Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
As a mod on tattle you often see people throwing a right strop over posts they disagree with and demand it's deleted. While I often don't agree with lots of posts we're not just going to zap someone's opinion unless it's hate speach or something extreme. What would deleting achieve? It's better to actually discuss it.

There's so little tolerance these days and people think anything they don't agree with should be wiped.

Reactions: 18

House of Tea

VIP Member
Re the tweets @bubbadabut has shared above - how is that “hate”? It’s an opinion, which you can agree or disagree with. How on earth can somebody with a modicum of intelligence see that as hate? It is so scary how some people want to stifle debate, or who don’t realise that you are allowed to have a different opinion. They probably see themselves as liberals, but they are coming across as complete fascists.

This was posted on another thread - it is a personal story to the author about what happened to her because of social media but also perfectly articulates how self absorbed some people are on social media, particularly Part 3

oh dear….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Reverend

VIP Member
'Globalist' very much is an antisemitic term. It's based on the idea that 'Jews don't belong anywhere, they just wander the world'. There is a big difference between trade alliances between nations and 'collective governance and control'. The EU nations barely agree on anything - so much for 'collective governance'!

The WEF is just a talking shop for very rich people. I've read the 4th Industrial Revolution and I don't think it's really anything to get worked up about. Most of this WEF stuff is vastly overblown by conspiracy theorists who want to make it out as something much more nefarious than it is. It's really no different to the Illuminati/Rothschild nonsense of old.
My neighbour is Jewish, and I once asked him (in jest) if the Jews really controlled everything in finance. His reply/
'Fuck off, I can't even control my wifes' credit card'.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

TripleC's

Chatty Member
Regardless of how bad the quality , its disturbing to think these sad deranged far left extremists can get advertisers to pull out of a channel that just tells the truth unlike mainstream press like the Auntie Woke channel , im sick of these annoying do gooders ruining the world , there are good campaigns like anti racism etc.. that I will support , but when these idiots move to ban or cancel things just for having a voice then it pisses me off tbh

It's a form of censoring and propaganda , they weirdly claim to be anti fascist, yet all the while seemingly want the world to be run like North Korea where only their bullshit propaganda is shown,
Well shame on the companies pulling their ads their products aren't worth shit, normal people with common sense need to start fighting back against this woke bullshit.
As bad as the production is we need channels like GB News, we need channels that don't mind questioning the narrative of certain things , otherwise we are all targets on far left extremism , which is just as dangerous as the far right , if you have a coin with Hitler on one side you can put Wokism on the other , as they are the opposite sides of the same coin , the coin is called fascism!!!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
Never seen a bigger bunch of knobs on Twitter than the people trying to get this channel shut down when it is pretty even handed!

Reactions: 12

Bubbles Tizzy

I do think that the firms who have pulled their adverts will be hit by the silent majority who disagree with their stance on free speach. I also think that the twitteratti that have got them to pull their adverts are probably children who do not pay any of the bills or buy their products anyway - they all rely on mummy and daddy.

Reactions: 11

House of Tea

VIP Member
The ad boycott points to how intolerant we have become. They haven’t actually done anything yet, but because it has people rattled, instead of letting them be hoisted by their own petard/or thrive, they want to control what viewers can watch. The more they do that, the more people will think, actually there is a need for this news channel.

Reactions: 10
I wanted to be open-minded about GB News but I wasn't impressed at all. Switched on at 8:30 when Andrew Neil was introducing people and their segments and they were making it all sound very good. An interest in trying to get local perspectives, also not being doom and gloom all the time, hosts discussing about the importance of agree to disagree etc. And then they blew it all in the opening of the first proper programme when Dan Wootton went on a tirade about the fact that June 21 isn't likely to happen anymore.

Now I'm not sitting here going I love lockdown, it's more if we fuck up borders, track and trace and literally everything that would avoid a lockdown then a lockdown/restrictions is what we're going to have to have. But it seemed to be an emotion-fuelled rant that would play well to the lockdown conspiracy crowd rather than any reasoned and informed person.

There are massive costs to lockdown, but look at what India went through if you want to have an idea of what letting everything rip looks like.

But why have a considered opinion when you can just play to a certain demographic you know will lap this up.

