsessively counting calories. Counting a drop of milk in tea? That's borderline disordered eating.
Honestly she can be whatever size she wants but I cant relate clothes wise to a size 6-8 coupled with the fact her personality has disappeared altogether. I had to laugh at the comments on the video one said,oh your personality is shining and you seem so much more comfortable. Have to disagree there!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm glad that other Tattlers feel the same. A size 6/8 at 5ft 7in sounds far too thin to me. I wonder how she injured herself with the Joe Wicks workout? I bet she went bonkers from the off and I write as a person who ended up with sciatica after going crazy for Pilates!

There are so many sycophants on her comments. Hmph!

Reactions: 5
Just watched the weight loss video and I'm really not convinced. She seems to know what she's talking about (discussing TDEE) but you just don't lose 40lbs by power walking and eating your TDEE. It's alarming how quickly she lost it and while she's saying all the right things, I don't think that's what she has done at all.

• Heart
She said as well in he video that she is good all week then ‘treats herself’ at the weekend to a pizza or chocolate etc.

that is how you develop a binge eating disorder. She says she didn’t deprive herself of anything and if that was the case she would allow herself chocolate whenever she fancied it in moderation rather than waiting for the weekend.

I will probably unfollow because I just don’t think she has done this healthily at all.

Reactions: 2
Losing so much weight in such a short amount of time is not healthy and it’s a shame she’s almost promoting that. If she still lives with her parents I wonder what they think about the sudden weight loss? The only time I lost a lot of weight really quickly was when I was hardly eating due to extreme stress and going through a hard time so honestly I hope she’s ok.

Reactions: 4
Mmmm. Referring to tea with a splash of milk and half a sugar as her regular treat “because life is for living” is not a healthy attitude. Who on earth would consider that to be decadent?

she’s reminding me of (about to show my age here) Geri Halliwell circa 2000ish when she appeared at an awards ceremony all tiny and was going on about how healthy she was and how it was all down to yoga. I remember thinking at the time: “No way. That’s a huge weight loss in a short time and it is sure as hell an eating disorder and exercise addiction.” Sure enough, a couple of years later she told all about how she was suffering from an ED and exercise addiction at the time (although has since not mentioned it as she has pretty much maintained that lifestyle ever since and is still scarily thin).

Anyway. Nothing about her appearance or what she has said makes me think that this is healthy weight loss or coming from a place of good mental health. The underwear photo she posted made me do a sharp intake of breath. Her legs look so poorly and thin. The thing is though that influencers know that owning up to EDs or poor eating habits is not acceptable so they will never admit to losing weight in that way. I just hope she’s alright and has some support as I am concerned.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t be surprised if she was influenced by Tanya Burr and others, whose builds are natural curves but now starve themselves :(. Gem was fine as she was.

Reactions: 2
Hmmm, she’s also bought a lot of clothes recently which I guess makes sense if she has lost weight but she is also buying a lot of oversize stuff to style as oversize, possibly to make her feel smaller in them? She didn’t need to lose any weight - she seemed fine, but her mood seems to have gone flat again. I remember she used to be bubbly and then went a bit flat and monotone in a couple of videos then disappeared for a while, then came back to say she was pregnant. She then seemed her old self again and had the post pregnancy mum hauls which she seemed bubbly in. Now she’s suddenly lost weight and her voice has gone back to how she was last time her videos were a bit off... I hope she is ok. She seemed genuinely nice I just hope she’s happy.

Mod edit;
Thread for less “ravey” commentary

I think also we have to remember that when making a ‘what I eat in a day’ video, she is going to put together meals that she thinks point to a healthy, balanced diet for the video. No YouTuber is going to make that sort of video and say things like “skipped breakfast this morning. Having an apple for lunch.” Or whatever - they know it’s all about how things appear and that they’d get called out for eating a starvation diet. 1400 calories is far too low if she’s trying to maintain her weight. And it is too high for her to have lost so much weight so quickly. I would guess that she did 800 calories a day but there’s no way she’d admit to that. I don’t doubt that she eats all of the food in the video at some point but I don’t think that it represents what she has genuinely been eating in a day. Again, she looked exhausted and frail all the way through the video. No amount of fake tan and make up can hide that.

So true, exactly what I was thinking. 1400 is too high for her to have lost the amount of weight she did but also abit low to maintain. I knew she wouldnt be honest and transparent in the videos. She never is in fairness, as I said before its like she wnats the influencer lifestyle without all the prying eyes.
Dont know why shes bothering with youtube anymore to be honest, she doesnt seem to enjoy it and seems to only want recognition for her frail and weak body from the comments

I think also we have to remember that when making a ‘what I eat in a day’ video, she is going to put together meals that she thinks point to a healthy, balanced diet for the video. No YouTuber is going to make that sort of video and say things like “skipped breakfast this morning. Having an apple for lunch.” Or whatever - they know it’s all about how things appear and that they’d get called out for eating a starvation diet. 1400 calories is far too low if she’s trying to maintain her weight. And it is too high for her to have lost so much weight so quickly. I would guess that she did 800 calories a day but there’s no way she’d admit to that. I don’t doubt that she eats all of the food in the video at some point but I don’t think that it represents what she has genuinely been eating in a day. Again, she looked exhausted and frail all the way through the video. No amount of fake tan and make up can hide that.
In her "what I eat in a day video" she slips up as she says when I want to lose weight I go to a calorie deficit.....I thought she was now "maintaining" her weight......so shaddy! The weighing and calorie tracking of food is obsessive especially if you have already lost close to 3 stone.

This woman makes me so cross, for years she whittered on about body positivity and embracing your curves and got quite a large following (💰💰)because of this and the comments were always people trying to feel the same about themselves. Skip forward, she's clearly underweight and now those same followers are now commenting about being desperate to lose weight because she's such an inspiration & how amazing she looks and anyone dare call her out on it is jealous?!? She's an utter fraud and making people feel tit in the process! Why can't people see this?

Sorry know this is a rave thread 😆

Reactions: 14
This woman makes me so cross, for years she whittered on about body positivity and embracing your curves and got quite a large following (💰💰)because of this and the comments were always people trying to feel the same about themselves. Skip forward, she's clearly underweight and now those same followers are now commenting about being desperate to lose weight because she's such an inspiration & how amazing she looks and anyone dare call her out on it is jealous?!? She's an utter fraud and making people feel tit in the process! Why can't people see this?

Sorry know this is a rave thread 😆
My thoughts exactly I said something similar a few pages ago
Massive fraud

My thoughts exactly I said something similar a few pages ago
Massive fraud
I feel really bad for her followers. They followed her because she made them feel normal and as if there is no shame in being mid size (WHICH THERE ISN’T) but the whole time she was bullshitting and hated her weight. Now they must all feel like there was something wrong with them and they need to lose too much weight like she did. If she wanted to lose weight then fine (although she has gone way to far and looks ill) but she should have got off of the internet if she wanted to do that because of the horrible message it gives to all the people who followed her because they wanted to be body positive.

Reactions: 4