Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would have been cheaper in their time there .. it’s a very cheap school in comparison to others .. and it would have been 65k or so .. 4500 per year is a months salary.. really not that much
It's around the going rate - €4500 per year in 2017.
Doesn't sound like a huge amount until you consider they paid around €80,000 to put the three gals through secondary school 😮
s

Ailbhe always just looks like an auld one to me
Agreed. The blazer proportions are terrible with that dress, makes her look like she hasn't a clue. Aoibhin has the best style. Doireann's outfits are always too loud for me, personally. She tries too hard.

Reactions: 8
Agreed. The blazer proportions are terrible with that dress, makes her look like she hasn't a clue. Aoibhin has the best style. Doireann's outfits are always too loud for me, personally. She tries too hard.
Doireann has overdone the mad print short suit/regular suit! Yawn!

Reactions: 8
And none of them were academic. Waste of money.
These kind of sweeping statement really annoys me!
A lot of parents put their children through private education it’s not all to do with academics, there is so much more to it, anyone that has gone through a private school or putting their children through it can tell you this.

Reactions: 4
A lot of parents put their children through private education it’s not all to do with academics, there is so much more to it, anyone that has gone through a private school or putting their children through it can tell you this.
Was considering private 2nd level for mine up until recently realising she’s v def not academic and did worry might be waste of money, so I’d love to know your thoughts on what the other benefits were if you don’t mind sharing! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Was considering private 2nd level for mine up until recently realising she’s v def not academic and did worry might be waste of money, so I’d love to know your thoughts on what the other benefits were if you don’t mind sharing! 😊
I don’t think spending money on our children’s education is a waste of money once you can afford it. I think you be well able to do your own research on that one.
Good luck with picking secondary school for your daughter.

This is such nonsense.. I went to private schools and were all there to get good results
[/QUOTE

Reactions: 7
But you said that there is so much to it than academics and anyone who has done it could tell you that, and now you’re saying do your own research? Why can’t you expand on the point you made?

Reactions: 5
It would have been cheaper in their time there .. it’s a very cheap school in comparison to others .. and it would have been 65k or so .. 4500 per year is a months salary.. really not that much

s
I wish my monthly salary was €4500…

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A college friend of mine actually from the same area as the garrdashians once said to me about attending a private school ‘it was more to do with who private schools kept out’ ….. as to why she and a lot more went there. Made me think. But also thank the lord I’m from the country coz the basic local tech was the only place I was being sent. Our course would be considered academic to gain entry to …. Not a boast at all but it takes all people and all backgrounds … a lot of high academic achievement is down to the person themselves and not always to do with prestigious schools in my opinion.

Reactions: 12
there are plenty people from the country who go to private school it’s not a Dublin thing. Her school really wasn’t that expensive .. I disagree .. a lot of good leaving very results in private school are down to the fact that you pay for grades and it’s completely different to how they do the cirriculum in public schools .. teachers get bonuses for the more A’s they produce
A college friend of mine actually from the same area as the garrdashians once said to me about attending a private school ‘it was more to do with who private schools kept out’ ….. as to why she and a lot more went there. Made me think. But also thank the lord I’m from the country coz the basic local tech was the only place I was being sent. Our course would be considered academic to gain entry to …. Not a boast at all but it takes all people and all backgrounds … a lot of high academic achievement is down to the person themselves and not always to do with prestigious schools in my opinion.

What's it to do with then? Aoibhin is a failed actress. Ailbhe works for daddy. And Doireann, well let's see how longs she lasts on the airwaves. They could have gone to the local secondary and achieved the same things.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
there are plenty people from the country who go to private school it’s not a Dublin thing. Her school really wasn’t that expensive .. I disagree .. a lot of good leaving very results in private school are down to the fact that you pay for grades and it’s completely different to how they do the cirriculum in public schools .. teachers get bonuses for the more A’s they produce
It’s not exclusively a Dublin thing no. Plenty go to private schools and get a crap leaving cert aswel. That was my point.

Reactions: 6
What's it to do with then? Aoibhin is a failed actress. Ailbhe works for daddy. And Doireann, well let's see how longs she lasts on the airwaves. They could have gone to the local secondary and achieved the same things.
The secondary school they attended at the time was the local girls school in catchment area.
In recent years more community schools have been build in extended D/15 area.

Reactions: 2
Ultimately it comes down to status symbol for alot of parents! And as someone said above alluding to who they would be mixing with if they went to a public school! Which is a load of bollox! In life you won't be protected by mammy and daddy in whose paths you cross! Go to a public school and learn about all walks of life coz they tend to be the most interesting people you will ever meet.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why when she’s talking about something has she to bring one of her family into it? She was on about Adele online and said she was like her mom with technology 🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.