GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I know, it's unreal. Although he wasn't my cup of tea per se, he was really engaging as a tv presenter pottering around on Coast and explaining bones and stuff. Sure there must be a grifting element to it, but he clearly likes the limelight and I guess this is the best way he can get a gig on TV. He really does seem to buy into this conspiracy theory nonsense, but again, he is a pretty good presenter so it might just be an act. Then there's the age element, he's a bit older than me ... but it does seem that if a white man is going to leave the reservation it's going to happen somewhere between the ages of about 45 to 65 (see Huw). :LOL:

I read in Private Eye that the guy who bankrolls GB News wants to shift-away from people like Neil and his conspiracy theory stuff. As you say, he's entitled to his views, but I think the long game is to attract a broader audience and also to avoid more trouble from Ofcom. I guess we'll see over the coming months if that comes to pass.
I notice they got rid of Mark Steyn for similar conspiracy theories. Eventually they have to be careful of what they allow from presenters and topics.

Reactions: 2
Aw I really like Neil Oliver. I do think he seems quite unwell at the moment though, like pressures of life are getting to him.

It pisses me off when commentary throws around the “ultra-right” label. Not only does it give the impression that Oliver is some kind of Neo-Nazi, undermining the true threat of that ideology, but also belittles the political concept of personal freedom and private enterprise like communism is the norm base level from which that “ultra far right” position is viewed. I personally don’t want to be controlled to the nth degree by a state machine no matter how much leftists try to make it sound like Utopia. It’s never worked, ever, as millions of untimely deaths in its name will attest.

Reactions: 8
Aw I really like Neil Oliver. I do think he seems quite unwell at the moment though, like pressures of life are getting to him.

It pisses me off when commentary throws around the “ultra-right” label. Not only does it give the impression that Oliver is some kind of Neo-Nazi, undermining the true threat of that ideology, but also belittles the political concept of personal freedom and private enterprise like communism is the norm base level from which that “ultra far right” position is viewed. I personally don’t want to be controlled to the nth degree by a state machine no matter how much leftists try to make it sound like Utopia. It’s never worked, ever, as millions of untimely deaths in its name will attest.
Not saying Neil is or isn’t a neo-Nazi… but he has at least once had a Holocaust denier on his show, and has alleged there is a ‘silent war’ to install a one world government (sound familiar?):

Though he did once passionately denounce the Uyghur genocide in China, so I guess that’s something…? I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I think your fears of a communist takeover are unfounded. I couldn’t agree with you more on it being a dangerous ideology, but the only people calling for it are a few idiot hipsters who live on Twitter. Corbyn and his mates have all been expelled from the Labour Party and/or thoroughly expunged of any senior positions. Starmer is much more of a centrist, which is working wonders. I think
a Labour government will end up more pro business than the current crop of Tories!

Not saying Neil is or isn’t a neo-Nazi… but he has at least once had a Holocaust denier on his show, and has alleged there is a ‘silent war’ to install a one world government (sound familiar?):

Though he did once passionately denounce the Uyghur genocide in China, so I guess that’s something…? I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I think your fears of a communist takeover are unfounded. I couldn’t agree with you more on it being a dangerous ideology, but the only people calling for it are a few idiot hipsters who live on Twitter. Corbyn and his mates have all been expelled from the Labour Party and/or thoroughly expunged of any senior positions. Starmer is much more of a centrist, which is working wonders. I think
a Labour government will end up more pro business than the current crop of Tories!
I don’t fear a communist takeover so much as the marketing that far left ideology is somehow preferable far right, and I think the only way Oliver could be seen as “ultra right” is if you view him from a far left position.

I agree, I don’t think there’s much between political parties at the moment. They all piss in the same pot and it’s just the colour of the leaflet that differs. I think we are at the point where business has become incestuous with politics, and that is true for all mainstream parties. “Stakeholder governance” isn’t that much of a fantasy tbh when you consider the pecuniary interest of bureaucrats. That isn’t to say that all politicians have nefarious intent, but with globalisation & technological advance, politics is very much a different beast to what went on even 30 years ago. A lot of people haven’t caught up to that.

