Freya Killin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s been silly, Tabitha from MIC shared pictures of her externals and ended up getting robbed.

Re the garage, with it being part of the house I understand why she’d want to convert it and get rid of the ugly garage doors. She’s not got space (SE problems, very few people would) to build outbuildings for them but she might be able to have some of those stand alone car awnings if she wanted. If the gates are electromagnetic she’ll be safe re thefts.

I like the upstairs level in the eaves of the house. The decor is all a bit naff very greige but I can’t imagine she’ll add much colour/character. Bathrooms underwhelming maybe she’ll do something interesting there.

The garden is the worst bit imo. There are nice character properties with established gardens so it makes me wonder why she went for this, especially if she is going to rip everything out anyway she could have had something a bit more magical

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I hear what you lovely people are saying (about the wisdom - or not - of converting the garage, and many other things), and have taken it all onboard.

I can't seem to find a suitable house with a white or grey kitchen - that's essential. .

Beginning to think that there's no proper right move I can make. :cry:

I STILL can't find it even with the excellent tips, starting to think my RightMove has an invisible filter on it :D

Reactions: 3
I feel a bit shocked at the price of it, she’s 30 and in a near million pound house, fair play to her, social media pays very, very well.

Reactions: 7
I finally found it. Tried using my phone to access the website this time, and clicking the ‘include sold STC’ button (hadn’t seen that before). Still had to chip away at the locations but got there in the end.

Reactions: 2
£960k how on earth did she get a mortgage for that amount ? Seriously how much will the deposit have been ??
You tend to need a 15% deposit for over £500k (20% for over a mil), so assuming the lowest possible deposit and a 4.5* multiplier they’d “only” need a joint income of £180k a year. I know her being employed via her own Ltd complicates things, but because she’s employed in a more tax efficient way chances are she has a much bigger deposit to reduce LTV/make the process easier. Might be why it took her “so long”.

But I don’t think a property of that value feels beyond her at all 🤷🏻‍♀️ this comes up in threads a lot lol like the UK is an expensive housing market this is unfortunately a new norm we’re all dealing with!

You tend to need a 15% deposit for over £500k (20% for over a mil), so assuming the lowest possible deposit and a 4.5* multiplier they’d “only” need a joint income of £180k a year. I know her being employed via her own Ltd complicates things, but because she’s employed in a more tax efficient way chances are she has a much bigger deposit to reduce LTV/make the process easier. Might be why it took her “so long”.

But I don’t think a property of that value feels beyond her at all 🤷🏻‍♀️ this comes up in threads a lot lol like the UK is an expensive housing market this is unfortunately a new norm we’re all dealing with!
Not a chance I could afford it at my age never mind at 30 !

Reactions: 3
She would have needed a deposit of between £144k - £190K. In some areas that could buy someone a 2 bed house outright but of course Freya wouldn't want that as no doubt her new house has multiple rooms even though it's just her and her BF 🙄

Reactions: 2
She would have needed a deposit of between £144k - £190K. In some areas that could buy someone a 2 bed house outright but of course Freya wouldn't want that as no doubt her new house has multiple rooms even though it's just her and her BF 🙄
She needs a room solely to store all her Hermes boxes!

• Haha
With all due respect, you could argue there are some countries you could go to and buy a five bed for £30k. It’s just not realistic and it doesn’t matter cos who wants to live there? I’m not massively familiar with Surrey but assuming it’s the same as any home county and the entry point to buying a house is around £500k, which would be for a dinky terraced/ex council property. It’s not realistic to believe they’d want that, especially when in their financial position?

Yes the housing market is flawed that people, especially young people/FTBs, need to come up with these mammoth deposits and pay huge sums of stamp duty but this is what an unregulated housing market no government wants to tackle gets us. There are much bigger problems a-brewing than a high income girly buying a mid range house in Surrey!

I wasnt referring to a different country just the North of England 😅 but I do understand that she wants to be close to London and wants a certain type of house and that's her choice

Reactions: 1
I wasnt referring to a different country just the North of England 😅 but I do understand that she wants to be close to London and wants a certain type of house and that's her choice
You also get those certain types of house in the north for the same price lol. So this boils down to why isn’t she content with a 2 bed terrace in a Manc suburb which I feel is pretty self explanatory lol.

My lord I’ve never felt so poor in my life as I do now reading this 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6
lol why would she want to move up north?! Her family are close to London and her job is there. Her life is there. She has bought a decent size house which she can afford. She makes some silly purchases but she seems to have done well with the house. I don’t think buying a massive house in cash in somewhere like County Durham would make sense for her

Reactions: 9
I never said she wants to move there or should move there lol we all know how much she loves London