Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Racism in healthcare is a whole other niche, I could write a book at this point. I guess the loveliest encounter I had was someone who was threatening me to take the needle with which I was going to vaxx them and stab it in my 'brown skin'. Great stuff.
Yep, and it works both ways....overheard a black woman being told she would find breastfeeding easy as she had "tough skin". Had to step in at that point...🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Bernie's interview with Piers Morgan right now is one big car crash

Reactions: 6
Yeah agree 100%. Max hasn't helped himself and to be honest, we surround ourselves with the people who we admire and respect...his circle isn't looking great on these fronts and his history is fairly chequered. It's certainly been a sour start to the British GP and Lewis must be sick to the back teeth of having to talk about this again and again.
This for me is one of the worst parts. Yet again he's forced to talk about it, yet again he's reminded that his peers and the people they associate with see him as less than. It must be bleeping exhausting

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The F1 show is on again. Daniel and Lando being interviewed pre-smack right now. Daniel's being all big brother wanting Lando to stand under his umbrella.

Yep, and it works both ways....overheard a black woman being told she would find breastfeeding easy as she had "tough skin". Had to step in at that point...🙄
Disgusting. Sometimes I wonder why I went into healthcare with the way it is right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It doesn't have two meanings though, not in this context. I don't know why people cling to that so much.

I don't see why there's a need to defend Max for what he's said. That sentence doesn't even need context. 'The Race' has the same problem with quotations. If anything The Race article is worse because he's also defending Juri.
Lol, I am not defending MAX, I don't see the point of hate towards max or focusing and interpreting max and clinging to what max said when nelson had said things wrong. It is not even about max but kudos to the media and everyone for making it about max. calling out max or focusing on him is not fighting against racism.
Everything needs context, how can you judge someone without any context.

Reactions: 2
Sorry to return to the boring technical stuff in the middle of the McLaren funny content. But the difference between Alex and Nicky this weekend is huge. It is like a totally new car 😲

• Wow
OMG, the thread is getting faster 😘
I only had 5 minutes for update, but do I see correctly that Daniel is kind of saving the week so far with his bubbly self. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh no the tweets unavailable. What had they posted? Guessing it’s been taken down.
It was this tweet but the caption was along the lines of "can't wait to see the netflix version"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Guysss the pre-smack interview and post-smack events are some adorable Dando moments, I hope someone clips them

• Heart
Lando said that he have something special for Daniel’s birthday . I’m probably the last person who saw this . I don’t have a sky okay 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lol, I am not defending MAX, I don't see the point of hate towards max or focusing and interpreting max and clinging to what max said when nelson had said things wrong. It is not even about max but kudos to the media and everyone for making it about max. calling out max or focusing on him is not fighting against racism.
Isn't the point that the word can be used in a loving way, allegedly, or in a racist way? Unless you think that Piquet was using it in a loving way whilst criticising Lewis, I don't think any other context is needed is it? We know which variation of the word he was using so unless there's another context I'm missing, I don't get the argument that Max was right to defend Nelson. I don't think any of us want to believe Max is a racist but it's not a strong condemnation is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No one's hating on him, at least I'm not. He dug that hole for himself, he said what he said - with or without context, the sentences don't lose meaning without context. Claiming it needs context is similar to the 'It has a different meaning in Portuguese' thing. It's not fighting racism, but calling him out is still important. Because he has a lot of fans who think this is an appropriate answer and it's not. I don't care about Max. I don't care if he's racist, if he's defending Piquet, if he's not. I care about which consequences his words will have in the greater picture of things and how young fans, looking up to him, will see him defending a racist man and a racist young driver. That's what matters, not Max.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.