Gabriella Lindley #53 hewcus pewcus, your launch is attrewshus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a bit worried about Gabby, actually.

There's no ham in that photo! How is she going to get through all that time at the salon with NO HAM?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Exposure therapy changed my whole life !!!

I hated going out alone so the hospital made me go out alone for 20 minutes. Its in dublin city centre so it was scary. I ended up going for a full hour alone. Had to do it for 12 weeks straight. If I get anxious now about being alone I start all over again 😊
That’s soooo great! So proud of you ☺
In my case, with BPD, CPTSD and OCD (all of them are diagnosed) due to a lifetime of sexual assault by family members and childhood ‘friends’, as well as a horrible family dynamic (also explained by the LICENSED psychologist, not TikTok) the therapist took different routes. It was and still is very hard especially since I stopped seeing her (she said she doesn’t think she can help me anymore for some reason). But, I’ve never spent years festering in my apartment, not taking any accountability and having a ‘mental breakdown’ whenever things don’t go my way. I push through everyday, see friends, start small projects, advocate for things that matter, even moved in with my boyfriend and adopted an abused and sick dog. And it’s hard honestly, but what else is there in life if not for meaningful relationships and small victories?
I feel like she’s trying to have a redo at childhood. She does very childish things, sells childish things, expresses herself in a childish way, eats very childish dishes, has her mom around all the time, has teddy bears, has temper tantrums and screams that she’s independent and grown whenever she has the chance. I understand if childhood was hard you’d try and do things you didn’t get a chance to do, I sometimes do that to heal the child that I was never able to be, but it’s so extreme in her case and she never even tried to put herself through therapy or apply her fave mantra bE kInD. She’s overall exactly the bullies she describes : mean, judgmental, snappy, small minded…
Sorry for the long post and the ramble 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 28

There's no ham in that photo! How is she going to get through all that time at the salon with NO HAM?!
She has to be more careful or she's gonna end up going through ham withdrawal

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Don’t worry she’s got her bolognese to go home too!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I think part of the problem is the lack of friends, which again, is also her fault. But the thing is, as much as you love and adore your friends, there sadly reaches a point in your life where you sometimes need to take a step back and focus on yourself and realise you can’t help or put any more time into a friend when they won’t put any work in themselves. Then the cycle continues, she wants a fun little girl gang like you see in the movies when life is just not like that. We have families to look after, husbands/wives/partners/kids.. we have work, uni, things to attend and our own mental health to deal with. If you’re struggling with mental health yourself, it’s very hard to help other friends that are too. I’ve had friends I’ve lost friends in the past because of being depressed and anxious and cancelling on things such as a best friends wedding, parties etc. although I was struggling, it hurt them deeply and I knew I needed to get some help. It wasn’t until I turned 30 and started struggling with panic attacks that I sought help and it changed my whole life. You never really know how bad you’re struggling until you start feeling better.. but when you’re young, you don’t even realise that there’s a better way to live. I’m very fortunate that I found a great psychologist and can mostly manage my life without any medication but I have to put in the work and use the strategies I’ve learnt Every. Single. Day.
I do wish Gab would do some things for herself, reach out to one of her followers for a walk along the beach with her starrrrrbs, go sing at a nursing home, anything, doesn’t have to be grand gestures and documented on social media

Totally this. I've struggled with depression on and off since my dad died when I was a teenager (I'm now 30) and recently went through a very difficult breakup, which led me sliding back down for months and months. Things got very bad and I felt so lonely and hopeless - if you don't retain friends that you meet through school and uni then it can be very hard to meet new people, particularly if you live alone and work from home. I've been having therapy regularly throughout all of this (I actually started it a couple of years ago when I failed my driving test, of all things) and I really believe it's the one thing that's kept me going when combined with meds.

Therapy and meds don't suddenly develop friendship groups for you but they can give you the lift/change of mindset you need to go out and do things and over the last few weeks I've gone to some social events in my area (book clubs, walks organised for people living in our local area) and despite being terrified beforehand, everyone has been so lovely and I feel better than I have in ages - this is where Gabby needs to get to. I honestly feel uncomfortable watching a lot of her content because I feel like i'm just watching constant poor mental health. I have empathy because I know how hard it can be, but also it's so frustrating as she has a lot of resources (financial and situational) that so many others don't.

I also find her so maddening because her attitude is so poor and it doesn't seem to match my attitude when I've been depressed (I don't think) or anyone elses that I know?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
One thing i hugely agree with is that constantly moaning and being negative breeds negatively and she’s a classic example of this

Reactions: 25
Me lurking on Gobby's Insta waiting for a hair update
Screenshot_20211026-151629_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 74
I think the thing with Gabby is, some people get depressed or struggle with MH in other ways, and they slowly lose things like jobs and friendships because they're too drained to keep them up. Personally, and I'm not a doctor so this is just my own opinion, I think Gabby's depression is caused by her lifestyle rather than her depression causing her lifestyle, if that makes sense. The more she leans into this weird solitary lifestyle and horrendous attitude she has, the more depressed she's going to get. Antidepressants would usually help depression, but they're not a miracle drug - it's not going to create a better and happier life for her, she has to do that part herself. Sadly, as with anything that requires any personal effort from her, I don't see it happening. She won't seek therapy for her clear issues, especially with sustaining relationships of any kind because 'therapists are sew mean and big bullies.' If it doesn't involve a) paying for it, b) a quick fix and c) drugs or surgery, she's not interested.

Reactions: 33
I find her hairdressers adventures so bizarre. She makes a massive deal of her transformation. Posts a few photos of it styled with beach wavy that are photoshopped within an inch of their life. She then scrapes up into a bun or leaves lank and straight for months until the next transformation. The funny thing is she actually has time to style her hair how she wants it all the time but she prefers playing animal crossing and eating ham all day. Being an influencer she has so much of the luxuries we regular folk don’t at her finger tips. Free beauty treatments, free clothes, free time to exercise and eat well. She has no excuse to looking a state. She’s really sabotaged everything for herself.

Reactions: 45
£55 for some felt mice, no wonder she has covered the price. Or is she trying to blag them for free?

I thought you despised Christmas liar Lindley?
I knew they’d be expensive when it said the wrapping paper was £13.50 😵

• Sick
Reactions: 18
She's definitely trying to blag a freebie.

But show us the hair, Gobs, ya big hammy tease. SHOW US THE HAIR.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.