Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched it again last night at 9 to give it another chance, and have a theory based on what Bran said - 'Why do you think I came all this way'. One of the big storylines throughout was Bran's journey, the people who died to keep him alive, the Children of the Forest sacrificed themselves in the cave, Hodor/hold the door etc. They made a big thing about the Night King wanting to kill Bran, which ties in with him being the Three Eyed Raven and what Tyrion said in the finale about storytellers binding people together. Also what Tyrion said about Kings/Queens not being born, they are made, ties in with neither Daenerys or Jon taking the thrown.

Anyway, what I mean is I think I get the thinking behind the finale direction more than I did before, it's not how I would have liked it to have gone though, I feel the audience may have preferred Cersei to have been captured and executed, personally I would have preferred Daenery to have not gone loopy and to have died heroically saving Jon, Jon to be so distraught he leaves and goes back up North anyway paving the way for the same ending as was shown with Bran becoming King.

What is the likelihood of a spin off 'Adventures of Arya'? 😂

Reactions: 3
I watched it again last night at 9 to give it another chance, and have a theory based on what Bran said - 'Why do you think I came all this way'. One of the big storylines throughout was Bran's journey, the people who died to keep him alive, the Children of the Forest sacrificed themselves in the cave, Hodor/hold the door etc. They made a big thing about the Night King wanting to kill Bran, which ties in with him being the Three Eyed Raven and what Tyrion said in the finale about storytellers binding people together. Also what Tyrion said about Kings/Queens not being born, they are made, ties in with neither Daenerys or Jon taking the thrown.

Anyway, what I mean is I think I get the thinking behind the finale direction more than I did before, it's not how I would have liked it to have gone though, I feel the audience may have preferred Cersei to have been captured and executed, personally I would have preferred Daenery to have not gone loopy and to have died heroically saving Jon, Jon to be so distraught he leaves and goes back up North anyway paving the way for the same ending as was shown with Bran becoming King.

What is the likelihood of a spin off 'Adventures of Arya'? [emoji23]
No matter how many times I watch it, I know I won't come to terms with Bran being king. By saying "why do you think I came all this way" with that smug pasty face, it's implied he was okay with the slaughtering in Kings Landing, meaning he's no different from Dany or Cersei and he's a monster. It was all worth it in the end because he got the throne. I wish Bran hadn't said that, it really ruined it for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I kind of hope GRRM finishes the books and someone makes them into a movie trilogy if the ending is completely different.

Reactions: 4
I'm still processing it, but maybe the night king was a goodie. He was trying to kill Bran because he knew Bran/ three-eyed raven would allow 10000s to die in order to get the throne.

I'm still processing it, but maybe the night king was a goodie. He was trying to kill Bran because he knew Bran/ three-eyed raven would allow 10000s to die in order to get the throne.
Yes, that is a point, if Bran had warged into Drogon he could have saved Kings Landing, but he didn't. Not really the actions of a future King. I'm guessing as a plot device, the only way the audience would accept Jon killing Dany was if she'd gone mad Queen, and the only way to illustrate that was to have her destroy Kings Landing. In a way, there are so many plot holes, none of it actually makes sense. I feel cheated :confused:

Reactions: 5
Jons heritage was vital to the plot as it impacted Danys psyche and paronia and caused Jon to disobey her. Agree that it was so weird to not mention it even in passing ever again though. I think Jon came back to life because he had to kill Dany. He was the only one who could have got close enough to her to have done it then. Very mixed feelings about this episode, series and show in general. Partly from not sleeping last night to watch it !
Do you think Jon is Azor Ahai?

