Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sure that a brand would allow you to push forward content by a day in such extreme circumstances. It hardly does their brand any favour to watch someone go from a vigil for a woman murdered in broad daylight and the sense of outrage and fear we all feel as women to then smiling and reviewing a plant based burger. It just doesn’t make sense. It has damaged both her reputation and the reputation of the brand. I have unfollowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Aoibheans posts today were dignified and respectful, she needs to pull the younger sisters into line.

Reactions: 3
And I’m sure they’ll all be reading here tonight and tomorrow because they can’t help themselves, is the irony not lost on them - this week in particular- that women should not be told how to feel and respond, by men OR women. It’s insulting. Arrogant shower of shites. The same women championing other women spend half their time selling other women expensive tit they don’t need for their own gain 🤷🏻‍♀️😭
I hope we’re close to the end of influencers.

Reactions: 12
Doireann's story this evening - panned shot of the vigil outside the Dail, then immediately into an ad for McDonald's on this "fabulous Friday evening"

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Doireann works for RTE. This was a huge mistake. Deleting and blocking is just unacceptable. Is she a radio presenter or an influencer? Influencers have no issue with preaching to us about the rights and wrongs of what suits them but when the coin is flipped they block? We are influencing her tonight and saying your actions were wrong. I hope her employers at RTE speak to her about this. On this fabulous Friday? No words

• Sad
Reactions: 14
The same one is so quick to through Caroline flack into an argument is so quick to post a tone deaf advert for vegan McDonald’s

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Here you go
crikey.. she seems to have missed the whole point. I came from a similar bit less affluent background to her and her sisters. I went to work and immediately realised how lucky I was for the opportunities I got in my own home that others don’t get. We had our own issues but I had a warm dinner every night, lunch for school and parents who helped with homework etc.Not everyone gets that. My friends from from various different backgrounds and it’s an eye opener that life isn’t easy for so many. I’ve had my own challenges too for different reasons. But ultimately being open to having friends from various backgrounds both at home and abroad is one of the best ways to educate yourself, appreciate your opportunities etc.

To me, her post was tone deaf. It seemed like it was written a sympathetic 22 yr old. Not late 20s presenter with some idea about how it all works. We are the accident of our own birth place.

some of the nicest, most hard working people I know came from poverty and worked damn hard as soon as they were in the position to. My friends feel their accents hold them back. Whereas I never had to think like that.

maybe I’m detailing a bit but Doireann does seem genuinely ignorant of what an idyllic upbringing she had if podcasts are to be believed. If only every child got similar ❤

It's an old tradition. Why doesn't the man take the woman's name? It stems from a time when it solidified a man's ownership over his wife. My child has a double barrell name 😊 I'm sure that would annoy some people but it works for us.
In lots of of cultures the men do take the wife’s name. In Spain for example and lots of younger, forward thinking couples do it too here these days.

I took my husbands name. It’s an administrative pain in the bum. Would I do it again? Yeah. I want the same surname as my kid. Double barrel isn’t for us and our names don’t gel. I didn’t ask him to take our name. I was happy to take his.

Like most things in life, it comes down to personal choice. And like most things, everyone has their own opinion. We wouldn’t all be here on tattle if we all thought the same way 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve never followed her because I never found her likeable but saw her mentioned on another thread and went to look. Omg what she did was disgusting. So many Instagram cretins have shown their true colours this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We need to start calling these people Online Sales reps instead of influencers. I would ask that we all start using this language, the verbal gymnastics they use to avoid the word ‘selling’ is just beyond now. We hear of ‘teaming up with’ and ‘partnering’ and ‘I’ve just been using this product lately and I’m obsessed’. You’re an online sales rep, call it what it is and you’d earn more respect and there’d be clearer boundaries on your platforms. Every sales pitch should have to have one slide saying ‘The following stories are an ad for X brand’……

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I don't understand how she thought this was a good idea. Surely you would think I know this is planned for Friday but in light of what happened and her using her platform to post about Ashling you would think she would think 'nah not the right time'. But no. Other 'influencers' rescheduled or postponed Ads etc. She could have too. She pontificates to all her followers about being kind but that girl never actually does it herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Besides regular TV or media ads why do McDonalds even need huns to advertise. I've yet to pass one without a queue

Reactions: 20
I don't understand how she thought this was a good idea. Surely you would think I know this is planned for Friday but in light of what happened and her using her platform to post about Ashling you would think she would think 'nah not the right time'. But no. Other 'influencers' rescheduled or postponed Ads etc. She could have too. She pontificates to all her followers about being kind but that girl never actually does it herself.

And you know what, even if she posted the ad last night "as required" with almost a curve of extra snaps from sad to less sad to not sad to happy following the vigil snaps, the "Hi I'm going to McDonald's on this FABULOUS FRIDAY EVENING" wouldn't have been so distasteful.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
A lot of people had posted very valid comments under the post, asking if she felt it was appropriate following her showing pictures of the vigil for Ashling. They were respectful and polite and not to troll in any way. If she really had to do her McDonalds ad last night, she shouldn’t have posted pictures of the vigil. Simple as that. Surely she must have known how jarring it would be to show a solemn and respectful vigil for a woman who was viciously murdered this week and follow it with light hearted banter about going to McDonalds.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Guys thank god for Muireann telling us all what to do! Phew, just unfollow guys.

Doreen has let herself down with a bang here. Wowee indeed!! Can momager Claire Jenner get her little doteen out of this dilly of a pickle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I just had a look. There is now only one comment on the post, some describing the mcplants as 'unreal'...😒

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.