Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PeteM

VIP Member
Why is he a waste of space? Good for him continuing to call out this heinous xenophobic government.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 121

PeteM

VIP Member
Nothing anyone says will change my views of him. He’s supposed to be impartial, or at least keep his opinions to himself as a BBC employee. I used to like him many years ago when he was a footballer. He’s got very bitter in recent years. He says we are taking less migrants than other countries - I say look at the size and population of the UK compared to France, as an example. The infrastructure cannot cope, it’s as simple as that. What is the solution? I don’t know. You cannot blame these people for trying their luck at a better life, but unfortunate we have to leave it to the politicians (it’s their job), much as Gary thinks he knows best.
Leaving things to the politicians in power has really worked out well over the last 13 years in the UK.

The reason why this country's infrastructure is in a bad way isn't down to these people trying to enter the country. The government are pointing the finger at them to cover up their own failings.

I'm pleased to see him speaking up on this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
I hate the stupid facker, so I will automatically agree with anyone who calls The idiot out.

Shut the fack up, Gaz. Why didn’t you say anything about the blood money your stupid greedy multimillionaire mates were taking from Qatar, or all the innocent migrants who died building that stadium. No, kept yer mouth shut, then, dint ya.
Sack him.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Yupitsme!!

I dont think the uk is xenophobic, but it must be a bug bear for migrants from all 4 corners who come here legally on visas l and pay for the privellage tenfold to see illegals sneaking in.for every illegal immagrant that sneaks in, that's an hour longer waiting for a taxpayers service, like an nhs doctor or an nhs hospital. What's wrong with a government putting the hardworking people in this country first for once? Why is it racist to think that? and I don't see celebs most of whom live in the least diverse areas of the uk, they all live in exclusive white only areas but shouting about race and diversity, they are a joke honestly. Some of the nicest people I know are Indian and Filipino.. Well mannered who have come here legally, so why we doing them an injustice?,

• Heart
Reactions: 42

dodgerman

The idea that footballers should not voice an opinion on anything except football is utterly ridiculous. Leaving politics to politicians has obviously not worked out too well so the more people express their opinions and get involved the better.

Having said that, Right Said Fred should stick to singing!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

Salacious

Chatty Member
Dead cat strategy for the Tories.

Why is this top story on BBC news?

If you have more issue with Lineker having an opinion than the government stripping away your human rights, give your head a wobble.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Yel

Chatty Member
Fuck the Tories. Anyone not on Lineker's side is an absolutely wrong 'un.
Not aimed at you per se, just this attitude that's very prevalent.

I find it so corrosive that everything has to be seen so binary, with no shades of grey.

Gary says populist stuff on twitter where talk is cheap, meanwhile he takes millions in pay from awful despotic regimes, has allegedly used a lot of expensive lawyers to maintain his image over the decades and avoids paying tax.

The BBC has had so many scandals, troubling behaviour and regularly fails in its core values.

I struggle to get behind either party.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

queenamber

VIP Member
I assume the same people annoyed with Gary were also calling for Alan Sugar's sacking from the BBC when he was slagging off Mick Lynch and Jeremy Corbyn? If we have free speech then it should be on both sides.

Gary isn't a journalist or news presenter and has no editorial policy influence at the BBC. He was tweeting from his personal account. We're not living in Russia with state and govt. controlled media.

Reactions: 35

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Anyone who presents tomorrow is a scab.

Glad to see those standing up to BBC. What Linekar tweeted is absolutely true and as a freelancer he should be allowed to share his opinion on the current state of the shitshow running the country.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Catfan2

Chatty Member
Nothing anyone says will change my views of him. He’s supposed to be impartial, or at least keep his opinions to himself as a BBC employee. I used to like him many years ago when he was a footballer. He’s got very bitter in recent years. He says we are taking less migrants than other countries - I say look at the size and population of the UK compared to France, as an example. The infrastructure cannot cope, it’s as simple as that. What is the solution? I don’t know. You cannot blame these people for trying their luck at a better life, but unfortunate we have to leave it to the politicians (it’s their job), much as Gary thinks he knows best.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

Jen667

VIP Member
The idea of Gary Lineker taking the moral high ground on anything is amusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

noweverythingsucks

Chatty Member
It is not an opinion and he what he is saying does not hate England (well, from far as I can see from what he has said), what he is saying is a fact. Asylum seekers aren't illegals, the UK government is literally going against international human rights laws. It is a human right for people to seek asylum. The anti-asylum discourse that the government has been using for the last 20 years is literally the same as was being used in Germany in the lead up to the holocaust.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Catfan2

Chatty Member
Apologies if there’s already a thread, but when is this waste of space going to keep his opinions to himself? He needs to be given the elbow from the BBC!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Catfan2

Chatty Member
Why is he a waste of space? Good for him continuing to call out this heinous xenophobic government.
Because he’s a football commentator, not a politician and most people don’t give a fig about his opinion. He should change careers if he thinks he knows best.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Warpaint

VIP Member
It's cool to hate England so he's just jumped on the latest woke bandwagon. Always helps to throw in a Nazi Germany reference for extra spice.

He's an idiot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Whatsitallabouteh

I hate the stupid facker, so I will automatically agree with anyone who calls The idiot out.

Shut the fack up, Gaz. Why didn’t you say anything about the blood money your stupid greedy multimillionaire mates were taking from Qatar, or all the innocent migrants who died building that stadium. No, kept yer mouth shut, then, dint ya.
Sack him.
1678375734180.png

He had a good go at Qatar just before the opening game. So he didn't keep his mouth shut.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Pennypennypenny

VIP Member
I pay his wages I don’t want to know his Opinions unless it’s about football. Wrighty andShearer and the rest of his millionaire buds can fuck off as well

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25