I wish I could find that tweet about Neil living in a cabin in the scottish highlands scraping heroin resin from the cracks of a table as the rain hammered against the window pane outside ... etc. etc.

It was something like that, it did make me chuckle. The point was, Neil perhaps goes to some very dark places in his private time. :cautious:

For all those slagging off GB news, you sure much watch a lot of it to have such an opinion lol. You seem to know every presenter, every topic.
Why can't you accept that there are a vast majority who like it

Reactions: 6
For all those slagging off GB news, you sure much watch a lot of it to have such an opinion lol. You seem to know every presenter, every topic.
Is it not allowed to slag-off something you watch? I don't follow. I personally enjoy watching it sometimes so I can slag it off. I also read a lot about it in Private Eye and like to share what I find here. Weird post.

Reactions: 4
I watch it, with a pinch of salt.

Are they are bit amateur compared to established news shows? Yes. Do they have some questionable presenters? Yes. However, they cover and allow different viewpoints whereas BBC News etc cover a very limited pre-approved by bigwigs articles. I can’t stand Lawrence Fox for example, but that doesn’t stop me appreciating the content of other news readers on GB News like Nana Akua, she’s often spot on about things like racism politics, woke agenda etc. I think Patrick Christys also seems a bit calmer than the others. I Also enjoy Plank of the Week on Talk TV. I still also read BBC News, Sky News, Daily Fail to try to see how things are reported from other perspectives. I like GB News and Talk TV in the mix of my news information, because they cover topics that matter to me, like the gender ideology and criticism of hypocritical celebs. And no, i’m not far right. It’s possible to question government behaviour without having a tin foil hat on.

I think eventually GB News will settle down, have presenters on that are less controversial but still cover the controversial topics. It’s still a fledging venture whereas BBC News etc has the benefit of 1) time and experience and 2) taxpayer money.

Reactions: 7

Are they are bit amateur compared to established news shows? Yes. Do they have some questionable presenters? Yes. However, they cover and allow different viewpoints whereas BBC News etc cover a very limited pre-approved by bigwigs articles. I can’t stand Lawrence Fox for example, but that doesn’t stop me appreciating the content of other news readers on GB News like Nana Akua, she’s often spot on about things like racism politics, woke agenda etc. I think Patrick Christys also seems a bit calmer than the others. I Also enjoy Plank of the Week on Talk TV. I still also read BBC News, Sky News, Daily Fail to try to see how things are reported from other perspectives. I like GB News and Talk TV in the mix of my news information, because they cover topics that matter to me, like the gender ideology and criticism of hypocritical celebs. And no, i’m not far right. It’s possible to question government behaviour without having a tin foil hat on.

I think eventually GB News will settle down, have presenters on that are less controversial but still cover the controversial topics. It’s still a fledging venture whereas BBC News etc has the benefit of 1) time and experience and 2) taxpayer money.
I love Nana Akua, she’s probably my favourite.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why can't you accept that there are a vast majority who like it
No they don’t. The “vast majority” don’t even watch it, let alone like it.

IMG-9150.jpg

It’s really stale and hackneyed that if you’re not as left as the person spouting off, you’re ultra- or far- right, and because of its connotation with Nazism it’s not exactly subtle in its attempts to demonise dissenters.
---
No they don’t. The “vast majority” don’t even watch it, let alone like it.

View attachment 2313751
On the same page that you’ve taken that graphic from, it shows GB News has 535% growth which is quite astounding for a 2 year old dotcom news channel. The implication that it’s a dead fish that viewers don’t like isn’t one anyone looking at those stats would share.

gb-news-audience-has-soared-in-recent-months 2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It’s really stale and hackneyed that if you’re not as left as the person spouting off, you’re ultra- or far- right
Literally nobody has said this but tune into GB News daily for another edition of “Anything I don’t like is wOkE!!!1!1!!!11!!!”

