Gem Lo Valentine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what is grating with me is the constant assertion that she did it by calorie counting and walking and didn’t cut out any good groups. Sure, she counted calories, and I’m sure she walked. It you do not lose 40lbs that quickly just from calorie counting and walking unless you are basically eating bugger all. How MANY calories did she allow herself every day? I’m pretty sure she didn’t go with the standard weight loss amount of 1500. Probably more like 800 or less. And she “didn’t cut out any food groups” but later mentions not eating carbs. Also, her legs look like frail sticks - there is no muscle definition to them which you would be able to see if exercise had played a big part in it WITHOUT a starvation diet. She is setting a terrible example and I thought she was better than that. I think she knows deep down that she is not ok but is fooling herself and everybody else that she has done it healthily and feels good. Too much of a coincidence that it happened after she mentioned her struggles with anxiety and depression.
She must be on a no carb (Atkins/Keto) style diet. The thing with those diets us as soon as you start eating carbs you will gain all the weight back. I hate it when "influencers" lie through their teeth about things like weight loss......oh I didn't cut anything out I did all the right way. BULLSHIT!

Reactions: 3
She must be on a no carb (Atkins/Keto) style diet. The thing with those diets us as soon as you start eating carbs you will gain all the weight back. I hate it when "influencers" lie through their teeth about things like weight loss......oh I didn't cut anything out I did all the right way. BULLSHIT!
And then the What I Eat in a Day videos and pics always feature those blooming porridge or smoothie bowls with fruits arranged beautifully on top, as if that’s what they have every day!

Reactions: 5
Anyone know what she’s taking about on her stories? She said she’s deleted some negative posts? I saw her saying she’s fed up as her views are low is that what she’s talking about or has she done something else now?

Reactions: 2
I saw her saying she’s fed up as her views are low
Oh boohoo gem, gimme a break 🙄 you basically lied to EVERYONE that followed you. "I love my wobbly bits" blah blah blah. What a shock you've lost followers and views. She cant expect to have followers when a wall is more transparent

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh boohoo gem, gimme a break 🙄 you basically lied to EVERYONE that followed you. "I love my wobbly bits" blah blah blah. What a shock you've lost followers and views. She cant expect to have followers when a wall is more transparent
Plus it’s haul after haul after haul. I mean I do enjoy her hauls because I have similar style but seriously it’s just too many!?

Where does she go to wear all these clothes?
I think if she had a more varied videos she would get more followers.

Reactions: 3
I don't watch her anymore. She's really insincere now and has no appeal now she is so stick thin.

All the 'embrace the mum tum' dancing around she used to do, was just a cover up as she obviously wasn't happy in her skin. Really dishonest and put me right off her. She doesn't suit being so thin either, she looks ill actually.

Reactions: 7
Err she has apparently removed the weight loss video for personal reasons...🤔

Reactions: 2
Did it have good views? I am a long time susbscriber but didn’t watch because I knew it would make me feel tit about myself.

I feel sorry for her. I do wonder if she’s really cut out for social media as a job, she seems so anxious about everything and clearly has struggles with depression. I hope she is okay because I think she seems lovely 🙁

Reactions: 1
She's complaining about how her hair looks but it's probably because she's not eating well/enough... why hasn't she put two and two together? It doesn't look like it needs to be trimmed, it looks thin and unhealthy.

Reactions: 4
Just catching up now; there was a sponsored mega cringey lounge/underwear video which made me question why she's wearing a 36 band size bra if she's lost all of that weight? It was uploaded about three months ago.

I soon got bored and chose her most recent, at time of writing, the ASOS/Top Shop haul and she's got even thinner - resembling a lollipop. As other posters have already said, her hair is damaged because of her restrictive diet. She's so repetitive and the vocabulary is limited.

As for ordering stuff, trying it on, videoing it and returning the majority, that's just wrong. Hmm.

Just watched Gem’s video ‘I can’t do this anymore’: she’s admitted how she has been feeling about competing with other influencers, and that she feels like quitting social media. That there’s so much pressure to look beautiful and that she’s unhappy despite losing weight. Good for her for admitting that, let’s hope she looks after herself.

Reactions: 7
Oh jeez wonder how long her new video will stay up, it’s horrible to see her like this, she desperately needs help..I hope her family can get her away from social media

This is very sad, and it was obvious that she was feeling this way. It’s been painful to watch her lose so much weight and retreat further into her shell. I do think that what she needs at the moment is to either quit for good or to take a very long break to work on herself emotionally away from social media. Not because she isn’t good at it but because it isn’t good for her, her son or any of the impressionable people watching her for this to be happening. I do hope that her parents have her back. I want to give the poor girl and hug and a bloody big sandwich.

The irony is that she did perfectly well when she was a average size and had loads of loyal followers who found her likeable and relatable. I have no interest in watching an identikit skinny clone wearing tiny clothes and passing their eating disorder off as a healthy lifestyle or obsessively cleaning their house, but I quite happily watched a pretty, average sized single mum chatting about her son and her life and trying on clothes and looking damn good on most of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s totally lost her spark since she lost all that weight. So sad to see. I used to love her Primark size 14 hails with bright florals and patterned clothes. Now it’s size 8 neutral coloured hauls which are so common and dull. I know what it’s like to think losing weight will make you happy but it rarely does. She had an amazing figure before and was great for body positivity. Think she should take some time off perhaps. She was one of my faves.

Reactions: 6
This is very sad, and it was obvious that she was feeling this way. It’s been painful to watch her lose so much weight and retreat further into her shell. I do think that what she needs at the moment is to either quit for good or to take a very long break to work on herself emotionally away from social media. Not because she isn’t good at it but because it isn’t good for her, her son or any of the impressionable people watching her for this to be happening. I do hope that her parents have her back. I want to give the poor girl and hug and a bloody big sandwich.

The irony is that she did perfectly well when she was a average size and had loads of loyal followers who found her likeable and relatable. I have no interest in watching an identikit skinny clone wearing tiny clothes and passing their eating disorder off as a healthy lifestyle or obsessively cleaning their house, but I quite happily watched a pretty, average sized single mum chatting about her son and her life and trying on clothes and looking damn good on most of them.
A perfect summary. Can't she get a regular job which works around her son?

I've just watched; she definitely needs time away from YT and SM in general.

Last edited: