Freddy My Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Freddy has previously stated that she might to get married in her pink prom dress if she marries JJ (since they went to prom together). I wonder if she is religious or wants to get married in a church, that dress would definitely not be appropriate to wear in a church.
She also called the dress timeless... it looks like plastic to me.

She starts to talk about the dress in her style evolution video at about 12:30.

View attachment 154976View attachment 154977View attachment 154978View attachment 154979
Her definition of timeless is VERY different to mine if this is timeless? This looks like such a generic basic 2000's/early 2010's prom dress? Very un-freddy

Reactions: 5
Hope they don’t have any candles at the wedding, that thing would go up like a rocket.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Agreed... I always get the impression he's not that into her and he might be dating her because she's a popular content creator. It's also true that she hasn't mentioned him a lot lately but if their relationship is one of convenience it might be why.
Maybe the lockdown has but a strain on the relationship,
Her definition of timeless is VERY different to mine if this is timeless? This looks like such a generic basic 2000's/early 2010's prom dress? Very un-freddy

My prom was 2008 . A few of girls had dresses just like her , I thought her and JJ had been together for 5 years ??

Reactions: 1
New here, props to her recent haul, but i havn't watched her in over a year and wow has she gained weight in her legs and arms. And she isnt dressing well for her new body. The green dress was so incredibly short and did not flatter her legs at all. Same with all the high waisted shorts.

Theres nothing wrong with gaining weight but she seems to be in denial (after watching a few more recent hauls).

Reactions: 2
New here, props to her recent haul, but i havn't watched her in over a year and wow has she gained weight in her legs and arms. And she isnt dressing well for her new body. The green dress was so incredibly short and did not flatter her legs at all. Same with all the high waisted shorts.

Theres nothing wrong with gaining weight but she seems to be in denial (after watching a few more recent hauls).
I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought this! The video idea was a good one and I enjoyed the fact that she took the time to research black owned brands and go out of her comfort zone. I also liked the fact she tried to buy from ethical brands and she's been pretty honest on the whole.

My gripe is that half of the clothes are quite expensive and well... they were practically beachwear. If I wanted to spend that kind of money I'd buy something for a special occasion - but that might be my personal tastes and opinion. They were still quite pretty and faithful to her style.

Furthermore that green dress was totally not flattering on her... she kept gushing on how amazing it looked but I felt it didn't fit her body shape at all.

Reactions: 3
I appreciate what she was trying to do in her new haul, but I'm a little underwhelmed because those brands are still relatively mainstream. That doesn't make it any less important to support them, especially if you're trying to support black owned businesses that are also focused on being eco-friendly, but it doesn't seem like she had to put much effort into it, if that makes sense? Like, Net-A-Porter stocks Lem Lem. It seemed a bit like the bare minimum.

Again, props to her for highlighting brands that still fit within her overall aesthetic (and would therefore appeal to her customers, hopefully funneling more business towards those brands), but it doesn't seem like she worked all that hard to highlight black businesses. Either way, I hope she keeps sharing and 'hauling' black (and POC!) brands in the future!

It was probably due to her aesthetic mostly, because I remember her talking about Tu and George and F&F in her supermarket video, and that when she couldn’t find anything in Tu she liked that was it. She didn’t even look online!
Or her “granny” shops video... That was just 🤢

I haven’t watched Freddy’s video but saw the intro, she looks so much better without that horrid short fringe, she should grow it out or have it lon
002EB399-3938-44D4-BC73-4C5D1D3AEB95.png
g.

the hair clip does look a bit weird...

This is a screenshot from her story a couple of weeks ago, the grown out fringe looks better IMO.
015F4C9A-A8CB-4D42-9B9E-C2F8C0CC08B9.png

Sorry, but I don't get what the problem is with selling 'gifted' items. If someone gave you a sweater and you didn't like it, would it be wrong of you to sell it on poshmark? I don't get what about it is so upsetting.

That being said (that I disagree with comments criticizing influencers for selling gifted items) I think a lot of what Freddy says is totally vapid. She always calls things "classic" and "timeless" without actually explaining how any of the garment's attributes make it so. And she uses the same, like, 4 words to describe everything highstreet she buys. I think she'd even be hard pressed to define a true 60s silhouette. I hate how she doesn't seem to have any historical concept of fashion beyond "well, the 60s happened" and she barely even seems to understand what went on during the 60s. It's so weird.

I sometimes wonder if influencers stay away from talking about anything intellectual or approaching their style from a historical perspective because it would lead consumers to question their own choices more or something, and that's not what sponsors want.

Her friend Amy Nev also gets under my skin. Amy seems driven which is cool, but I suspect that she is more financially dependent on her fiancé than she lets on, which is whatever except for that she is constantly going on about her "hustle" and her "grind". At first Amy's videos seem interesting because it seems like she's telling a story about her battle for success, which would be cool except for that it ends up being every video. It ends up coming off as Amy being super full of herself since she's just talking about why she thinks she is so successful and a unique blogger over and over again. She also got invited to the British fashion awards and i didn't understand why but then I remembered she is skinny, beautiful, and conventionally attractive, and there are always hordes of girls like her invited to big fashion events just so designers, investors, etc can see their work on a nice canvas. Maybe she doesn't suck and I'm being harsh, but I am so skeptical of her "business" since she doesn't have that many YT subscribers or instagram followers. I wonder if she does more internal fashion work that she isn't allowed to blog about. Does anyone know how that stuff works?

