Garrihy Sisters #7 One bought a house & another stole some poems, middle chick is sick hubby is unknown.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they’d replace her with lottie ryan
I’m fully aware that this is not a popular opinion but I used to like Lottie Ryan when she’d fill in for someone on breakfast republic back in the day. I found their 3 voices a bit much at times (though much preferred them to the current clowns!). I just thought when she was on, she’d keep it a little more structured.. and I thought at the time she was quite professional. I had zero clue she was related to Jerry Ryan. I knew nothing at all about her except she had an Italian husband like Jen cos she mentioned him a bit! Her current role is reading out whatever is on daily Mail/entertainment news on a given day. Hard to shine with that really.

Ideally we should be seeing new ppl come through from media colleges etc but we all know it’s all about who has the biggest Instagram following. It’s sad really. Would Larry Gogan, Gay Byrne, Dave Fanning, Marian Finucane etc have been insta famous back in the day pre their radio shows ? Would they have generated a large fan base through social media at all? I doubt it. Yet they were huge for RTE. Their popularity was based on ppl thinking they were genuine, they cared about their listeners and the music/show content etc. It’s all about looks, filters, smoke and mirrors nowadays. Our kids will have such rubbish role models (radio/tv wise)if this is how media continues to recruit.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The Garrihys are nothing more that instabums. None of them is particularly talented and they all ride each other’s coattails. If Instagram didn’t exist, neither would the Garrihy sisters.

Reactions: 28
All the old radio legends worked their way up through the radio ranks. Started in supporting roles, doing the research or little tidbits reports out and about. They knew how the tech worked and were Masters of their craft.
G3 is a well connected face who got lucky. I do think she will go far though on profile alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All the old radio legends worked their way up through the radio ranks. Started in supporting roles, doing the research or little tidbits reports out and about. They knew how the tech worked and were Masters of their craft.
G3 is a well connected face who got lucky. I do think she will go far though on profile alone.
The problem though sometimes is a particular ‘face’ becomes overexposed. You get sick looking at them and switch off.

Reactions: 5
Louis Walsh is saying she should go to the UK based on how popular his episode was. Louis my love, we all listened cuz you were spilling X Factor tea. Not to discredit her, the pod is great but she is a very lucky big fish in a small pond here.
Where did Louis say this?

The problem though sometimes is a particular ‘face’ becomes overexposed. You get sick looking at them and switch off.
Sick looking at her already but yes this is what will happen to her at RTE too if she stays there, same old story of Carrie Crowley, the Seoige sisters etc. they were everywhere and then they were gone without a trace.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sick looking at her already but yes this is what will happen to her at RTE too if she stays there, same old story of Carrie Crowley, the Seoige sisters etc. they were everywhere and then they were gone without a trace.
I forgot about Carrie Crowley actually. I have fond memories of her, like a statuesque Celtic medusa. We need Carrie back!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I forgot about Carrie Crowley actually. I have fond memories of her, like a statuesque Celtic medusa. We need Carrie back!
Is Carrie still festering away on Fair crappy?
Such a waste of a decent presenter!

Reactions: 2
You articulated this so well.. but yes.. this is exactly what I was trying to say. I think Doireann probably would have been a good comedian actually. I feel like entertainment is probably right for her but where she is, she’s faking it/forcing it. She said herself she always wanted to be on tv. But I believe her sister told her she had a face for radio (joke!!! I always say I have zero issue with their looks. Just find them so annoying! D1 did tell her to do Radio though 📻 )

Reactions: 2
You articulated this so well.. but yes.. this is exactly what I was trying to say. I think Doireann probably would have been a good comedian actually. I feel like entertainment is probably right for her but where she is, she’s faking it/forcing it. She said herself she always wanted to be on tv. But I believe her sister told her she had a face for radio (joke!!! I always say I have zero issue with their looks. Just find them so annoying! D1 did tell her to do Radio though 📻 )
She wouldn't make it as a comedian because despite what she thinks she is not naturally funny. She performs the same shtick which may have been amusing originally but has now been done to death

Reactions: 15
She wouldn't make it as a comedian because despite what she thinks she is not naturally funny. She performs the same shtick which may have been amusing originally but has now been done to death
And if someone from the audience shouted anything at her she'd throw some hissy fit

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I dont listen to the pod but what I've seen on clips from it, and on the restaurant, she makes the most bizarre faces. Not funny, actually alarming.

Reactions: 8
Hang on a second now my lovelies,
G1 was a professional actor. Chose to retire early to raise a family, could well tread the boards again or a TV drama series or a movie. Might have married a fellow thespian/ poet and stayed closer to the Industry/ arts scene. The Sybil Fawlty role with wooly jumpers on the side seems like an odd destination at only 35. Wasting her talent. Could she have been an Irish Emma Stone or Margot Robbie?

G2 is a private citizen, regrettably companies pay her to promote their goods and services. She has become a Frankensteins Monster ( i.e fabricated) influencer. I do not read her posts and would avoid any brand that have her as an ambassador. Very commercial driven. €€.

G3, hmmm, with all the feedback here I am reevaluating her place in the pantheon of current stars. I’d hope to see less of the ‘yeehaw partner…’ back slapping ‘G’wan out of that…’ . It’s possible the 2 Co-hosts are a very bad influence. Braying like donkeys at 0700 is quite wearing, odd too as all 3 are educated and have above average IQs.
Could possibly reinvent into a Kylie Minogue type figure - become The nations sweetheart and later a treasure. Without an album deal that will be a bit tough, I believe she can sing like an angel.

Someone above said it well, become a comedian. Pat Kielty, Des Bishop, Dylan Moran……Jo Brand …..Billy Connolly - all have a streak of all genius.
Also as others have said becoming the very person she was parodying in the Doireann Project was pretty awful.

Does she have the wit to become a top comic?, it takes graft. I hope so. X x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hang on a second now my lovelies,
G1 was a professional actor. Chose to retire early to raise a family, could well tread the boards again or a TV drama series or a movie. Might have married a fellow thespian/ poet and stayed closer to the Industry/ arts scene. The Sybil Fawlty role with wooly jumpers on the side seems like an odd destination at only 35. Wasting her talent. Could she have been an Irish Emma Stone or Margot Robbie?

G2 is a private citizen, regrettably companies pay her to promote their goods and services. She has become a Frankensteins Monster ( i.e fabricated) influencer. I do not read her posts and would avoid any brand that have her as an ambassador. Very commercial driven. €€.

G3, hmmm, with all the feedback here I am reevaluating her place in the pantheon of current stars. I’d hope to see less of the ‘yeehaw partner…’ back slapping ‘G’wan out of that…’ . It’s possible the 2 Co-hosts are a very bad influence. Braying like donkeys at 0700 is quite wearing, odd too as all 3 are educated and have above average IQs.
Could possibly reinvent into a Kylie Minogue type figure - become The nations sweetheart and later a treasure. Without an album deal that will be a bit tough, I believe she can sing like an angel.

Someone above said it well, become a comedian. Pat Kielty, Des Bishop, Dylan Moran……Jo Brand …..Billy Connolly - all have a streak of all genius.
Also as others have said becoming the very person she was parodying in the Doireann Project was pretty awful.

Does she have the wit to become a top comic?, it takes graft. I hope so. X x
😂 Ella, love reading your posts but I hope you’re sitting down. G3 got into radio because she started riding a station manager. It had others who tried to graft fuming that she got to skip the donkey work.

It wasn’t down to her raw talent and natural comedic gift. Or her Kylie Minogue voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.