GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this will be of tons of interest or not but may as well create this thread for the new TV station.

They are announcing their weekday schedule today, with Kirsty Gallacher on breakfast, Michelle Dewberry on late afternoon/early evening, Andrew Neil on evenings and then late evenings with Dan Wootton plus some daytime hosts with two hosts.

I don’t think they’ll be totally crazy since still governed by Ofcom but I hope they do a good job with it.

Reactions: 3
I used to enjoy This Week, which was on after Question Time.
Andrew Neil, Liz Kendall, Abbott, Portillo etc
Hopefully there's a show like that again on GB News, was baffled that the BBC dropped the programme.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this will be of tons of interest or not but may as well create this thread for the new TV station.

They are announcing their weekday schedule today, with Kirsty Gallacher on breakfast, Michelle Dewberry on late afternoon/early evening, Andrew Neil on evenings and then late evenings with Dan Wootton plus some daytime hosts with two hosts.

I don’t think they’ll be totally crazy since still governed by Ofcom but I hope they do a good job with it.
Thanks-I wasn’t aware of this! Is airing 24 hours a day?

Whilst I have high hopes for the channel, Tom Harwood (their political correspondent) is really annoying me on Twitter and the drivel he's spouting (both on Eurovision and on COVID) is making me quite nervous about what their output may be.

We now know the start date :) Fingers crossed we will now have a news channel to challenge BBC and Sky. A channel that won't be scared of hurting feelings by mentioning stuff the woke Beeb will not. I reckon BBC Breakfast and GMB will be nervous about morning ratings too. I can see Piers turning up there as a breakfast presenter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Really pleased to see this and hope it gets a good number of viewers. About time the BBC had some competition. Hopefully we will get some more independent news coverage now.

Reactions: 5
Channel numbers confirmed:

Freeview/YouView 236
Freesat 216
Sky 515
Virgin Media 626

Already on Freeview apparently but will appear on other platforms from June 1st (or close to it) with a video loop promotion.

According to Popbitch, Andrew Neil is stuck at his residence in France, and arrangements are being made to broadcast his first show from a studio on the French Riviera 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm looking forward to giving this a go - I reckon it will be more a TV version of TalkRadio, they just can't go to the extremes of Fox and that would be short lived anyway.

Dan Wootton & Neil Oliver's shows are definitely ones to watch, as will be Andrew Neil when he gets a politician on.

Don’t see a problem with that…
What, that the figurehead presenter of the much-vaunted GB News, "Britain's News Channel", which also has the UK flag in its logo, will be doing his very first show from France? Surely he could have foreseen such an irony and got himself back sooner.

Reactions: 3
I'm looking forward to giving this a go - I reckon it will be more a TV version of TalkRadio, they just can't go to the extremes of Fox and that would be short lived anyway.

Dan Wootton & Neil Oliver's shows are definitely ones to watch, as will be Andrew Neil when he gets a politician on.
Neil oliver's a class act 👌

Reactions: 2
I don't like the logo, it's transitions and how it's displayed on screen 😆. But will be watching for sure

Yel

Lots of the branding looks off to me, this apprentice winner aways seemed like a poor booking for a panel show let alone her own gig.

20210606_104235.jpg

Reactions: 2
At the moment the branding seems a bit like the branding for a fake news programme in a TV series. Does that make sense? But maybe once they're broadcasting it will seem normal to me? I am definitely to the left of their target audience but I find Wooton entertaining and like Neil Oliver's history documentaries so will give them both a watch I think.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.