Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't like it, stayed up to watch at 2am and was very dissapointed. Will watch Thronecast tonight though, see if their analysis helps explain why they took the story in the direction they did. Would be very interested to hear from book readers as to what they thought.

Reactions: 2
Just wanted to say something positiv about s8: the complete soundtrack of s8 is avaible and it's amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just wanted to say something positiv about s8: the complete soundtrack of s8 is avaible and it's amazing!
Yes, the score and the cinematography (apart from the Battle of Winterfell) have been the best things about S8. That shot of Dany with Drogon spreading his wings behind her was epic.

Reactions: 6
I think varys burned the letter before he could send it ??? Also I think it's fine Jon didn't end up on the throne despite being the heir but the could have referenced his parentage at least once when they were discussing who should be the next ruler. I thought when drogon was burning down the iron throne he was going to blow (?) the fire past Jon to show he was a targaryen.
Jons heritage was vital to the plot as it impacted Danys psyche and paronia and caused Jon to disobey her. Agree that it was so weird to not mention it even in passing ever again though. I think Jon came back to life because he had to kill Dany. He was the only one who could have got close enough to her to have done it then. Very mixed feelings about this episode, series and show in general. Partly from not sleeping last night to watch it !

Reactions: 1
Yes, the score and the cinematography (apart from the Battle of Winterfell) have been the best things about S8. That shot of Dany with Drogon spreading his wings behind her was epic.
Totally agree, but it makes me a bit sad. Thousands of others must have worked so hard on this, but "nothing else matters" much if the story is :poop:

Reactions: 3
Just watched it.
WARNING FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T WATCHED YET DON'T READ BELOW....

bleeping Bran are you shitting me. He did f all to deserve it and why is it ok for him to be king but not Lord of Winterfell. He kept going on and on about how he couldn't be Lord but happy to be king.
Jon finally did something and finally acknowledged poor ghost.
Im glad Sansa was finally queen I get Queen Elizabeth the first vibes from her lol
I don't understand why everyone listened to Tyrion after he gave that whole spiel about how people shouldn't listen to him or take his advice anymore. Also, the whole explanation for Bran being the ideal choice to be King really didn't make sense. I mean it's Bran who did nothing during the NK battle. Plus, he's immortal and we can't forget his warging abilities. I don't get how making the person with the most power become King would be an ideal or even sane choice. If anything it would be the opposite. Everyone said Dany with her dragons were too much power... The same could apply to Bran.

Or why does the North only get to be independent? If anything then the Iron Islands and Dorne would have no reason to be under the rule of Bran the Broken either for that matter. That whole treaty would dissolve so quickly imo. I was also disappointed all the Starks had split up again, when Arya in the previous seasons went about how after her training she wanted to go back home to Winterfell. I'm happy for her wanting to travel and explore the rest of the world but it doesn't really fit in with her character development from previous seasons.

Also it says a lot about Kit's (wooden) acting if a CGI dragon evoked more emotions about Dany's passing than Jon Snow himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’ve spent the whole day dodging spoilers until I could watch it and.....:confused:🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️:rolleyes:

What an epic waste.

Reactions: 1
I can't believe I've wasted 10 years of my life on this tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I almost thought it was going to finish with them all arguing round the small council table!!

I wish I hadn’t stayed up until 2am!!

I didn’t mind them killing Danny off - as I think this was always foreshadowed from her visions in the house of the undying that she wouldn’t sit on the throne and then would go to straight to the afterlife.

It was so rushed!!

I’ve been listening the books on audible- don’t know if I can be bother continuing with them.

Reactions: 2
Tyrian has always been able to talk others into things. It seriously doesn't surprise me that he was able to talk them all into agreeing 're bran.

We have done a sweepstakes at work. The question is "who holds the iron throne at the end?".
What is the answer? No one, because the Iron Throne doesn't exist? Or Bran. Because he has "the throne"?

Last edited:
Speechless. Mainly really angry tbh. I just don't understand how D&D went to such lengths to keep secrecy around season 8, including setting up 5 levels of huge shipping containers around the Kings Landing they built in Belfast, only to have a complete f***er to say the least, leak the whole thing! Like down to a T. I really wonder how much this douchebag made leaking the plots. Surely he's a crew member and nobody will ever know who he was.
Daenerys and Drogon was a masterpiece, the rest really was a load of bollocks. Queen Sansa, who couldn't keep a secret for 10 seconds! Aaarrrggghhh! King Bran the Broken? Dafuq???!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I just watched Jason Momoa's live stream whilst watching the final episode and I love him. When Jon killed Daenerys, he said: F*** you, f*** you, punk! [emoji23][emoji23]
When Tyrion was saying all the reasons why Bran should be king, he said: Who gives a f***! And repeated it like 4 times! [emoji23][emoji23] His friend fell asleep whilst watching it! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
He said to Tyrion: F*** you!
He then said Drogon shoud've melted his f***ing ass! [emoji23][emoji23]
He said he wanted to go to a bar to fight, but the bar was closed. That he was so disappointed.
Same, dude, same.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve been listening the books on audible- don’t know if I can be bother continuing with them.
I don't think there's any point getting into the books if the last one or two look like they'll never be released. Just more wasted time.

I didn’t mind them killing Danny off
I think most people don't mind Dany going mad and the people involved with the show don't get that. It's about the journey not the destination. Sure make Dany turn into the ultimate villain but build it up so shes worse than Joffrey, Ramsey and Cersi combined so it means something.

Just seems they had bullet points on the page as to where the story was going and decided to just cover that without actually padding out the story to something meaningful.

Reactions: 11
Clarke and Harington revealed to Entertainment Weekly that Harington hadn't read the final episode's script before the cast's table read. When the moment Jon killed Dany came up, “I looked at Emilia and there was a moment of me realizing, ‘No, no…’” Harington said, and Clarke nodding back sadly 'yes.'

“He was crying,” Clarke said. “And then it was kind of great him not having read it.”

Why would you not read the final script before the table read? He must have really checked out by then

Reactions: 6