Gabriella Lindley #14 Hambags and gobblestones, balayage and insta moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gabby your west end career is never going to happen, stop trying to make it happen!
Oh Gabby this is exactly why we shouldn’t put other artists down, you know like you did with Adele, your voice isn’t powerful enough to singe this song, you also get breathless a lot in that clip you can have one or two on the big notes but not after each one.
I was really lucky to see wicked with Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel and let me tell you, you got nothing on those girls!
I’m not denying you can’t sing you have a great voice, but as you’re always out here playing judge and jury for other artists I feel as a musical theater buff it’s my responsibility to tell you Elphaba ain’t it for you. I also loved that you actually tagged Wicked UK like they’ll hear it and come begging for you to play Elphaba 😂
for anyone not familiar with this song here’s a link to the original, listen to Idina Menzel version at 4.25 then listen to gabbys version.

I’ve attached a screen recording of her instastory for those of you that are blocked.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
There just isn't a West End part for her.

1) Nowhere near good enough vocally.
2) Can't dance.
3) Can't act.
4) Not trained. No Gab, half a college BTEC in Performing Arts doesn't count.
5) No social skills. Not a team player. Cannot stress enough how directors, stage managers and cast members would hate to work with her.
6) Has a reputation for not turning up because her clothes don't fit/she is wearing the wrong outfit/she has a sore eyelash etc. You simply cannot do this in theatre.
7) Cannot take criticism. What's she gonna do, block the director when she gets notes? Do a crying selfie for every critical review?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
There just isn't a West End part for her.

1) Nowhere near good enough vocally.
2) Can't dance.
3) Can't act.
4) Not trained. No Gab, half a college BTEC in Performing Arts doesn't count.
5) No social skills. Not a team player. Cannot stress enough how directors, stage managers and cast members would hate to work with her.
6) Has a reputation for not turning up because her clothes don't fit/she is wearing the wrong outfit/she has a sore eyelash etc. You simply cannot do this in theatre.
7) Cannot take criticism. What's she gonna do, block the director when she gets notes? Do a crying selfie for every critical review?
She'd be crying and begging to perform from behind a curtain like she's in college again.
"This is discrimination! You don't see the person when you're listening to a song on Spotify so WHY do I have to go on stage when i'm sew self conscious?"

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Gabby literally sounds out of breath and that's with the autotune and heavy editing. How delusional can she be. Also how will she sing AND dance/move around without sounding like she's dying??

Reactions: 20
Or watch her throw a strop when she gets cast in the character parts and never the pretty ingenue.

Still, at least wearing a costume won't be alien to her as she wears the same thing for days on end (currently that mumsy spotty dress). It might come as a surprise to her that wardrobe regularly wash their costumes though.

Reactions: 7
I guess Jane will probably turn up one day at the flat after not hearing from her and Nellie will have started to eat her. 😂😂
i hope Nel has a taste for fillers.
I guess.. maybe I was too harsh with my original statement. I think I'm just interested that she gets overwhelmed or triggered so easily at seeing calorie counts but doesn't drop in weight due to that. Is it just the emotions that give you an ED or the physical change in diet and then how long does that physical change in diet need to be? Can I change my diet for a week and then consider myself to have an ED as Gabby did with Slimming World? I think I perceive an ED as something that pushes the body to the point of malnutrition but maybe that's not the same for everyone. I'm honestly interested in how a size 16 can have an ED (minus Bulimia and BED of course).

I'm making a joke out of teenage girls because the full frontal lobe hasn't kicked in yet and so they do some crazy, insane tit. I knew multiple girls that lost a lot of weight during their teen years (I, myself reached 8st on my tall frame), likely because teens are in such a pressure cooker of emotions and have such an unbearable desperation to fit in and look perfect. Most of the girls I know have gained weight in their early twenties because we don't have that pressure... or lack of judgement anymore. I think if we classified every stupid decision a teenager made, we'd be dishing out disorders left, right and center.

Apologies if I offended anyone, I think I see a lot of girls throwing around the term ED nonchalantly and to prove a point without ever articulating exactly how it affects them.
You'd be surprised how sneaky and sinister eating disorders can be I know the most typical representation of anorexia etc. is a person looking very frail and dangerously thin but EDs, like all other mental disorders start and also heal in the mind first. If a person looks healthy or overweight doesn't mean their body and mind aren't battling at every meal. I'm not saying this with hostility but I suggest reading on the subject or ar least hearing about it from people who suffer from it. It's not a simple label to slap on anyone or assume otherwise. If someone is faking having an ED, that's a whole other set of problem.

Sorry if the subject has been discussed to death over the past couple pages, I'm sending my reply without catching up so bear with. x

Re: the audio clip, I don't think she has a bad voice at all and with good training she could really make something of herself but she doesn't have the work ethic, the thick skin and the hustle to make it at the west end. I've seldom seen someone who is as reluctant to work for anything as Gabbie and I say this as a person who isn't "motivated" by nature. She claims something is her passion but because she isn't immediately gainfully employed by sheer talent, she's resorting to sporadic instagram and YouTube posts. Keep at something, make a separate singing account, make it a regular thing, take singing lessons online, do whatever but stop clinging to the "stage at west end or nothing" mentality Gabbie. It doesn't happen for a lot of people despite their hard work and training so I don't know why she feels entitled to this just because she wants it so much.

