GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Globalist' very much is an antisemitic term. It's based on the idea that 'Jews don't belong anywhere, they just wander the world'. There is a big difference between trade alliances between nations and 'collective governance and control'. The EU nations barely agree on anything - so much for 'collective governance'!

The WEF is just a talking shop for very rich people. I've read the 4th Industrial Revolution and I don't think it's really anything to get worked up about. Most of this WEF stuff is vastly overblown by conspiracy theorists who want to make it out as something much more nefarious than it is. It's really no different to the Illuminati/Rothschild nonsense of old.
My neighbour is Jewish, and I once asked him (in jest) if the Jews really controlled everything in finance. His reply/
'duck off, I can't even control my wifes' credit card'.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I watch it, with a pinch of salt.

Are they are bit amateur compared to established news shows? Yes. Do they have some questionable presenters? Yes. However, they cover and allow different viewpoints whereas BBC News etc cover a very limited pre-approved by bigwigs articles. I can’t stand Lawrence Fox for example, but that doesn’t stop me appreciating the content of other news readers on GB News like Nana Akua, she’s often spot on about things like racism politics, woke agenda etc. I think Patrick Christys also seems a bit calmer than the others. I Also enjoy Plank of the Week on Talk TV. I still also read BBC News, Sky News, Daily Fail to try to see how things are reported from other perspectives. I like GB News and Talk TV in the mix of my news information, because they cover topics that matter to me, like the gender ideology and criticism of hypocritical celebs. And no, i’m not far right. It’s possible to question government behaviour without having a tin foil hat on.

I think eventually GB News will settle down, have presenters on that are less controversial but still cover the controversial topics. It’s still a fledging venture whereas BBC News etc has the benefit of 1) time and experience and 2) taxpayer money.
I could have written this. It sums me up perfectly.

My only dilemma is Saturday and Sunday breakfast on who to watch as I love Dr David and Dr Rene on Talk but equally love Stephen and Ellie on GB News. I don't watch Dewbs as I feel she has now reached her limit with topics so sometimes I opt for Vanessa as she approaches topics in a calm and balanced way

Reactions: 7
That’s a huge leap to say “globalist” is an antisemitic term. I’ve heard that before and thought it ridiculous then. Given the technology, transportation and international business investment nature of the world today, it is not unreasonable to think nations will shrink in this Era of Migration (as Hague put it) and there will be jostling for some kind of collective governance and control. That’s what the EU is all about (and BRICS looks to be about) after all.

Also, WEF is quite open about its ambitions and predictions. It’s attended by world leaders, movers and shakers. Have you read 4th Industrial Revolution? There is a very definite path of progression with AI and technology at the heart (ie 4th Industrial Revolution). While I don’t necessarily share all Neil’s worries about enslavement to this system, I do think there is a problem with having the lives of billions all over the world in the hands of a few corporate units. Power over the many by the few and all that.
'Globalist' very much is an antisemitic term. It's based on the idea that 'Jews don't belong anywhere, they just wander the world'. There is a big difference between trade alliances between nations and 'collective governance and control'. The EU nations barely agree on anything - so much for 'collective governance'!

The WEF is just a talking shop for very rich people. I've read the 4th Industrial Revolution and I don't think it's really anything to get worked up about. Most of this WEF stuff is vastly overblown by conspiracy theorists who want to make it out as something much more nefarious than it is. It's really no different to the Illuminati/Rothschild nonsense of old.
“Globalist” was also used to describe Hitler. Not really noted for his dedication to Judaism.

As far as the EU goes, if that was the consensus, there wouldn’t be five years of incessant Brexit mewling.

If you want to believe that about the WEF then that’s your prerogative. Logically, it’s pretty regressive to believe where we are with global connectivity and international business and migration we are going to operate on the same system of national governance indefinitely.

IMG_4614.jpeg

The thing about the WEF is that much of it makes logical sense (from a corporate point of view).

