Gary Lineker

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assume the same people annoyed with Gary were also calling for Alan Sugar's sacking from the BBC when he was slagging off Mick Lynch and Jeremy Corbyn? If we have free speech then it should be on both sides.

Gary isn't a journalist or news presenter and has no editorial policy influence at the BBC. He was tweeting from his personal account. We're not living in Russia with state and govt. controlled media.

Reactions: 35
Anyone that does it is gonna be slagged off big time. If I were receiving a phone call from the BBC right now I'd be preparing an excuse like I'm out of the country.

Reactions: 5
Anyone who presents tomorrow is a scab.

Glad to see those standing up to BBC. What Linekar tweeted is absolutely true and as a freelancer he should be allowed to share his opinion on the current state of the shitshow running the country.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Mark Chapman has said no now. I imagine Gabby Logan will already be booked somewhere for the 6 Nations so it’s looking like slim pickings. Maybe it’ll just be clips, with no discussion of them, or a regional presenter that hasn’t done anything prior.

Reactions: 4
My son ( a Tottenham season ticket holder ) and my son-in-law ( a Man U fan ) and his brother ( a Liverpool fan ) are all available tommorow evening!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Vanessa feltz read out her BBC contract today about off air behaviour that brings the BBC into disrepute and thinks Gary's was probably the same:

At 2:35.20

Reactions: 7
i don't think he was disciplined because of his general tweets about refugees, rather that one specific one where he is referencing Nazi Germany.

Reactions: 5
i don't think he was disciplined because of his general tweets about refugees, rather that one specific one where he is referencing Nazi Germany.
Yea I think it’s that reference specifically which has got him to this point.

Jermaine Jenas has also said no now.

Reactions: 3
Well done Garry for standing by your tweet and not being forced to release an apology.
Also well done to the others who have told the BBC to shove it.
At this rate they will be digging up Jimmy Hill in the morning.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I pay his wages I don’t want to know his Opinions unless it’s about football. Wrighty andShearer and the rest of his millionaire buds can duck off as well

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The "he's a freelancer" argument I don't think holds up. Like many people on mega high wages in media he's employed via a limited company to minimise tax.

He has a regular gig there and HMRC are actively pursuing him for £4.9 million as they believe he's an employee evading tax. It's hardly like he works there infrequently and irregularly. He's the highest paid person at the BBC and one of their main faces.

Maybe someone at the BBC was informed he was going to lose his tax case?

Reactions: 11
I pay his wages I don’t want to know his Opinions unless it’s about football. Wrighty andShearer and the rest of his millionaire buds can duck off as well
You personally pay his wages? Wow, you learn something new everyday!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Like many people on mega high wages in media he's employed via a limited company to minimise tax.
To be fair that setup isn't limited (heh) to people on "mega high wages". It's very common in engineering.

Yet this was fine? I'm no Corbyn fan either but there can't be one rule for the left and another for the right.

View attachment 2018970
That wasn't under the current director general, who very recently said how important impartiality was.

Was 5 years ago, I think it would be judged differently these days.