Literally nobody has said this but tune into GB News daily for another edition of “Anything I don’t like is wOkE!!!1!1!!!11!!!”
Except someone literally did in a tweet, and it was posted only on the last page.

IMG_4613.jpeg

Except someone literally did in a tweet, and it was posted only on the last page.

View attachment 2313801
Neil Oliver is definitely a nutjob, though. I don't know about him being far right or ultra right per se but he probably does have some sympathies in that direction, given he's had at least a couple of borderline neo-Nazis on his GB News show. Nice of you to cite my post btw, Doc :)

Neil Oliver is definitely a nutjob, though. I don't know about him being far right or ultra right per se but he probably does have some sympathies in that direction, given he's had at least a couple of borderline neo-Nazis on his GB News show. Nice of you to cite my post btw, Doc :)
Probably, sympathies and borderline is all very vague though, isn’t it?

But yeah, I think he’s unwell at the moment. Not sure I’d say nut job, but I do think he’s maybe got the black dog with him and his bleak view is a manifestation of that.

Probably, sympathies and borderline is all very vague though, isn’t it?
Not really. Given he's always banging on about 'globalists' and the WEF and similar, I don't think it's difficult to work out his views (thinks there is going to be a one world dictatorship forced on us by the globalists - and people who use that term usually mean 'the Jews'. Not a million miles away from what Hitler believed).

I agree he's probably unwell. I do feel sorry for him as he clearly wasn't like that years ago. I hope in time he can get the help he needs.

Reactions: 3
Not really. Given he's always banging on about 'globalists' and the WEF and similar, I don't think it's difficult to work out his views (thinks there is going to be a one world dictatorship forced on us by the globalists - and people who use that term usually mean 'the Jews'. Not a million miles away from what Hitler believed).

I agree he's probably unwell. I do feel sorry for him as he clearly wasn't like that years ago. I hope in time he can get the help he needs.
That’s a huge leap to say “globalist” is an antisemitic term. I’ve heard that before and thought it ridiculous then. Given the technology, transportation and international business investment nature of the world today, it is not unreasonable to think nations will shrink in this Era of Migration (as Hague put it) and there will be jostling for some kind of collective governance and control. That’s what the EU is all about (and BRICS looks to be about) after all.

Also, WEF is quite open about its ambitions and predictions. It’s attended by world leaders, movers and shakers. Have you read 4th Industrial Revolution? There is a very definite path of progression with AI and technology at the heart (ie 4th Industrial Revolution). While I don’t necessarily share all Neil’s worries about enslavement to this system, I do think there is a problem with having the lives of billions all over the world in the hands of a few corporate units. Power over the many by the few and all that.

That’s a huge leap to say “globalist” is an antisemitic term. I’ve heard that before and thought it ridiculous then. Given the technology, transportation and international business investment nature of the world today, it is not unreasonable to think nations will shrink in this Era of Migration (as Hague put it) and there will be jostling for some kind of collective governance and control. That’s what the EU is all about (and BRICS looks to be about) after all.

Also, WEF is quite open about its ambitions and predictions. It’s attended by world leaders, movers and shakers. Have you read 4th Industrial Revolution? There is a very definite path of progression with AI and technology at the heart (ie 4th Industrial Revolution). While I don’t necessarily share all Neil’s worries about enslavement to this system, I do think there is a problem with having the lives of billions all over the world in the hands of a few corporate units. Power over the many by the few and all that.
'Globalist' very much is an antisemitic term. It's based on the idea that 'Jews don't belong anywhere, they just wander the world'. There is a big difference between trade alliances between nations and 'collective governance and control'. The EU nations barely agree on anything - so much for 'collective governance'!

The WEF is just a talking shop for very rich people. I've read the 4th Industrial Revolution and I don't think it's really anything to get worked up about. Most of this WEF stuff is vastly overblown by conspiracy theorists who want to make it out as something much more nefarious than it is. It's really no different to the Illuminati/Rothschild nonsense of old.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.