Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Turmeric123

VIP Member
Oh my god.

I know what happened over the last couple of days has truly exposed the fake sincerity around pretending to care about important issues and straight into ads for consumerist bullshit, Doireanns insta this evening is an absolute disgrace and I'm genuinely angry over it.

Few snaps from the vigil which was very quiet then the IMMEDIATE snap after that is "Hello! I'm going to McDonald's to try their new McPlant!"

Its so fucking disgusting. I'm actually enraged. Is she for real?? Literally no buffer whatsoever between the vigil and the ad.
I've just seen it and could not believe it- her acting the gobshite after her previous stories at the vigil I would say its shocking but its true to form for her she all about herself and how funny and brilliant she is 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 22

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
Style Swoon doing a full on rim job to Doireann for attention, talking about abuse? Nobody has abused anyone. You’re selling to us, you’re hoping we buy based on your ads therefore you’re inviting commentary. You’ve decided to sell for a living so that comes with consequences and it won’t always be an arse licking echo chamber, harsh lesson. Hope the burger was nice.

• Heart

Jellybb

VIP Member
It pisses me off big time... its to try silence opinions... wish they would stop using the death of that woman for their own narrative ffs
They all seem
To pull the Caroline flack card so they won’t be held accountable for their shitty behaviour 🙄I don’t mean to sound cruel but it’s like she is the patron saint of these fuckers

• Heart

Squeezyscoob

A girl in my job compared Doireann to Sid from Ice Age when she does that weird look sidewards country accent thing and now I can’t unsee it

• Haha
The amount of Charlotte Tilbury stuff that Doireann has just been gifted: I mean Why?
I added up the amount for what she pulled out of the bag and it came to €540 and there were still some small items in the bottom of the bag. It’s actually disgusting. Yeah I know she didn’t ask for it, but it’s still repulsive to send all that stuff to one person who you have already sent several gifts of make up to throughout the year.
I for sure won’t ever be buying that brand again: I’m beyond sickened by all this Instahun shite.

• Wow
  • Heart

boarddotie

VIP Member
Just coming on to say the same. I think for those of us that the killing hit hard on it wouldn't even enter our heads to post anything happy clappy. We just are not in the mood!
The fact all the huns can go from vigil or remembrance posts straight into dinner posts or selling crap means they are not feeling down about this tragedy at all. It is all performance!

• Heart
  • Sad

Zigandzagger

So I listened to 2fm this morning against my better judgement. I like Donncha so said I’d give the Doireann show (&2) a chance….

Maybe I picked the wrong day but it started with talk about faeces thanks to Karl. Not a bit funny and inappropriate for breakfast time listening I think.

This was followed by a heartwarming story by Donncha about a father being reunited with his son after 25 years after he was abducted. It was interrupted by Doireann loudly singing over what Donncha was saying.

Maybe I’m old or cranky or whatever but it wasn’t enjoyable listening. Too many voices. Too much fake merriment particularly from Doireann. And I thought disrespected not to listen to Donncha’s poignant story.

I’m sure Doireann is a nice person in her own circle of friends and family. However, I feel she rose to the top top fast and believes her own hype. Humour is great when you get the timing right and in the past (a year ago plus) she made me laugh out loud at one or two of her podcasts. But I think she needs to let the other presenters talk and shine. Particularly regarding a more sensitive subject like abduction. I was so interested in the story but switched off altogether once she burst into song.

Rant over… sorry to vent…

Madscone

VIP Member
If your mammy can't be a mammy over Christmas then when can she be?! Leave them at it! I know my mam would have done the same!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

Insta27

Oh god spare us the Insufferable smug stories now that doireann is Christmas cover girl on stellar. She was on the front of it about 3 issues/months ago with a 5 page spread, most of which she talked about her dog and podcast. What else could she possibly have to say. 😴😴😴
No doubt Carl will have a screechy cringy not funny sing song dedicated to the Cover Girl on the Breakfast Show yet again like a few months back. with Donnacha laughing and clapping and awkwardly knocking the head set off himself and Doireann roaring in harmony just to be heard. Instant migraine trigger.

• Haha
  • Sick

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
Ah here, she simply tested positive (along with half the rest of the country lately), she obviously wasn’t at death’s door. This constant covid policing is over the top at this stage, especially when even the gov can’t make up their minds on the so-called ‘rules’?

This thread is as bad as Pippas thread for the lick arsing. There's no way she only tested positive just before she arrived in doolin. No way. She just headed off anyway from Dublin after she tested positive . She's only 8 days out, all over the kids and in her parents house, she should have left it another day or 2. All that was bothering her was the missed insta opportunities to show how amazing a sister and auntie doireann is. Ughhhh... The melt.

• Heart

Lucylululu

I just find it so wasteful to dress them the same. They’re all so close in age and the new baby especially could be wearing the older sisters’ baby clothes but no, Aoibhin has to buy brand new matching clothes for all three because it pleases her eyes 🙄

littlebananafairy

I’d love to know where we got the idea that breakfast shows have to be all wacky and zany. Although Ian Dempseys fake laugh does my head in, at least the show is easy to listen to and there’s a balance of music and chat.

Cant-be-arsed

Oh my god I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that thought the protest was so stupid. 😂
You are certainly not. I would have to agree with you! Rte had to limit their comments on it because they got such a slating over it. I thought it in extremely poor taste that the cabinet spent so much time on what’s essentially a social event rather than trying to sort out the shit show that is the restrictions in maternity hospitals or the fact that medical treatments are cancelled in some units in Limerick for the third week in a row. It’s an absolute disgrace that the number of wedding guests or how many people can sit at a table in a pub is more important than either of the above and so much more. Weddings aren’t life or death.

I couldn't care less whether she climbs Everest while pregnant or stays in bed all day, she is the biggest dose going bar her middle sister who appears to have nothing to do bar obsess about a wedding that was 2 bloody years ago.

• Haha
I hope for her own sake she issues some sort of apology, I would have a lot more respect for her if she has the awareness to state what she did was insensitive and she is sorry for that. I reckon her pride will stop her from doing that though as she seems to feel she’s entitled to make a living from these endorsements on top of her radio gig, which is obviously she, but if you are doing these PR deals and working in the public ‘influencing’ people then a large part of that is being skilled enough in reading the room and being adjusted enough to be held accountable when people call you out for being unethical and own up to it and attempt to undo the wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Lucylululu

Genuinely surprised there’s so many people at that. €100 a ticket, can think of a million other things I’d spend that money on

Lucylululu

It would have been cheaper in their time there .. it’s a very cheap school in comparison to others .. and it would have been 65k or so .. 4500 per year is a months salary.. really not that much

s
I wish my monthly salary was €4500…

• Haha