Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was having a discussion with my husband... he didn't rate series 8 but said he thought the final episode was okay... he asked (thinking/speaking out loud) if people disliked it because it wasn't they ending they wanted, or they didn't want it to end...... so I ask..... what way would you have liked it to end? What would you have wanted to happen?

I personally, would have liked it to have gone on for longer for a start. Series 8 could have been split over 2 series. We could have slowly seen dany turning into the mad queen rather than in a single episode. Cersei could have been given more air time, could have seen her plotting and getting her army together and tactics etc... I'd have liked a face off between dany and cersei and a proper face off between Jamie and euron, not just the scene where they fought and stabbed one another. I'd also have liked to have seen more between Tyrion and cersei. More of Arya, she spent umpteen seasons training to be a faceless man, we got to see her use her abilities a couple times but would have loved for her to wear Jamie's face and kill cersei. Would have also liked for Arya to say Valar morghulis and Jaqen H'gar to come back and help her

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Was having a discussion with my husband... he didn't rate series 8 but said he thought the final episode was okay... he asked (thinking/speaking out loud) if people disliked it because it wasn't they ending they wanted, or they didn't want it to end...... so I ask..... what way would you have liked it to end? What would you have wanted to happen?

I personally, would have liked it to have gone on for longer for a start. Series 8 could have been split over 2 series. We could have slowly seen dany turning into the mad queen rather than in a single episode. Cersei could have been given more air time, could have seen her plotting and getting her army together and tactics etc... I'd have liked a face off between dany and cersei and a proper face off between Jamie and euron, not just the scene where they fought and stabbed one another. I'd also have liked to have seen more between Tyrion and cersei. More of Arya, she spent umpteen seasons trying to be a faceless man, we got to see her use her abilities a couple times but would have loved for her to wear Jamie's face and kill cersei
Even though the whole "Mad Queen" plot was so rushed, I get that Dany had to die, she was unpredictable and chances were many more innocent people would die should she reign. I'm okay with Jon being the only person who could kill her. Kit's acting was outstanding, you really could feel his pain. I wouldn't change a thing with Drogon and Dany, it was poetically heartbreaking.
What I would've changed was Tyrion being executed by Dany before getting killed, therefore Jon coming to the conclusion Dany had to die on his own, not because the master of manipulation planted the seed in Jon's head. Tyrion's whole speech on why Bran was ideal was ludacris. He was a prisoner, so why on earth were they listening to him?
I wish Gendry sat on the Iron Throne. I also think the 4 Starks surviving was ridiculous and unrealistic. Arya escaping death so many times on episode 5?! Come on! I liked her, but she should've died. I did like Sansa, but really disliked her towards the end and wish she didn't end up Queen.
Cersei and Jamie's death I'm actually okay with tbh.
I'm glad the prequel will explore the origins of the Night King and they've already started filming! Seems earliest it'll air will be next May. https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48280752
That being said, GOT will always have a special place in my heart. I'm totally buying Helen Sloan's book, GOT's principal stills photographer as her photos are breathtaking!

Reactions: 1
Just devastated it’s over the ending was not what I wanted but not sure we’d ever be happy after so many years of it being on!!

What on earth is going to compare? Nothing I suspect 😂

Do you think Jon is Azor Ahai?

Season 1-6 we're phenomenal cause they ran in line with the books. But as soon as D&D got to write it, it went to tit. I read an article where GRRM had said it would take another 4 series to finish it properly. HBO approached D&D and gave them free reigns and a blank cheque but they wanted to get it finished up quickly so they could move onto a new project (some star wars thing I think, but don't quote that)

The last 2 season have been rushed beyond belief!!
Agree
Do you think Jon is Azor Ahai?

Season 1-6 we're phenomenal cause they ran in line with the books. But as soon as D&D got to write it, it went to tit. I read an article where GRRM had said it would take another 4 series to finish it properly. HBO approached D&D and gave them free reigns and a blank cheque but they wanted to get it finished up quickly so they could move onto a new project (some star wars thing I think, but don't quote that)

The last 2 season have been rushed beyond belief!!
Agree it was rushed and have heard the star wars thing mentioned ad nauseam - probably true but I think a lot of the actors probably wanted to move on too. I doubt many of them would have done many more seasons, certainly not 2 or 3 more as some people wishing for. For many reasons (long shooting schedules, career change etc ).