Season 1-6 we're phenomenal cause they ran in line with the books. But as soon as D&D got to write it, it went to tit. I read an article where GRRM had said it would take another 4 series to finish it properly. HBO approached D&D and gave them free reigns and a blank cheque but they wanted to get it finished up quickly so they could move onto a new project (some star wars thing I think, but don't quote that)

The last 2 season have been rushed beyond belief!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Watched it last night. Found it boring to be honest. Kept waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. Feel this while season had been rushed. I wanted Cersei to die a more horrific death and when Bran was pronounced king both myself and my husband were like you have to be f***ing kidding! It just didn't go anywhere. I genuinely thought at one point that it was going to end with Tyrion arranging chairs. Was a yawnfest

Reactions: 4
I don’t think we’ll ever know the answer to that unless GRRM tells us in the books.
The show runners must have thought the viewers have forgotten about that storyline. It’s just one thing I’m seriously pissed off about.

Isn't the ink dry in the GOT world so you can only see the future but not change it?

GRRM posted on his blog that he will finish the last few books, maybe he should blog less - actions speak louder and all that.

Watched it last night. Found it boring to be honest. Kept waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. Feel this while season had been rushed. I wanted Cersei to die a more horrific death and when Bran was pronounced king both myself and my husband were like you have to be f***ing kidding! It just didn't go anywhere. I genuinely thought at one point that it was going to end with Tyrion arranging chairs. Was a yawnfest
Cersei deserved a far better death! Love or dislike her, she was an amazing character and Lena played the part perfectly!
I don't think any of the characters got justice this season, as in, their characters deserved so much better in every way. Although I am glad Tyrion held his promise to Bronn and gave him High Garden

I loved the last series so much. It was everything I could have hoped for! I started watching GOT years ago but I lost my way a bit because I thought it was getting bogged down in storyline. Then when series 8 came out I binged the entire thing! All the series, it took be a few weeks! But I really recommend people doing this.

The only thing I was disappointed with in the last episode was John and Dany. I didn’t buy their love affair at all. Maybe that’s because she was a nutter towards the end but I kept on thinking if that had been Ygritte it would have had more of an impact.

I also loved John’s ending the most.

Reactions: 1
I can't believe the final conversation for GoT revolved around brothels.

Also Bran the Broken is such an ableist title. Not sure if GRR Martin gave D&D that info or they chose that name for Bran but it's just awful. Much like this entire episode and most of this season. Even the memes and alternative endings I've read seem to have more thought and effort than what D&D gave us.

Cersei deserved a far better death! Love or dislike her, she was an amazing character and Lena played the part perfectly!
I don't think any of the characters got justice this season, as in, their characters deserved so much better in every way. Although I am glad Tyrion held his promise to Bronn and gave him High Garden
I have to disagree. Bronn was such a useless character this entire season and honestly should have been offed a few seasons back. All he brought to the table this season was his love for brothels and corny jokes. The Tyrells esp Olenna and Margaery had more personality and brought more to the story than all of Bronn's left pinky. But I do agree that all of the characters and their arcs were either cut prematurely or any character development built up in previous seasons just went out the window.

Last edited:
She literally spent the whole of season 8 stood at a window drinking wine, what a waste for both actress and character!
Not a bad way to make $1 million per episode but I agree considering the build up around the villian that was suppose to be Cersei, her death and her fight with Dany fell flat. If anything I don't think she should have been the final boss if that's how they were going to end her story line. By bricks...

Season 1-6 we're phenomenal cause they ran in line with the books. But as soon as D&D got to write it, it went to tit. I read an article where GRRM had said it would take another 4 series to finish it properly. HBO approached D&D and gave them free reigns and a blank cheque but they wanted to get it finished up quickly so they could move onto a new project (some star wars thing I think, but don't quote that)

The last 2 season have been rushed beyond belief!!
This makes me sad. For about 4 weeks before season 8 I started binge watching it and got completely hooked. S8 was such a disappointment I did wonder why it felt like I was watching a different programme!

This makes me sad. For about 4 weeks before season 8 I started binge watching it and got completely hooked. S8 was such a disappointment I did wonder why it felt like I was watching a different programme!
They were in a rush to get it done so they could move on. They didn’t want to do it any more but didn’t want to hand it over either. The blame for the tit show that is S8 lies completely on their shoulders. The rot started in when they finished the source material though.