And even though, like I said, I don't get what is angering about influencers selling PR gifts since you know anyone with like over 200k subscribers or followers is getting tons of them, far too many to keep, I am bothered by how much influencers are basically just contacting brands and asking for free stuff. It seems like Amy's whole life is just contacting companies and asking them to send her things or send her on trips. I guess thats what influencer's do though? They're sort of middle men a lot of the time... Ask for free things. Get free or discounted things. Flaunt them on the internet. Make their lifestyle seem both enviable and relatively attainable. Rinse and repeat. I don't want to fault each influencer personally, necessarily, but a lot of what they do seems like it's kind of preying on consumer's insecurities by creating weird cults of personalities. Once again, that goes back to my question re: do brands stay away from working with influencers who have a strong historical understanding of fashion and/or a strong grasp on the machinations of the fashion industry?
My personal issue with people selling gifted items is that they choose to do so. If you are gifted clothing you dont like for a gift you have no choice but to accept, or return or try to sell on. Influencers often accept the items they are gifted and choose them, and then they go on to sell them for a profit. Alongside that in some cases they have charged a fee to advertise products and then sell the items they received for a fee for even more money.

There are other ways to remove clothing from your life you dont like/need; charity shops, women refuges etc which in my opinion would be the better option for these influencers but for them all they see is pound signs. Also if Freddy doesnt want all this stuff she could just say no and shut her P.O box. Its disgusting how much money they get and then to profit from PR is even more disgusting.

Reactions: 10
I started to watch her latest vlog and thought how much nicer she looks with the shorter fringe out of the way. More " grown up" somehow. She still has some growing up to do in the choice of clothes !! :)

• Haha
On the whole I quite like Freddy tbh, I find her amusing and I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. I did find it odd in the online styling services video she thought she's an hourglass shape though - she looks like a classic pear to me, her top half is much smaller than her bottom and she isn't busty. Also agree she looks so lovely without that god awful fringe, much more classic and grown up. I hope she grows it out completely

Reactions: 8
I find she comes across so vapid and self obsessed on Instagram. The constant ‘workout’ videos of her pouting into the camera and rolling her eyes. Then she commented on coco being skinny on her stories before and not in a kind way.

I find she comes across so vapid and self obsessed on Instagram. The constant ‘workout’ videos of her pouting into the camera and rolling her eyes. Then she commented on coco being skinny on her stories before and not in a kind way.

She’s always been stuck up.

It’s sad because she was nice when she started and now she’s trying to be barbie.

If you cut all the tags off clothes and told her it was Zimmerman she would love it. Even if you’d got it from Tesco. It’s all about the label and not what the clothes actually look like! :/

On the whole I quite like Freddy tbh, I find her amusing and I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. I did find it odd in the online styling services video she thought she's an hourglass shape though - she looks like a classic pear to me, her top half is much smaller than her bottom and she isn't busty. Also agree she looks so lovely without that god awful fringe, much more classic and grown up. I hope she grows it out completely
She is not a classic pear shape she does carry her very little weight on the bottom half. She is not hourglass by any means.

I seen that too, when they did that TikTok dance thing! I felt it was a snide comment too. I wonder if she's jealous that she's not as skinny as Coco. She's probably always felt like the prettier one. I also think Coco has more talent and promise.

Reactions: 4
I really like Coco, yes she’s definitely very “stage school kid,” but she’s talented and breath of fresh air compared to freddy

I really like Coco, yes she’s definitely very “stage school kid,” but she’s talented and breath of fresh air compared to freddy
I think the difference between Freddy and Coco is that Freddy is a Failure stage school kid where Coco is a stage school kid. Must be hard for Freddy cause she always made excuses why she never got parts, was too tall, looked to old etc. And I do understand this, I remember being 11 and crying because I got cut from an audition because I was too tall as I had a growth spurt. But then I got an part over some else as I was tall and slim. Cocos kind of a mini Freddy so it just be hard for her to realise than 99% of the time is wasnt because of her height it was the lack of talent

Also isn’t Coco at Italia Conti rather than Sylvia Young so a better stage school aswell

I think the difference between Freddy and Coco is that Freddy is a Failure stage school kid where Coco is a stage school kid. Must be hard for Freddy cause she always made excuses why she never got parts, was too tall, looked to old etc. And I do understand this, I remember being 11 and crying because I got cut from an audition because I was too tall as I had a growth spurt. But then I got an part over some else as I was tall and slim. Cocos kind of a mini Freddy so it just be hard for her to realise than 99% of the time is wasnt because of her height it was the lack of talent

Also isn’t Coco at Italia Conti rather than Sylvia Young so a better stage school aswell
Exactly, those reasons (if they’re true) are out of anyone’s control, so she could just tell herself that’s why she hasn’t had more roles etc and not see that she maybe didn’t have the talent... but is Coco taller than her now?

I think I seen in one of Coco’s videos she had the Sylvia Young uniform on, the bright red one? I could be wrong though!

Exactly, those reasons (if they’re true) are out of anyone’s control, so she could just tell herself that’s why she hasn’t had more roles etc and not see that she maybe didn’t have the talent... but is Coco taller than her now?

I think I seen in one of Coco’s videos she had the Sylvia Young uniform on, the bright red one? I could be wrong though!
Yeah that’s what I mean Cocos taller than her and still getting roles. When you’re taller it is usually harder to get roles as you’re competing against people who are older with more experience - why have a 12 yearold play a 14 yearold when you can have a 18 yearold play a 14 year old. Did a bit of digging and I think she goes Sylvia Young, no clue why I thought itali conti

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.