As for the azor azai thing - yes.and no. The. Point of prophecy in GoT is that it's misleading and dangerous to take too literally. And I think some fans have got too wound up in not having things spelt out ala "you are the one neo.'' That is not what game of thrones is about. It's a world where magic and soothsayers exists but it's a far from exact art. So yes he was brought back from the dead in order to kill his lover by stabbing her and in doing so, save.humanity. There are certainly similarities - but I know I am.conveniently missing out parts. And there we go, that's the nature of prophecy,

The worst plot holes are in the things that actually happened. I just can't get over the transition from p1 to p2 of the episode - pre and post danys death. HOW did tyrion and Jon survive?! It could have been written in, and it's just ridiculous not to try. And then bran was accepted way way too quickly, again that could have been written in and maybe some of the viewers might have even been convinced as well as characters.I've yet to hear of one person who actually is excited by it even if it 'makes sense.' And tbh I think a little humanity is important in a leader even if many human traits are destructive he lacks empathy and could be basically a psychopath.

I have nothing to add really.
It was majorly disappointing.
It went from being genius to being basic as duck.

Reactions: 10

I personally, would have liked it to have gone on for longer for a start. Series 8 could have been split over 2 series. We could have slowly seen dany turning into the mad queen rather than in a single episode. Cersei could have been given more air time, could have seen her plotting and getting her army together and tactics etc... I'd have liked a face off between dany and cersei and a proper face off between Jamie and euron, not just the scene where they fought and stabbed one another. I'd also have liked to have seen more between Tyrion and cersei. More of Arya, she spent umpteen seasons training to be a faceless man, we got to see her use her abilities a couple times but would have loved for her to wear Jamie's face and kill cersei. Would have also liked for Arya to say Valar morghulis and Jaqen H'gar to come back and help her
I literally binged watched it from 1-7 in a month in time for s8. I felt like s7 was gearing up for something big and episodes 1 and 2 felt right then it just felt rushed and the whole pace changed and the story endings seemed lame. I didn’t have an expectation as to what should happen just that it would be as good as the series had been already and it wasn’t 😞

Everything from Season 1 was always about Jon being a bastard, who was Jon’s mother and the last Targaryens.

End season 6 finding out Lyanna was his mother, season 7 ending about how he was Aegon Targaryen.

Season 8 - ep 1 he finds out, ep 2 Dany finds out, ep 4 Dany says tell no one, he tells his sisters then Tyrion and Varys find out, ep 5 Varys get killed because of it...

Then at the dragon pit, nobody even mentions that he was/is the rightful heir to the throne not Dany. So they just send him to he wall because Grey Worm wasn't happy!! No trial nothing!!

So what was the point of him being the rightful heir!

Drogon would have been better off killing him with the Throne!

Reactions: 14
Watched it last night. Found it boring to be honest. Kept waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. Feel this while season had been rushed. I wanted Cersei to die a more horrific death and when Bran was pronounced king both myself and my husband were like you have to be f***ing kidding! It just didn't go anywhere. I genuinely thought at one point that it was going to end with Tyrion arranging chairs. Was a yawnfest
This! It ended I was like erm what was that?? They spent more time on Tyrion moving the chairs about than other important scenes; Danny’s death, Cersei’s death etc - both deserved bigger final scenes.

I would of been happier with the knight king wiping them out ffs at least there would of been some shock! Me & my partner was like ‘ok what was the point of like everything!?’ You can really tell the difference without GRRM’s writing as a guide/reference.

Branflake Stark, King of the 6 Kingdoms. Who thought of that? No fans are invested in that miserable little tit.

I’m going to have to buy the books! I can’t deal with this ending 🙄 Also off topic but I pulled out some loungewear earlier ‘game of thrones pj’s’ from Primarni. Genuinely threw them back in the drawer! “Not wearing them” 🖕🏼Fuming 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Next best thing to a bucket of cold water....

View attachment 18607
Dislike, dislike, dislike. What an abomination. :sick:

Some interesting stats about GoT in regards to the number of lines spoken by women in comparison to men; as well as the difference between the words men mostly used and words the women mostly used. These stats didn't surprise me, especially in this final episode where the writers had to use Tyrion to explain step by step why Bran needed to be King or why Dany needed to be taken down since the storytelling was all over the place and poorly written.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Wouldn't really call that shade he was pretty polite and most creatives don't like any cuts being made to their work, they see it all as entirely necessary. Sure you could tell he was holding back...but he did they tried twice to get something out of him and it didn't work!

I did like that alternative ending, would have been cool and surprising. Dont like the idea of winter fell as rhe capital, it would be vulnerable to too much corruption and it just doesn't suit ir tho I guess it is in the show now too anyway. But I'd have had a different resolution of leader. Not sure who or how. But Dani killing Jon when you expect the opposite would have been great !