I could have written this. It sums me up perfectly.

My only dilemma is Saturday and Sunday breakfast on who to watch as I love Dr David and Dr Rene on Talk but equally love Stephen and Ellie on GB News. I don't watch Dewbs as I feel she has now reached her limit with topics so sometimes I opt for Vanessa as she approaches topics in a calm and balanced way
I have that dilemma too! Enjoy both shows

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is it not allowed to slag-off something you watch? I don't follow. I personally enjoy watching it sometimes so I can slag it off. I also read a lot about it in Private Eye and like to share what I find here. Weird post.
As is yours. Weird

The coutts story seems like such a non issue. Of course one of the most prestigious banking brands had talks about ditching him as a client. It probably wasn't worth the hassle but it's a surprise to no one that they had such talks.

They offered him banking with one of their other brands within the same group so it's hardly like he was denied banking.

The only interesting bit is they appear to have briefed the bbc with half truths. Surely they knew they'd be compelled to hand over their internal notes 🤦‍♀️

The Coutts story is beyond dull. :LOL: Man of the people Nigel banking at Coutts ... honestly, you couldn't make it up.

Reactions: 1
Apparently (and this comes from Guido Fawkes so maybe worth taking it with a huge pinch of salt) Murdoch has tried to buy GBN twice.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The coutts story seems like such a non issue. Of course one of the most prestigious banking brands had talks about ditching him as a client. It probably wasn't worth the hassle but it's a surprise to no one that they had such talks.

They offered him banking with one of their other brands within the same group so it's hardly like he was denied banking.

The only interesting bit is they appear to have briefed the bbc with half truths. Surely they knew they'd be compelled to hand over their internal notes 🤦‍♀️
They've only offered him a personal account, not a business account
---
Apparently (and this comes from Guido Fawkes so maybe worth taking it with a huge pinch of salt) Murdoch has tried to buy GBN twice.

Proves the popularity of GB news.

GB News 'storms' Greenpeace HQ. :LOL: Nice publicity stunt ... this channel is totally bonkers.

Anyone know why Eamonn and Isabel are off air at the moment? Are they just on holidays? It's been Stephen and Ellie for a while now, on Mondays to Thursdays.

Anyone know why Eamonn and Isabel are off air at the moment? Are they just on holidays? It's been Stephen and Ellie for a while now, on Mondays to Thursdays.
I switched on this morning and it was a refreshing change to see Stephen and Isabel. Looks like Isabel is back.

Not surprised these two are at each other, them annoying each other does make it watchable though!

Not surprised these two are at each other, them annoying each other does make it watchable though!

It took her nearly five minutes to get to the real point - ie supporting someone who shares her stance on covid. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure I've ever seen co-presenters bicker like that. Maybe they do it regularly; I don't watch GB News myself. But from her tweets she comes across as an attention seeker.

Reactions: 2
from her tweets she comes across as an attention seeker.
Almost everyone who appears on GB News either as a guest or a host is a rampant attention-seeker. I swear there are more borderline personalities per square inch in that building than anywhere else in the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think you have to be an egomaniac to get a job fronting something in the media, but on GB news there's no reigning them in.

The same commentators are turned up to 11 when appearing on that channel.

I can't think why ofcom doesn't consider it news 😆

Reactions: 3
It took her nearly five minutes to get to the real point - ie supporting someone who shares her stance on covid. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure I've ever seen co-presenters bicker like that. Maybe they do it regularly; I don't watch GB News myself. But from her tweets she comes across as an attention seeker.
I've watched it and found myself agreeing with Andrew Pierce, BUT he was grandstanding and barely letting Beverely Turner get a word in. I'd like to have heard her expand her argument - if she had one. If she hadn't, she would have been hoist by her own petard. Interrupting as Pierce was doing may make good telly but doesn't inform the debate. A major weakness in Turner's position was not having seen the Dispatches programme.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.