There was a massive opportunity to have a channel where nuanced, non-partisan, intelligent and civil discussion could occur. Such a thing could have been very beneficial for the country. And there's a reason why things like podcasts do very well - it's nice to listen to hour long conversations between people with different ideas without it descending into screaming matches and toys being thrown out of the pram.

But GB News tonight was basically 'we promise we're not like Fox News, we promise we're not Fox News, we promise we're not Fox News....and now we'd like to welcome you to Fox News'.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
It is quite funny that so many people were hoping and sure that GB News wouldn't last, but now their presenters are winning awards!

IngressUK

VIP Member
The real bigots are those that oppose GB News and want it shut down.

If you don't think views that differ to yours can be heard, you are a bigot.

If you think the world should only be open to left leaning views, you are a bigot.

If you believe that history should be changed to suit today's narrative, you are a bigot.

If you believe that people should be ignored, or 'cancelled' due to holding different views to you, you are a bigot.

End of.

• Heart

plymouthbloke1974

It’s quite simple. Any company who panders to the woke brigade and removes their advertising loses my custom, either planned or current. And I’ll tell them why as well…

Reactions: 9

glasgow27

VIP Member
When you lie with dogs, you catch fleas. Surely they knew this would happen? Because Fox isn't just a loose cannon on air, he is a spiteful person who will really try to twist the knife in if you upset him. I don't think this is his first barbecue.

SupermarketSweep

Oh my goodness Paul Burrell on yesterday, talking about Diana. Dan Wootton calling him "Diana's representative on earth" - the whole thing was surreal - Paul brought campness, as usual - loved every moment. And this morning - Stephen Dixon jokingly calling David Mellor a disgrace and David replying "if I was disgrace, why would I be here?" hahahaa! I find GB news so entertaining. And that Jacob Rees Mogg's reaction to the controlled explosion at Buckingham palace - pure gold. Honestly, it's like 'the day today'.

• Haha

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Campaign group StopFundingHate have been targetting potential advertisers on GB News.
The channel hasn't even started, and it's already being pre-judged, remarkable times we live in.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
In entirely unexpected news, both people who wrote the above tweets to Co-Op have their pronouns in their bio. How do these people get through the day? Constantly being on the lookout for the next outrage or person to cancel must be so tiring 🤔

Last edited:

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I'm female but I do feel that men's mental health doesn't have the recognition in needs in government in view of the high incidence of male suicide.

Now it's all about her and milking the "distress" caused to her by Fox's comments. She loves the attention and will dine out on it for weeks.
100% this, I totally agree. She has said in previous interviews that men are a virus. She is milking this for all its worth. Check out her and Douglas Murray's interview on Talk tv. He had the measure of her then
---
The main reason I won't watch GB News is because of the balance on there. Subjects are raised and then most presenters/guests just agree with each other and they're almost always on the right wing/conservative side.

The worst example has been widely reported - where two sitting Tory MPs interviewed Jeremy Hunt. You couldn't get more biased, it's a massive joke.
I disagree. They always have balance or at least one differing view. On the panel there are always 2 to 1. Infact some of the lefties are so annoying but that's just my opinion.
Whereas on Newsnight there were 4 people with the same view which was to shut down gb news

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

IngressUK

VIP Member
Never seen a bigger bunch of knobs on Twitter than the people trying to get this channel shut down when it is pretty even handed!
This is unfortunately the way things are nowadays.

Anything left of centre is allowed, anything right of centre is automatically 'evil' and must be shut down by any means possible.

The last time I checked free speech did still exist in the U.K.

However if some of the leftist arseholes on social media get their way, it will ceast to exist before long.

veevee04

VIP Member
The attempts to censor by some quarters is really dangerous. Its how radical ideas gain more traction and spread. I don't particularly like Nigel Farage but from what I remember he wanted brexit and is anti unlimited immigration. I'm not sure how that is so evil. The media need to be careful with attempting to censor what are mainstream views. A proper nutter could rise to power because of the authoritarianism.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Andrew's on the warpath this morning, and rightly so. The quote being referred to was an opinion piece to camera by Dan Wootton before introducing his guests to debate and discuss the topic. I can't stand Wootton and he's done despicable things in his career but this wasn't hate. It was clearly an opinion and wasn't being stated as fact. No different to the kind of thing each presenter does on Sky News "The Pledge" when they have a personal (sometimes controversial) point to make, which then gets opened up to the panel.

Attachments

Last edited: