Garrihy sisters #15 G1 still buying in threes, G2 an uninspired wannabe, G3 would want to behave in RTE..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doireann had a lot of opportunity in RTE but made very little of it to future proof her career. I'd say she thought she'd be there forever, ending her career presenting Prime Time in 2060.
I'd say so!
And if they needed a co-presenter she would order them to employ Fr Damo šŸ¤£. One lesson for her in all of this, imo, is the old saying - don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Reactions: 8
Was listening to Brendan oā€™conor podcast he had a journalist on talking about the mass exodus from 2fm! She was annoyed about lots of her peers who have studied journalism and never had the chance to break into radio because of ā€œinfluencersā€ getting the jobs just because of who they are.

Hopefully this cull will help go back to true talent getting the jobs again.
Which journalist did Brendan O'Connor have on?

Reactions: 1
I think someone will put up with that shite for a while then the rose tinted glasses come off and she will start to hate him. I don't see 2 egostical people making it in a relationship. Will be interesting to see where her career goes from here and what effect that will have on the marriage.
Whe poverty comes in the door, love goes out the window.

Reactions: 10
One lesson for her in all of this, imo, is the old saying - don't bite the hand that feeds you!
Ainā€™t that the truth. She probably had a number of opportunities lined up that will play out over the coming months but after that sheā€™ll be hustling hard and will probably join some influencer agency where they will sell her as part of a ā€œbuy two get the third freeā€ deal!

Reactions: 6
Why are we assuming she walked away from RTE?? Maybe she got too big for her boots and her contract end came at the perfect time for Bankhurst!

Reactions: 3
Why are we assuming she walked away from RTE?? Maybe she got too big for her boots and her contract end came at the perfect time for Bankhurst!
We are not assuming that at all. Certainly not on this thread, from what I have read, and indeed contributed.
The complete opposite in fact.

I'd say Bakhurst had her card marked for a number of reasons, and I imagine in particular the fact that she saw nothing wrong with doing a podcast with Tubridy after all the shenanigans at RTE had come to light. Sheer hubris on both of their parts.

Nobody would walk away from a handy number like that. Especially with a mortgage to pay, and a Fr Damo to keep. šŸ„“

I remember working with someone who was getting the boot when their contract was over. For...reasons. The email said that they 'were leaving to pursue other interests'.

Of course they were... just like Doireann šŸ˜‰

Reactions: 13
She has no unique selling point. She doesn't have particular demographic that really follow her. Beauty and fashion is probably the closest and she's not an expert or naturally beautiful to pull it off. She's definitely not even got WAG status. I know she got 20 something grand last year for hosting some race day but how do they introduce her this year Ex RTE presenter Dorieannn Garrihy?? She's got no other credentials why would anyone pay premium for her to host.

Reactions: 11
That Pamela Joyce & Dz clip keeps appearing in my feed!!! The laugh on Dz!!! There is nothing more off putting than someone laughing at their own jokes! As much as she rips the piss out of Dathi O Shea she's not too far off him when she's talking and talking a story. I don't want to keep banging the drum but seriously who the fock is Pamela Joyce??!!

Reactions: 14
Like are a couple of podcasts going go bring in enough income? Are they that lucrative?? I personally think her star will wane because she isn't a radio presenter or TV gal anymore. Like it or not 2FM gave her status.
The podcasting market is saturated. Every dog on the street has a podcast and a live show to match it. Dz isnā€™t even in the top 10 earners for podcasters in Ireland.

Didn't she even try a live show? Never did one again as far as I know so it can't have been a great success. Watched fr damo's stories last night and I just want to punch him and his smarmy grin.

Reactions: 5
After hearing Dan Healy last week, I would say anyone that might have any opportunity of alternative stream of revenue would runā€¦run like the wind and donā€™t look back. Absolute and utter lunatic!!!

Iā€™m not so sure we have seen the end of Doireann or any of the four that left last week on RTE. 2FM yes, but not RTE.

Reactions: 3
After hearing Dan Healy last week, I would say anyone that might have any opportunity of alternative stream of revenue would runā€¦run like the wind and donā€™t look back. Absolute and utter lunatic!!!
I didnā€™t listen to his interview but isnā€™t it the case that they were not going to be prevented from taking on other work, they just needed permission. They always needed permission anyway. So the issue is only that now they needed to disclose it in the register of interest. So they donā€™t want people to know how much they are making outside of the RTE gig and brands probably donā€™t want to admit how much they are paying, so brands might be more reluctant to work with people who have to disclose the details. Plus not being able to keep the freebies over ā‚¬50. It sounds like pure greed on the presentersā€™ part.
the 2 Johnnies specifically said it wasnā€™t about the influencer related activities for them and Iā€™d somewhat believe that that from them. That they needed to be able to do their tour etc. But wtf else is Doireann doing? Her 2 mediocre podcasts are far from full time employment.

Reactions: 17
Iā€™m not so sure we have seen the end of Doireann or any of the four that left last week on RTE. 2FM yes, but not RTE.
Iā€™d be surprised if we saw Garrihy back on DWTS or that shite hidden camera program or the stupid thing she does around Christmas time. All of those programmes were tragic with zero production value and who wants to listen to Darren Garrihy (thanks Trinny!) gurning and screeching on the TV on a Sunday evening. Not me!

• Haha
Iā€™d be surprised if we saw Garrihy back on DWTS or that shite hidden camera program or the stupid thing she does around Christmas time. All of those programmes were tragic with zero production value and who wants to listen to Darren Garrihy (thanks Trinny!) gurning and screeching on the TV on a Sunday evening. Not me!
Actually you've probably stumbled on something ~ a barrier to her performance in the UK would probably be her name as terrible as it sounds (that UK audiences wouldn't get it) she'd probably need to rebrand to Dora or something šŸ˜†

• Haha
I can't see Dz still pulling in audiences in 5 years time. There's only so much chit chat you can stretch out to garner a living. She hasn't solidified herself as a broadcaster. Jen carried a 3 hour show solo and I think she has talent. Dz has only been part of silly gimmicky shows that have flopped. I can't see the big wigs at rte chasing her after giving the two fingers to 2FM.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can't see Dz still pulling in audiences in 5 years time. There's only so much chit chat you can stretch out to garner a living. She hasn't solidified herself as a broadcaster. Jen carried a 3 hour show solo and I think she has talent. Dz has only been part of silly gimmicky shows that have flopped. I can't see the big wigs at rte chasing her after giving the two fingers to 2FM.
She just comes across as a real juvenile. Definitely not a mature smart woman. Doesnā€™t give the vibe that she was learning or crafting any skill set, just jumping on the freebie wagon. She promotes her sisters so much on the radio show, it will be interesting to see how they all do without 2FM

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.