Garrihy sisters #15 G1 still buying in threes, G2 an uninspired wannabe, G3 would want to behave in RTE..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she seems to be willing to put up with that though. She thinks he’s funny as well and vice versa. I’d say she’ll pander to him so as not to anger him. That shite can go on for years and years in relationships.
Yes, for now she has the rose tinted glasses on.

That all changes once the wedding is over and ‘normal’ life resumes. Throw kids into the mix and life becomes infinitely more complicated.

Then again the Garrihy motto seems to be “put up and shut up”. Wouldn’t be for me! I’d be in the Dochas serving life.
---
At the wedding ceremony 💍

Mork: “I bleeping do”
But will the celebrant ask “Do you take Doireann bleeping Garrihy to be your lawful wedded wife”?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
But she seems to be willing to put up with that though. She thinks he’s funny as well and vice versa. I’d say she’ll pander to him so as not to anger him. That shite can go on for years and years in relationships.
I think someone will put up with that shite for a while then the rose tinted glasses come off and she will start to hate him. I don't see 2 egostical people making it in a relationship. Will be interesting to see where her career goes from here and what effect that will have on the marriage.

Reactions: 7
I think someone will put up with that shite for a while then the rose tinted glasses come off and she will start to hate him. I don't see 2 egostical people making it in a relationship. Will be interesting to see where her career goes from here and what effect that will have on the marriage.
She had to leave rte coz she wouldn’t be able to grab all the wedding freebies. But her profile will go down the drain without it and so will the freebies! Karma.

Reactions: 14
Yes, for now she has the rose tinted glasses on.

That all changes once the wedding is over and ‘normal’ life resumes. Throw kids into the mix and life becomes infinitely more complicated.

Then again the Garrihy motto seems to be “put up and shut up”. Wouldn’t be for me! I’d be in the Dochas serving life.
---

But will the celebrant ask “Do you take Doireann bleeping Garrihy to be your lawful wedded wife”?!!
Yeah I wouldn’t look twice at any of their men tbh they all seem boring as duck 🤣 I’d much rather be on my own and have the craic than be lumped with any of their fellas. 🤣

Reactions: 11
Yeah I wouldn’t look twice at any of their men tbh they all seem boring as duck 🤣 I’d much rather be on my own and have the craic than be lumped with any of their fellas. 🤣
Same. They men aren’t REAL men. They’re pussy’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She had to leave rte coz she wouldn’t be able to grab all the wedding freebies. But her profile will go down the drain without it and so will the freebies! Karma.
Exactly this! And it’s a vicious circle…she has no profile without RTE and no freebies when she’s in RTE, so it doesn’t work!!

Reactions: 10
She is so terribly unfunny though. She was told she was funny as a child because she was the black sheep and she clung onto that for dear life.

Reactions: 15
Good Morning…..from the bus 🤣🤣😂
Has he not bought a car yet from all the income from the best selling book? Or is he hoping for a his and hers brand ambassadorship.

• Haha
Exactly this! And it’s a vicious circle…she has no profile without RTE and no freebies when she’s in RTE, so it doesn’t work!!
And meanwhile she has to pretend that it was her own doing, to leave. As if anyone would walk away from a cushy number like that. I hope the freebies are worth it but they will stop eventually too.

Reactions: 6
Good Morning…..from the bus 🤣🤣😂
Has he not bought a car yet from all the income from the best selling book? Or is he hoping for a his and hers brand ambassadorship.
Well, in his defence (my 2nd time defending him in the last few days, I’ll go hang my head in shame after this!) he shouldn’t be driving unaccompanied at the moment anyway so a bit pointless having a car of his own for another while. He’d be getting slated here if he was behind the wheel alone.
You can be full sure when the time comes that Dz will be doing her best to bag another freebie.

Like are a couple of podcasts going go bring in enough income? Are they that lucrative?? I personally think her star will wane because she isn't a radio presenter or TV gal anymore. Like it or not 2FM gave her status.

Reactions: 9
Like are a couple of podcasts going go bring in enough income? Are they that lucrative?? I personally think her star will wane because she isn't a radio presenter or TV gal anymore. Like it or not 2FM gave her status.
Of course it did.
Not to mention her filming her porridge ads in the studio. She really thought she was above any guidelines or policies.

I'd say she put the final nail in the coffin of her RTE career, by doing that podcast with Tubridy after all that had emerged. Tone deaf and arrogant. On the part of both of them.

What could possibly go wrong after that debacle! 🥴

Reactions: 19
If you compare her with the 2 Johnnies who already had a well established podcast before radio she's in big trouble. Love them or loathe them the 2 Johnnies were very much the same (although afternoon radio PG) as they are on the podcast and I imagine with their departure, their postcast listenership might go up as their act on radio very much translates to the same on the pod.

Doireann has never had a stint at RTE on her own unless you count that godawful RTE Player specific show - which had her doing impersonations. Her podcasts have nothing to do with impersonations. So really she's leaving 2FM without having cemented any form of identity and she's now trying to mould herself into the chatty host - which she never had the opportunity to do solo because of her breakfast show sidekicks that did nothing but shout over each other. Even Jen, who was solo on the show to a degree, was able to tag herself as a working mother and did / is still doing (?) that parenting podcast with Lottie.

Doireann had a lot of opportunity in RTE but made very little of it to future proof her career. I'd say she thought she'd be there forever, ending her career presenting Prime Time in 2060.

Reactions: 17
Was listening to Brendan o’conor podcast he had a journalist on talking about the mass exodus from 2fm! She was annoyed about lots of her peers who have studied journalism and never had the chance to break into radio because of “influencers” getting the jobs just because of who they are.

Hopefully this cull will help go back to true talent getting the jobs again.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.