Gem Lo Valentine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad she’s taken the decision to step back from social media. I think we all saw this coming and knew with the dramatic weight loss that she was struggling with something. Since the weight loss she’s definitely lost her spark and just didn’t seem right at all.
I imagine she might of received quite a few questions, comments and maybe even some backlash about the weight loss and that probably hasn’t helped even if they were just messages of concern.
I hope the break does her good, really hope she’ll be ok and that she can get back to the bubbly, happy person she seemed to be before.

Reactions: 2
I’m glad she’s taken the decision to step back from social media. I think we all saw this coming and knew with the dramatic weight loss that she was struggling with something. Since the weight loss she’s definitely lost her spark and just didn’t seem right at all.
I imagine she might of received quite a few questions, comments and maybe even some backlash about the weight loss and that probably hasn’t helped even if they were just messages of concern.
I hope the break does her good, really hope she’ll be ok and that she can get back to the bubbly, happy person she seemed to be before.
Oh, I’m so glad she’s made this decision. I hope she gets the help she needs.

I've just seen her recent Instagram story regarding this. Will she leave it up for a bit to explain her absence or keep this and the YouTube accounts both visible? I deactivated my Facebook account a while ago but aren't sure whether Instagram and YouTube work in the same way?

She's coming back. Just watched her latest video. I know it's not really any of our business why she took a break but her video would have been more interesting if she actually went into detail a bit more as she just said "everybody's fake, I kept comparing my life" ok is that why you dropped so much weight? Did you have a bad break up or something? I guess I'm just super nosy but she was very dramatic upon exit and idk why 🤷

Reactions: 4
Just watched her video and honestly, she sounds like her mental health is still very much in danger. "The older I get the more I just dont care what anyone thinks of me"... but gem you just took a 4 month break because of reasons unknown(presumably the fakeness on social media?) She obviously did care and her saying she doesnt is a defense mechanism or something?
Her harping on about designer bags,houses etc when have any of her followers even brought that up or expected her to be living this "insta"life? That is entirely her own insecurities and I still feel she needs to work on herself before even attempting to go back to social media

Reactions: 7
Just watched her video and honestly, she sounds like her mental health is still very much in danger. "The older I get the more I just dont care what anyone thinks of me"... but gem you just took a 4 month break because of reasons unknown(presumably the fakeness on social media?) She obviously did care and her saying she doesnt is a defense mechanism or something?
Her harping on about designer bags,houses etc when have any of her followers even brought that up or expected her to be living this "insta"life? That is entirely her own insecurities and I still feel she needs to work on herself before even attempting to go back to social media
I agree. She was so successful and well liked on YouTube because she didn’t fit the typical social media mould of being scarily thin and going on and on about all the things she had. Nobody ever expected her to own her own home or have designer bags and clothes or lose a load of weight - if she ever felt like that and still feels like that then that is a product of her own mental health issues and I don’t believe for a second that she’s over it just because she says she is. If anything, that video just made it look like she was even more desperate to attain those things.

I couldn’t tell from the video whether she is still so dangerously thin. I hope she isn’t but I suspect she might be.Coming back to YouTube and Instagram after a mental health break would be a very good time to address that and talk about the dangers of taking dieting too far and how eating disorders start, especially as she will have a lot of impressionable, young followers. But I don’t think she will address is because I don’t think she has addressed it with herself or is allowing herself to ack owledge that she had/has a problem.

Reactions: 8
I love Gemma and love her YouTube videos, I must say I was super surprise at her such drastic weight loss (she looks great now, and did before her weight loss IMO) she seems such a great mum to her little boy and she just comes across very likeable. I really hope she gets the help she needs for her MH (if she’s struggling ofc) !!

She's not quite as slender as she got at the height of her calorie deficit obsession, which is a good thing. I agree with PP, she told her public naff all about anything apart from some vacuous comments about other IGers.

Her ASnore vid was pretty boring and I gave up.

Her latest thumbnail is a bit much imo.
I was gonna say. Especially after taking time off because she had image based self esteem issues and a social media break for that reason. I think it’s just putting yourself out there a bit too much, unnecessarily.

Her latest thumbnail is a bit much imo.
Oh crikey I couldn’t believe she actually tried that on, on camera! I thought showing us at all was a bit OTT (it was basically s*x clothes) but then when the next shot was of her wearing it I was pretty surprised!

Reactions: 3
Oh crikey I couldn’t believe she actually tried that on, on camera! I thought showing us at all was a bit OTT (it was basically s*x clothes) but then when the next shot was of her wearing it I was pretty surprised!
Absolutely. I mean her boots were practically out!

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately the one thing that made me like Gem and follow her was because she was my size and seemed relatable.
I can find thousands of size 8/10 influences but few size 14/16. It was her and Lucy Wood. Both now unfollowed now.

Reactions: 5
Her stories about not getting the YT views has really annoyed me. Why do these so called influencers think they are entitled to a large numbers or views = £. I'm also sick of her going on about her mental health and body issues, if you are really struggling, get the F off of social media and deal with your issues but they want the best of both worlds! Also makes me realise how of a liar she was when she bleated on about being comfortable in her size 14 body. 🤬

Her stories about not getting the YT views has really annoyed me. Why do these so called influencers think they are entitled to a large numbers or views = £. I'm also sick of her going on about her mental health and body issues, if you are really struggling, get the F off of social media and deal with your issues but they want the best of both worlds! Also makes me realise how of a liar she was when she bleated on about being comfortable in her size 14 body. 🤬
Exactly
She turned out to just be another one of the huns
Sad really as I think she will lose a lot of followers

I don’t like when influencers ask for videos ideas as well... this is their job. Surely the point is she makes the content and then viewers who are into the kind of content she produces will watch it.

She won’t gain new subs by doing endless Primark hauls! But I’ve watched Gem for years and years now, must be over 5 or 6 and her only consistent uploads are Primark hauls.