Gary Lineker

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if there’s already a thread, but when is this waste of space going to keep his opinions to himself? He needs to be given the elbow from the BBC!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Why is he a waste of space? Good for him continuing to call out this heinous xenophobic government.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 121
Why is he a waste of space? Good for him continuing to call out this heinous xenophobic government.
Because he’s a football commentator, not a politician and most people don’t give a fig about his opinion. He should change careers if he thinks he knows best.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Yel

I don't think he should be sacked, that would be ridiculous. Although he's massively overpaid for presenting a clips show, anyone could do it and get the same figures.

But the BBC need to be clear what's allowed and what's not.

No need for this "we'll have a word with Gary", just say one way or another if this Godwin's law stuff is acceptable or not.

Reactions: 25
I don't like him but I do agree with him and he was right to speak up.

Reactions: 42
Nothing anyone says will change my views of him. He’s supposed to be impartial, or at least keep his opinions to himself as a BBC employee. I used to like him many years ago when he was a footballer. He’s got very bitter in recent years. He says we are taking less migrants than other countries - I say look at the size and population of the UK compared to France, as an example. The infrastructure cannot cope, it’s as simple as that. What is the solution? I don’t know. You cannot blame these people for trying their luck at a better life, but unfortunate we have to leave it to the politicians (it’s their job), much as Gary thinks he knows best.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
The idea of Gary Lineker taking the moral high ground on anything is amusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Nothing anyone says will change my views of him. He’s supposed to be impartial, or at least keep his opinions to himself as a BBC employee. I used to like him many years ago when he was a footballer. He’s got very bitter in recent years. He says we are taking less migrants than other countries - I say look at the size and population of the UK compared to France, as an example. The infrastructure cannot cope, it’s as simple as that. What is the solution? I don’t know. You cannot blame these people for trying their luck at a better life, but unfortunate we have to leave it to the politicians (it’s their job), much as Gary thinks he knows best.
Leaving things to the politicians in power has really worked out well over the last 13 years in the UK.

The reason why this country's infrastructure is in a bad way isn't down to these people trying to enter the country. The government are pointing the finger at them to cover up their own failings.

I'm pleased to see him speaking up on this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Yel

Vanessa feltz was saying how her BBC contract for radio said she had to be impartial.

I think irrelevant of his view the BBC should just say either way if being political outside of the job is compatible or not.

Reactions: 12
The idea that footballers should not voice an opinion on anything except football is utterly ridiculous. Leaving politics to politicians has obviously not worked out too well so the more people express their opinions and get involved the better.

Having said that, Right Said Fred should stick to singing!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Leaving things to the politicians in power has really worked out well over the last 13 years in the UK.

The reason why this country's infrastructure is in a bad way isn't down to these people trying to enter the country. The government are pointing the finger at them to cover up their own failings.

I'm pleased to see him speaking up on this.
I agree with you, it doesn’t matter which party is in power though, I don’t believe there would have been/will be a different outcome. Economic migrants are a world wide problem and I can’t see a solution. However I resent the implication that this country is racist. It absolutely is not for the most part, which is probably why so many people attempt to enter.
---
The idea that footballers should not voice an opinion on anything except football is utterly ridiculous. Leaving politics to politicians has obviously not worked out too well so the more people express their opinions and get involved the better.

It would get a bit crowded if all the other ‘celebrities’ started wading in. He seems to have an opinion on absolutely everything and it’s a bit arrogant to assume everyone is interested in his rants.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

They're too sexy for a opinion, too sexy it hurts. 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I hate the stupid facker, so I will automatically agree with anyone who calls The idiot out.

Shut the fack up, Gaz. Why didn’t you say anything about the blood money your stupid greedy multimillionaire mates were taking from Qatar, or all the innocent migrants who died building that stadium. No, kept yer mouth shut, then, dint ya.
Sack him.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I dont think the uk is xenophobic, but it must be a bug bear for migrants from all 4 corners who come here legally on visas l and pay for the privellage tenfold to see illegals sneaking in.for every illegal immagrant that sneaks in, that's an hour longer waiting for a taxpayers service, like an nhs doctor or an nhs hospital. What's wrong with a government putting the hardworking people in this country first for once? Why is it racist to think that? and I don't see celebs most of whom live in the least diverse areas of the uk, they all live in exclusive white only areas but shouting about race and diversity, they are a joke honestly. Some of the nicest people I know are Indian and Filipino.. Well mannered who have come here legally, so why we doing them an injustice?,

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Turns out old jug ears tweet was too take the heat of his tax evasion court case which is ongoing.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Yel

It's certainly a good timing for him to demonstrate that he's not a BBC employee by not having to adhere to their standards and then not pay HMRC the £4.9 million they claim he owes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22