Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really wish they took another series (or even a few more episodes) to explore the whole mad queen thing. If anything this series just seems so rushed!

I agree that Dany will most likely die, I don't see Jon taking the throne though. Maybe the ending will mirror Robert's rebellion - The mad king/queen gets killed, the Stark (Ned/Jon) could easily take the throne but instead "gives" it to a Baratheon (not spelt right - Robert/Gendry). Or maybe Sansa ??? Either way definitely not Dany or Jon.

Reactions: 2
The script was leaked and everyone who read it were disappointed according to reddit threads.

Reactions: 3
It's now like watching a reality TV show that's gone a bit tit, but you watch the finale just because you're still invested in it. I've avoided all the spoilers but people apparently have been reading the entire script.

Lots of the actors don't get it, it's not people complaining that she became the mad queen it's because it (along with many other things) is just illogical because of how much they've rushed it. Hope the petition grows to 2m.

Can't stand that people are calling Dany a mad woman just because a guy rejected her.

I'm not crying, you're crying!!! [emoji24][emoji24] I can only speak for myself, but GOT means so much to me. 8 years of this show lifting my spirits during heartbreaks, huge life changes or just crappy days at work. It sounds really dramatic, but I'll really miss it. [emoji852]
Feeling unusually emotional about this.. or someone's just cut an onion! 😭

Anyone staying up to watch at 2am?
Yes ! It's the last ever episode what's a sleep deprived Monday ? Plus I'm scared of accidentally being spoiled at work. Currently watching a YouTube livestream to get into the mood. However disappointing much of this series has been it's Game of thrones and it's about to be over. History!

I can't see the show ending with anyone taking the iron throne. Surely it's a symbol of so much death and corruption, some kind of republic needs to be established. Dany can't survive the episode nor drogon (or at least he can't stay in westeros) The world needs to be reset and the magical elements pushed to the side.

• Heart
Could it be that Dany burned down the entire of Kings Landing just to kill Jon? She lost Viserion because of him, to help him with Night Walkers, he then completely betrayed her trust and even though they love each other, she knew he didn't want to be with her being related, so yeah, she probably wanted to kill him, but couldn't do it one on one, hence destroying the city in the hopes he'd die too and she could finally have the Iron Throne without the person who had the most legitimate claim?
Here's where Bran went on episode 3! [emoji23][emoji23]

• Haha
Stepping away from this thread and will catch you on the flipside of life after the last episode EVER. [emoji24][emoji24]
Me tomorrow night:

... nooooo! So, the leaks were all true. UNBELIEVABLE!!

They just all agree for Bran to be king? Because he knows best about the history... 😖

The only scene I liked was the reunion: Jon with the other Starks.

I'm truly sooo disappointed - the whole thing was just rushed again and needed more explanation. We didn't get to know more about the NK, Azor Ahai and also Bran is still a mistery for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yeah no none seems pretty excited about King Bran...because he's just so unexciting. I sort of see the logic in having a king not tempted by human weaknesses etc but it just wasn't satisfying. I enjoyed rhe episode and found it extremely tense until Jon killed Dany. From then on it went from baffling to meh. Didn't hate it but hard to love and the plotholes are just glaring.

I was happy to see Sansa crowned Queen of the North (her Weirwood leaves detail on the sleeves!) and only felt a tiny bit of emotion when Drogon cried for Dany's death and then he peaced out...which was about the same time I also emotionally checked out of this episode.

I feel like Dany's death was somewhat rushed and the whole Mad Queen theory fell pretty flat. Yes, burning down a city and innocent bystanders is not a sane thought process but I feel like there needed to be more build-up to show she was completely unhinged and beyond reason. It didn't come across in this season and especially in this final episode. Also, not here for the Tyrell's being all killed off so Bronn gets Highgarden and makes lame brothel jokes. I can't. He is so useless and there was no point for his character in this season at ALL. Like why did he even meet up with Cersei to begin with? I'm sure he is the personification of D&D in what they think is a totes cool bro character and that's why they kept him around. Useless.

Also, it took me a good minute to realize that Robyn Arryn was present when all the Houses had gathered. He had a glow-up moment (I guess being breast-fed that long did him some good?). Oh and we finally get a cute moment with Jon and Ghost. But Jon is still a crappy owner as far I'm concerned. D&D really did not do justice with the dragons and direwolves at all.

Also, what about Arya's green eyes kill? I mean that's it? Really? And Bran warging during the NK battle was also never explained. As far as I'm concerned I will never watch anything with D&D attached to the project. Terrible, horrible writers. Next series for them to botch is Star Wars... They don't deserve to work on any more big budget projects if they're going to ruin it bit by bit.

