Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m making an effort to unfollow influencers who didn’t post to even acknowledge Aisling’s murder, especially men to be honest as I really think they need to be speaking up. I wasn’t on Instagram much the last few days so may have missed it but I didn’t see anything from Brian O’Driscoll, Donal Skeahan or however you spell his name or Brian Dowling’s husband Arthur. Does anyone know if these men posted anything? Sorry for going off topic. Thanks.

Reactions: 8
Even Terrie McEvoy, whose page is basically a QVC channel, said it ‘doesn’t feel natural to come on and talk about other things at the minute” so if she can do it, Doireann can.

Reactions: 13
My initial comment has now been deleted. Did style swoon delete her comments? Think I'm blocked so can't see

Reactions: 1
I’m making an effort to unfollow influencers who didn’t post to even acknowledge Aisling’s murder, especially men to be honest as I really think they need to be speaking up. I wasn’t on Instagram much the last few days so may have missed it but I didn’t see anything from Brian O’Driscoll, Donal Skeahan or however you spell his name or Brian Dowling’s husband Arthur. Does anyone know if these men posted anything? Sorry for going off topic. Thanks.
I totally get what you mean but I would nearly rather them stay silent on the matter now because it’s a disgrace the way this tragedy has been hijacked by these fuckers to make it about themselves 😭

Reactions: 25
I totally get what you mean but I would nearly rather them stay silent on the matter now because it’s a disgrace the way this tragedy has been hijacked by these fuckers to make it about themselves 😭
I agree , they'd be better not to mention it at all, rather than the disrespectful way they have behaved on their platforms.
However , there have been many women murdered in Ireland, in all sorts of circumstances. All lives are equally valuable, regardless of the circumstances of the murder. They are all tragic. .
One could argue if you expect Male insta men to mention this murder, they should mention all murders of women, such as the poor Brazilian woman murdered in her flat in the autumn. .

Reactions: 13
I agree , they'd be better not to mention it at all, rather than the disrespectful way they have behaved on their platforms.
However , there have been many women murdered in Ireland, in all sorts of circumstances. All lives are equally valuable, regardless of the circumstances of the murder. They are all tragic. .
One could argue if you expect Male insta men to mention this murder, they should mention all murders of women, such as the poor Brazilian woman murdered in her flat in the autumn. .
I do to be honest, I think it’s time to expect men with a profile to speak up against violence against women so yeah I expect them to post something to acknowledge and show their outrage if they are outraged. And if they’re not outraged I won’t be following them anymore. That’s my opinion personally.

Reactions: 5
You’re bang on-I noticed all of the listed above made 0 reference to it. Fair play to Carl mullin who was very respectful and sympathetic whilst also saying this violence towards women has to stop

Reactions: 9
I do to be honest, I think it’s time to expect men with a profile to speak up against violence against women so yeah I expect them to post something to acknowledge and show their outrage if they are outraged. And if they’re not outraged I won’t be following them anymore. That’s my opinion personally.

I think a lot of them are under contractual obligations to NOT mention current events on their social media - it makes sense for the likes of Skehan and O'Driscoll who you mentioned who, unlike most of the instahuns that have been flat out sharing, actually work and have jobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You’re bang on-I noticed all of the listed above made 0 reference to it. Fair play to Carl mullin who was very respectful and sympathetic whilst also saying this violence towards women has to stop
Really like Carl... hoping he doesn't go down the insta headwrecking route... he's the only person on insta I like now

Reactions: 1
I think a lot of them are under contractual obligations to NOT mention current events on their social media - it makes sense for the likes of Skehan and O'Driscoll who you mentioned who, unlike most of the instahuns that have been flat out sharing, actually work and have jobs.
That may well be true, I’d have to wonder if it’d be as far reaching as preventing resharing details of vigils or some kind of informative post, anything at all. They all post lots of non work related stuff. BOD posting his banana bread and his BBQs, I’d find it hard to believe they couldn’t have posted anything at all. I’m going to vote with the unfollow button anyway whatever their reasons.

