Gary Lineker

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% agree with Gary! I would have gone much further!
The bbc is the government’s mouthpiece.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's certainly a good timing for him to demonstrate that he's not a BBC employee by not having to adhere to their standard and then not pay HMRC the £4.9 million they claim he owes.
Well he's fair game for being to task over that.

But how anyone can have an issue with him being a vocal opponent of the "Stop The Boats" campaign is beyond me.

Reactions: 10
So why shouldn't Gary Lineker be free to express his opinion?
With great power comes great responsibility. Sounds a bit ridiculous in reference to Lineker but I nearly fell off my seat when I heard he had 8 million followers on Twatter! I think my main problem is with Twitter ... it just doesn't seem a healthy way discuss important issues. I wish Gary had written a well-reasoned articulate od-ep piece in The Telegraph or something. I realise that's not how 'things' work these days. I'm really not that bothered ... I still read long-form essays and tit, I need to move with the times and live on soundbites. :rolleyes: Still it's nice to rant and rave here because I know only about 8, not 8 million, people will read it! :ROFLMAO: (Oh and I can't stand Lineker personality wise ... so that clouds my judgement a bit I admit).

Reactions: 9
Dead cat strategy for the Tories.

Why is this top story on BBC news?

If you have more issue with Lineker having an opinion than the government stripping away your human rights, give your head a wobble.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Gary isn’t a BBC employee, he’s a freelancer who also presents (or has done) on ITV and BT Sport as well as for foreign channels. I don’t know why someone who presents football can’t say what he thinks of politics on his own Twitter account, he didn’t add it on the closing sequence of MOTD.
It’s like anyone who says on their Twitter or LinkedIn - opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily of my employee.

Reactions: 17
I hate the stupid facker, so I will automatically agree with anyone who calls The idiot out.

Shut the fack up, Gaz. Why didn’t you say anything about the blood money your stupid greedy multimillionaire mates were taking from Qatar, or all the innocent migrants who died building that stadium. No, kept yer mouth shut, then, dint ya.
Sack him.
1678375734180.png

He had a good go at Qatar just before the opening game. So he didn't keep his mouth shut.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Yel

Gary isn’t a BBC employee, he’s a freelancer
Well that's currently going through the courts with HMRC saying he should be classified as an employee for ir35.
---
He had a good go at Qatar just before the opening game. So he didn't keep his mouth shut.
It was very odd with the way they started the coverage with his monologue. He still walked away with 1.6m from the qatari government for doing the work. I wouldn't say he had a good go at them by stating things like homosexually is illegal.

All rather strange. It would have said more refusing to do the work due to ethics.

Reactions: 22
View attachment 2016016

I appreciate you posting that, thank you. He did have a (written and signed off by a BBC copywriter from the legal department) speech prepared, you're quite right.

He’s a tawdry and disingenuous, not to mention unbearable, bastard. Don’t think for one minute he isn’t being used and abused by the Beeb to follow whatever protocol and agenda they’re using him as a scapegoat for...anyone hiding tax money is the first clue they’re an absolute fucker.

And HIS TAX MONEY is what would have paid for these (economic) migrants to be fed clothed and water 3 times a day in a luxury hotel while veteran Brits starve in the streets. So you can clearly see it’s do what I say not do what I do, the hypocrite. YOU plebs pay for these migrants thank you very much, HE’LL leave his millions in his offshore account.

So he allegedly takes migrants into his home did he? Virtue signalling at it’s most pathetic,Did he take in any homeless when it was Homeless Week? No, because that’s not trendy.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
At least he's taken some of these people into his home.
SNORT, has he? Trust someone‘s word who dodges taxes do ya. Out of all the pertinent points made in that post, that’s the weakest one, Lol. Not your fault, you might not have access to how the wealthy live and operate, so you don’t know. Taxpayers, pleb taxplayers, like the majority of people, not the high net worths who hide all their money in shell corporations or offshore like Linekar, are the ones paying for these Economic Migrants, while struggling with their own bills with no help from the Gov.

Ordinary tax payers who keep insisting on supporting these single, unmarried, fighting age men should accommodate them in their own homes, if they feel so strongly.