Reactions: 6
i hope Nel has a taste for fillers.

You'd be surprised how sneaky and sinister eating disorders can be I know the most typical representation of anorexia etc. is a person looking very frail and dangerously thin but EDs, like all other mental disorders start and also heal in the mind first. If a person looks healthy or overweight doesn't mean their body and mind aren't battling at every meal. I'm not saying this with hostility but I suggest reading on the subject or ar least hearing about it from people who suffer from it. It's not a simple label to slap on anyone or assume otherwise. If someone is faking having an ED, that's a whole other set of problem.

Sorry if the subject has been discussed to death over the past couple pages, I'm sending my reply without catching up so bear with. x

Re: the audio clip, I don't think she has a bad voice at all and with good training she could really make something of herself but she doesn't have the work ethic, the thick skin and the hustle to make it at the west end. I've seldom seen someone who is as reluctant to work for anything as Gabbie and I say this as a person who isn't "motivated" by nature. She claims something is her passion but because she isn't immediately gainfully employed by sheer talent, she's resorting to sporadic instagram and YouTube posts. Keep at something, make a separate singing account, make it a regular thing, take singing lessons online, do whatever but stop clinging to the "stage at west end or nothing" mentality Gabbie. It doesn't happen for a lot of people despite their hard work and training so I don't know why she feels entitled to this just because she wants it so much.
The perfect example is Amber Davies from Love Island she stated that her dream was to be on the west end, she’s shown herself on stories going to dance lessons, singing lessons, etc, she landed her role in 9-5 and omg she was amazing in that role, she got cast for bring it on, but because they couldn’t go to rehearsals or classes during lockdown she showed on her stories her practicing her songs at home, Gabby is perfectly capable of being on the west end in some sort of role, but as you said she doesn’t have the work ethic, how can someone who’s passion is musical theater not go to west end shows regularly, why hasn’t she joined her local theater group, it’s as you said she’s lazy and wants instant success.

Reactions: 32
Umm.. aren’t you contradicting yourself there miss “I’m working from home....?!” Isn’t it YOU that is constantly banging on about being an influencer is SeW sew SEWWW sewwwwww SEW hard and you’re sew sewwwww busy?! I’ve seen most “Influencers” uploading videos at least, all you’ve done is sat around being lazy and uploading an ad once at the last minute and only when it suits you. Quit the amateur dramatics Gabby and take some responsibility for yourself. Maybe if you focused on what YOU were doing instead of critiquing what other people are doing you’d be a whole lot happier. Also, isn’t it also you that constantly goes on about only watching smaller up and coming YouTubers like you’re some kind of big shot or part of the “Brit crew” give us a break love, lmao
honestly all i'm getting from this is that she's jealous she doesn't have any friends to go on vacation with rn.

Reactions: 11
I’m not going to reply to anyone directly because I am so bleeping angry right now at some of the things I’ve read whilst catching up on this thread, but if you seriously think that EDs are something ‘every teenage girl has’ or that issues regarding EDs are specific to a certain body type then you’re completely naïve and ignorant and desperately need to go and educate yourself before speaking on the matter again. What has been said was highly offensive, inconsiderate and outright idiotic.

One of my best friends died in March, she killed herself because of the torment she went through in her own mind every single day due to her ED. She suffered for years, and her family had to bury her at 21 years old because of it. Due to COVID, they were the only ones able to go to her funeral. EDs aren’t a trend, they aren’t something to be taken lightly, and the triggers certainly affect people of ALL sizes, not just overweight people. I’ve read some fucked up stuff on here before but I never thought I’d read anything as outrageous as that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
could you imagine Gabs trying to have a career in theatre? Not only is she lazy with a weak, shrill voice and no charisma but she can’t take any criticism. I could just picture her calling a director or choreographer a jealous hater if they dared offered her any constructive criticism or feedback.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
could you imagine Gabs trying to have a career in theatre? Not only is she lazy with a weak, shrill voice and no charisma but she can’t take any criticism. I could just picture her calling a director or choreographer a jealous hater if they dared offered her any constructive criticism or feedback.
Imagine the drama when she realises you don’t start as a star you start in the Chorus...Guys I quit!!! That place was just sew sew toxic and they did not understand that I am THE BEST

• Haha
Reactions: 28
ummmm first kiss was her brother maybe?

Omg! Maybe she's never been kissed! So she has built it up to be a big deal in her head? We've only heard about the hobby miss smoochy time. Maybe she's not really a misery guts, she's just frustrated?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Just watched this video... Not sure she achieved any of these resolutions?!

it's sad to see that her mentality has only gotten worse. Like no one is looking at you in the gym or if you're wearing shorts, people truly don't think that much about you.

Reactions: 14
Just watched this video... Not sure she achieved any of these resolutions?!

3 years later and she still hasn’t accomplished any of them lol

she talks so slowly in this, and pauses about 300 times. It’s like she’s putting on an act, we know what she’s really like and this is her acting like she’s cool

Reactions: 7
Why does she never just film herself candid singing?

because without the autotune and editing she’s average!!
Tbf her singing wicked in that clip was pretty average so god knows what her voice is like unedited...

Reactions: 12
Remember when she was recording an album? I can't remember what happened with that.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.