Reactions: 3
Really like Carl... hoping he doesn't go down the insta headwrecking route... he's the only person on insta I like now
Yeah he’s a breath of fresh air, hope too that he stays real

That may well be true, I’d have to wonder if it’d be as far reaching as preventing resharing details of vigils or some kind of informative post, anything at all. They all post lots of non work related stuff. BOD posting his banana bread and his BBQs, I’d find it hard to believe they couldn’t have posted anything at all. I’m going to vote with the unfollow button anyway whatever their reasons.
Particularly disappointed in brian dowling, thought this post was very poignant from someone from the gay community….sorry for going off topic. I’ll leave it there.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Sorry no, it’s tragic that she died and that women feel unsafe in Ireland. But everyone does not need to be posting about it. It’s all over the news and everywhere on everyone’s social media. Unless your psychotic you are saddened and disturbed by what happened.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Sorry no, it’s tragic that she died and that women feel unsafe in Ireland. But everyone does not need to be posting about it. It’s all over the news and everywhere on everyone’s social media. Unless your psychotic you are saddened and disturbed by what happened.
A mother of 5 was murdered in her own home on Christmas Eve. Were any of the influencers posting about her? She was in her own home and wasn't safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If we want change then yeah people need to be speaking about it that includes people with profiles.

If we want change then yeah people need to be speaking about it that includes people with profiles.
Someone who murders a woman is not in their right mind. A man is hardly going to be like “oh Doireann Garrihy tweeted that I shouldn’t murder women so I should stop” Well done everyone with all your tweets! The women of Ireland are safe!!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Someone who murders a woman is not in their right mind. A man is hardly going to be like “oh Doireann Garrihy tweeted that I shouldn’t murder women so I should stop” Well done everyone with all your tweets! The women of Ireland are safe!!
We’ll continue saying nothing cos that’s working really well. There needs to be public pressure for change. Change to bail laws, change to sentencing, change in people’s attitudes of turning a blind eye to domestic abuse. I didn’t even hear of the Christmas Eve case mentioned above. Why no public outcry? Cos people turn a blind eye to it when it doesn’t affect them. Same here with men not acknowledging the events of the week.

Reactions: 4
I don't think anyone is turning a blind eye to it but Brian O' Driscoll putting a post up or tweeting about it isn't going to make a man who has evil dark thoughts go "oh I see Brian O' Driscoll thinks I shouldn't do it so I wont"
Change isn't going to come about because some well known figures use it for content.
Judges need to look at the length of sentences given and why so many chances given to offenders. The judicial system needs to be stronger in its sentences and also due to too many negative experiences personally through my work male members of other nationalitys and cultures who are aggressive and forceful and have no respect for a woman's personal space and boundaries in a social or work setting I think immigration and the background and cultures these people are coming from needs to be looked at and if necessary refused entry after interviews or educated to be shown it is NEVER ok to be forceful or aggressive to women.

Reactions: 6
I don't think anyone is turning a blind eye to it but Brian O' Driscoll putting a post up or tweeting about it isn't going to make a man who has evil dark thoughts go "oh I see Brian O' Driscoll thinks I shouldn't do it so I wont"
Change isn't going to come about because some well known figures use it for content.
Judges need to look at the length of sentences given and why so many chances given to offenders. The judicial system needs to be stronger in its sentences and also due to too many ex
Change isn’t going to come from nowhere. It’s not about Brian O’Driscoll, it’s about us all. I’m not going to continue dragging this tread off topic so I won’t post again on it. We can all decide for ourselves what standards we’re going to hold the people we follow to.

Reactions: 6
We’ll continue saying nothing cos that’s working really well. There needs to be public pressure for change. Change to bail laws, change to sentencing, change in people’s attitudes of turning a blind eye to domestic abuse. I didn’t even hear of the Christmas Eve case mentioned above. Why no public outcry? Cos people turn a blind eye to it when it doesn’t affect them. Same here with men not acknowledging the events of the week.
It was pretty hard to turn a blind eye to the murder on Xmas eve - it was all over the media including details of her young children present.
People can be saddened and angry but have the right to do it privately

• Heart
It was pretty hard to turn a blind eye to the murder on Xmas eve - it was all over the media including details of her young children present.
People can be saddened and angry but have the right to do it privately
Genuinely did not hear of it. Didn’t see or hear any news Xmas day which wouldn’t be unusual for us not to tune in that day and I didn’t see it anywhere in the days after. Being saddened privately won’t bring about change unfortunately.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.