I digress. Back to TAX CHEAT and all round hypocritical knob, Linekar. Wonder if he got a nice fat bonus from the Beeb for this latest stunt and question is, if so, did he chuck it in his offshore account too? HMRC, get on that, would ya! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Taxpayers, pleb taxplayers, like the majority of people, not the high net worths who hide all their money in shell corporations or offshore like Linekar, are the ones paying for these Economic Migrants, while struggling with their own bills with no help from the Gov.
Seems like the main issue here is with the government. We also don't get to choose where our tax goes and it's pretty clear that they're not in favour of using it to benefit the less well off and disadvantaged in this country.

Out of interest, have you taken in any homeless people? You clearly feel strongly about that and rightly so.

Reactions: 4
Seems like the main issue here is with the government. We also don't get to choose where our tax goes and it's pretty clear that they're not in favour of using it to benefit the less well off and disadvantaged in this country.

Out of interest, have you taken in any homeless people? You clearly feel strongly about that and rightly so.
If there’s a lesson to be learnt here it’s that the Gov is getting off lightly using Gary as the scapegoat. Again, I’m sure he’s being paid off handsomely for it (Check that Swiss bank account, Taxman.)

Not only does my family help the homeless and veteran army in multitude ways, we also took in a friend of my brother’s who was on the streets (substance and alcohol abuse) and nursed him back to health.

You might want to ask yourself have you taken in any single, unmarried, fighting age migrants come over on dinghys recently? They’d probably refuse, would they not, seeing as Gov is already paying for brand new luxury accommodation with flatscreens, xbox and cooking their meals from scratch using healthy and religiougly aligned ingredients.

And again. Waiting patiently for Gary to post proof he has indeed take in Migrants, cos I’ve seen naught on socials or papers, unless anyone has pic evidence and can post it, and I’m talking about past evidence from when he said It, not some rushed through photo opportunity he’s going to suddenly come up with now he knows people are going to be asking for it.

Reactions: 12
With great power comes great responsibility. Sounds a bit ridiculous in reference to Lineker but I nearly fell off my seat when I heard he had 8 million followers on Twatter! I think my main problem is with Twitter ... it just doesn't seem a healthy way discuss important issues. I wish Gary had written a well-reasoned articulate od-ep piece in The Telegraph or something. I realise that's not how 'things' work these days. I'm really not that bothered ... I still read long-form essays and tit, I need to move with the times and live on soundbites. :rolleyes: Still it's nice to rant and rave here because I know only about 8, not 8 million, people will read it! :ROFLMAO: (Oh and I can't stand Lineker personality wise ... so that clouds my judgement a bit I admit).
Might be a bit difficult to continue promoting Walkers crisps now? When it comes to the crunch?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That speech he did before the opening game was just bull. He still presented the Qatar World Cup coverage and did 4 years of presenting for Al Jazeera earning £1.6 million prior to the World Cup. If he felt so strongly about migrant workers then he could have declined any of those gigs.
He can think what he wants but I don’t think the tax payer should pay for his salary. He also got his minions to send abuse to Nana Akua because she agreed with Priti Patel’s policy. We all have different opinions but clearly Gary doesn’t believe in opinions different to his.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
He was a brilliant Football player and one of the best strikers England have ever produced. I disagree with his 1930s Germany reference, but glad he hasn't been sacked as people shouldn't be threatened with the sack for giving an opinion some of us don't agree with.

Reactions: 4
Well he's fair game for being to task over that.

But how anyone can have an issue with him being a vocal opponent of the "Stop The Boats" campaign is beyond me.
Because it’s way he compared it to nazis a few weeks ago a mp (forget his name) got sacked for saying the vaccines were the worst thing to happen since the Jews got killed in ww2 (and he didn’t say it was as bad as that just the worst thing since then) and lineker is saying this is as bad as Jews getting killed terribly and no one is allowed to sack him

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There's more of an issue re impartiality with regards to the BBC's chairman seeking an £800,000 loan from Boris Johnson, surely?

As far as I'm aware, the impartiality agreement only pertains to presenters on news programmes. Gary presents a sports programme.

Reactions: 14
There's more of an issue re impartiality with regards to the BBC's chairman seeking an £800,000 loan from Boris Johnson, surely?
I guess Lineker's job is to pundit, he's not a current affairs presenter

Reactions: 3