Reactions: 5
Just watched it.
WARNING FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T WATCHED YET DON'T READ BELOW....

bleeping Bran are you shitting me. He did f all to deserve it and why is it ok for him to be king but not Lord of Winterfell. He kept going on and on about how he couldn't be Lord but happy to be king.
Jon finally did something and finally acknowledged poor ghost.
Im glad Sansa was finally queen I get Queen Elizabeth the first vibes from her lol
Time to get ready for work

One thing that made me laugh was how did Greyworm beat Jon to the main kings landing castle place.

One positive the cinematography was stunning

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Bran is the kind of guy you want behind the scenes, master of whisperers maybe. For a king in those times you need someone the people can connect with and love. This plus the new way of choosing the monarch they suddenly decised on just smells like disaster to me! Even flipping Bronn would have been a better choice of King if you consider the ridiculous ascendancy he already had - at least he is likeable.

I agree that Danys death was a bit rushed but that might be because I expected it??? I found it annoying that briennes main scene was taken over by jaimie, I thought when she opened that book she was going to come across her own name or maybe even write an entry for the hound 🤷‍♀️

Also, do you think after the battle of winterfell Jon knew when everything was over he would go beyond that wall? I found it weird he paid almost no attention to ghost but then in this episode he was happy to see him ???

I think the finale was good but it needed more previous episodes - jaimie and briennes relationship could have been explored more, they could have spent more time turning Dany into the mad queen, they could have shown Jon feeling more conflicted about loving Dany but watching her go mad and I'm sure a bunch of other things too.

This series should have been 10 episodes!!!

Well that wasn't as bad as I was expecting, although reading the spoilers now and many are much better. I always thought it would be emotional seeing the end of this, but wasn't for me apart from a tiny bit when drogon picked up Dany.

Makes no sense that Sansa was just allowed the indy north and the other houses just accepted it. Especially as a north man now sits on the throne.

Jon and Tyrian were allowed so close to Dany and unguarded at the end :rolleyes:

Hardly breaking the wheel if they still had all these powerful houses and most were acquired through birth.

The best message was that people that don't want power are probably the best and those desperate should never get it.

If all the unsolid are heading off to me-sundae's home then Jon could just come back a week later. Although won't they all end up dying from the tropical diseases? They're all veggies there so not sure how they'll fit in.

The spoiler I read (YouTube thumbnail) was just that E3 was the end of the bran and night king storyline. Very disappointed that was true. What even was the point of including that story? Should have never included so the main story could have been told better.

Pissed that we got to see precious little of the mad queen, it's been building up for years and all we really got is one proper scene. Wanted the final shot to be drogon and her. I cant even remember what the final shot was and it's only been 5 mins, Arya or Jon probably.

If all the unsolid are heading off to me-sundae's home then Jon could just come back a week later.
Me-sundae 😂 I don’t know, Yara wasn’t too pleased that Jon had killed Dany, was she? If he came back, maybe she would’ve gone for him.

All in all, I think it was piss poor. I wouldn’t have minded this ending so much if we’d had a slow build up of Dany going bonkers. And there are so many unanswered questions and storylines that were pointless. Why did Jon need to be a Targaryen? What was the point of him dying then coming back to life? Who was Varys writing his letters to? I’m annoyed at it all. I thought I’d be upset at the end, but nope, there’s nothing.

Reactions: 7
Me-sundae 😂 I don’t know, Yara wasn’t too pleased that Jon had killed Dany, was she? If he came back, maybe she would’ve gone for him.

All in all, I think it was piss poor. I wouldn’t have minded this ending so much if we’d had a slow build up of Dany going bonkers. And there are so many unanswered questions and storylines that were pointless. Why did Jon need to be a Targaryen? What was the point of him dying then coming back to life? Who was Varys writing his letters to? I’m annoyed at it all. I thought I’d be upset at the end, but nope, there’s nothing.
I think varys burned the letter before he could send it ??? Also I think it's fine Jon didn't end up on the throne despite being the heir but the could have referenced his parentage at least once when they were discussing who should be the next ruler. I thought when drogon was burning down the iron throne he was going to blow (?) the fire past Jon to show he was a targaryen.

Reactions: 6
What was the point of
There's at least a hundred "what was the point of" left at this point :LOL:

I did always wonder how they were going to wrap it up, but naively thought as it was the biggest show in the world they would work hard to do it justice.

I've only read the first book, was going to read the rest but with GRRM's health and how long he's taking I'm not sure I want to start reading them if they'll never end.

People are hating it, before s8 8.2 IIRC was the lowest ever rated episode. The last is below 5.
piss-poor-game-of-thones-s8.jpg

The water bottles makes it seem like many people just couldn't be bothered
13717376-7048755-Thirsty_work_Another_plastic_bottle_was_spotted_behind_Ser_Davos-m-155_155835...jpg
13711216-7048755-Oh_dear_Many_Game_Of_Thrones_fans_were_disappointed_by_its_final-a-154_155835...jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4