Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weird how she doesn’t consider ripping the piss out of people’s voices trolling, but strangely took offence to someone messaging her something daft about the recipe that time

Reactions: 13
If there was ever a case of someone not being able to take a dose of their own medicine, it’s her.

Reactions: 20
Would be funny if someone did a sketch on the poetry reading voice the sister has

• Haha
Reactions: 17
IDonnacha then seems really nervous and any of the videos on 2FM Insta he's just laughing and clapping like a child, really doesn't bring much to the party in terms of presenting.
This. While that skit was good from a voice perspective if wasn't that funny (but excellent voices I must say). He is trying too hard to make out everything is gas craic. Good subtle humor is not one that gets that overblown response. and it is a shame as he was decent as the happy go lucky Cork dad when he was just a contributor to RTE Radio shows in the past.

Reactions: 7
Would be funny if someone did a sketch on the poetry reading voice the sister has
Dyou remember when she wrote a poem as a tribute to her grandfather when he passed away and it was lovely and all but then there was a bit about a bull genuflecting in a field as the hearse drove by 😳😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Dyou remember when she wrote a poem as a tribute to her grandfather when he passed away and it was lovely and all but then there was a bit about a bull genuflecting in a field as the hearse drove by 😳😬
No way,jesus they seriously have notions, They think they have literally done the world a huge favour by being born. Like duck off, the 3 of them are chancers and 3 snobs above their station.

• Heart
No way,jesus they seriously have notions, They think they have literally done the world a huge favour by being born. Like duck off, the 3 of them are chancers and 3 snobs above their station.
I swear I'm not making it up 🤣
I cried laughing when I heard it, then I felt like a witch for laughing, and them I got over the shame and laughed some more 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I swear I'm not making it up 🤣
I cried laughing when I heard it, then I felt like a witch for laughing, and them I got over the shame and laughed some more 💀
I can actually picture her saying it, I have to laugh at the notions of them, clean living wholesome mother nature's meanwhile doireann is a big sneer too fond of the wine and is everything she takes the piss out of.

Reactions: 11
I'm considering untuing 2FM in my car in case I accidently switch over to The Breaksfast Show in the mornings, it's so bad and I hate the mornings without all the cringe and stupid talk. Doireann with the fake laugh and fake accent screaming the studio down, Donnacha then seems really nervous and any of the videos on 2FM Insta he's just laughing and clapping like a child, really doesn't bring much to the party in terms of presenting. I used to like Carl but I think he's trying a bit too hard especially on his Insta. Doireann's take on influeners is ironic when herself her mother and sisters are doses.
I couldn’t agree more. My husband keeps telling me I’m not their target market. Apparently they want 20yr olds listening. I should be listening to Radio 1 👎👎

I used to love Donnacha on Ireland’s fittest family but any time I accidentally listen (and it’s rare), it’s the Doireann show with the other two laughing away. I do think 2FM has gone rubbish in general.. since they pushed Larry Gogan over to RTÉ Gold to make room for the ex Spin kids

It probably sounds petty but Ailbhe’s blue tick on insta makes me laugh. I thought that was supposed to be for Hollywood a listers. I think it’s crazy Doireann has one and Love Island ppl but Ailbhe… really?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Totally agree re radio, since we are back in office part time, I count on the radio from 7-8am for my commute. I’ve taken to just listening to podcasts instead even though I don’t get some of the ones people rave about - any morning I’ve listened to the 3, I have to turn it off it’s like a group of 6th class girls at a sleep over and 10 of them sharing one bottle of Smirnoff ice

• Haha
Totally agree re radio, since we are back in office part time, I count on the radio from 7-8am for my commute. I’ve taken to just listening to podcasts instead even though I don’t get some of the ones people rave about - any morning I’ve listened to the 3, I have to turn it off it’s like a group of 6th class girls at a sleep over and 10 of them sharing one bottle of Smirnoff ice
It's absolute shite I can't hack listening to them. When the new crew with doireann was announced I said right I will tune in, its painful. Just painful. All shouting over each other, doireann being the loudest of course. Her impressions of maura higgins are old and stale now, yet the other 2 sit laughing hysterically and clapping🙄. And don't start me on #tobleronegate. That was embarrassing and in true doireann style, will drag it up and rehash it at any given opportunity

Reactions: 18
From 2fm point of view, I get why pushing doireann out because eoghan was gone might have seemed a bit unfair but Jesus this trio are all so busy being besties it’s shite to listen to. I would rather have Joe Duffys misery show on for my drive to work!!

• Haha
This. While that skit was good from a voice perspective if wasn't that funny (but excellent voices I must say). He is trying too hard to make out everything is gas craic. Good subtle humor is not one that gets that overblown response. and it is a shame as he was decent as the happy go lucky Cork dad when he was just a contributor to RTE Radio shows in the past.
It might at most have raised a smile but him looking like he was pissing himself laughing the whole way through was overkill.

Reactions: 3
I’ve taken to listening to the 2fm request show when I’m driving back to the city on a Sunday night from home. When I get in the car on a Monday morning to drive to work with it still on 2fm and hear them caterwauling it’s switched over within 2 seconds. Can’t be dealing with that first thing.

Monday mornings the new 2 johnnies podcast is always out about 6am so I listen to that, but you couldn’t enjoy the breakfast show at app it actually irritates me to listen to it

Reactions: 2
Completely appreciate your confusion. Aoibhin was born into a white middle clsss family in castleknock which is a very wealthy part of Dublin. She had parents that weren’t addicts and a home with food and heat and plenty of it. She was privately educated which is very expensive in mount sackville school then went on to trinity college to study acting. Acting in general is not the most bankable job. Children from underprivileged backgrounds may not have the financial support of her parents to take on a job with no guarantee of an income. So I guess she has been lucky as she was born into a comfort life unlike so many. What’s privelleged about her lice is that she thinks she’s in any position to talk about sleep when she has money childcare and familial support. If she can’t get sleep then what hope is there for people without those supports?

Lol I am a woman of colour!!
Mount sackville is a public school and a lot of private schools in Dublin are not that expensive

Mount savkville is not that expensive

Mount sackville is a public school and a lot of private schools in Dublin are not that expensive

Mount savkville is not that expensive
It's around the going rate - €4500 per year in 2017.
Doesn't sound like a huge amount until you consider they paid around €80,000 to put the three gals through secondary school 😮

• Wow
It's around the going rate - €4500 per year in 2017.
Doesn't sound like a huge amount until you consider they paid around €80,000 to put the three gals through secondary school 😮
And none of them were academic. Waste of money.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.