Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not because he knows Nelson. Literally everyone was hoping for him and even Kelly before that disgusting like to not be like him and rooting for them, giving them the benefit of the doubt. It was what Max said himself that put him in this position. Everyone was fine with what he said to Sky as well, then he fucked it up. It’s his doing, no one’s putting him in a position. He was the one driver, possible the only one, that absolutely should’ve said something because it was him Nelson was trying to praise by talking about Lewis like that. And he completely failed to distance himself from Nelson’s remarks in his interview with autosport. And while it might not be the most important thing, it’s still important to make young fans aware that this is not an appropriate answer to racism - trying to make excuses for racial slurs. There’s no defending that.
I think particularly in Max’s case because his fan army have shown racist behaviour towards Lewis as well that he should have put out a strong statement against it. He is, like it or not, an ambassador for the sport and its supposed ideals. Excusing what was said by saying he is a nice person to me, a white man, is bullshit to be honest.

Reactions: 16
he never made excuses for racial slurs
He's literally said that it means something else in a cultural context but people are only focusing on the bad and Nelson is actually a really nice guy. How is that not making excuses for racial slurs? He's literally defending the man who's been throwing racial abuse at the sole black man of the sport.

I think particularly in Max’s case because his fan army have shown racist behaviour towards Lewis as well that he should have put out a strong statement against it. He is, like it or not, an ambassador for the sport and its supposed ideals. Excusing what was said by saying he is a nice person to me, a white man, is bullshit to be honest.
Yeah exactly, and because it was a statement Nelson made to praise him. He's been involved from the start and had a chance to really make an impression on his fans and the F1 community and blew it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He's literally said that it means something else in a cultural context but people are only focusing on the bad and Nelson is actually a really nice guy. How is that not making excuses for racial slurs? He's literally defending the man who's been throwing racial abuse at the sole black man of the sport.
I agree with you. He is defending what was said by claiming it was meant in another way. It wasn't, it shouldn't have been said and Piquet knew what he was doing when he was saying it. It has no place in todays world.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
He said to Daniel “you still haven’t ended him yet Daniel”

piss off Damon it was a joke. Wonder what he thought of the space hopper assault 😂
I mean it's kind of ironic isn't it 😂 one sentence of encouragement from Damon and Daniel's smacking the tit out of him

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am not defending piquet, he is racist he can go to hell for all I care. I have called out a lot of racist people in my life, and in every case, their friends would come and say "oh no she is not a racist, she is a good person" but usually the person would be the first-class bully their friend just doesn't know it. In a case like this, is it fine to focus on this friend and make a drama out of her instead of focusing on the main case raised?. That is what I am against it. Just because max knew nelson doesn't mean we have to analyse every breath he takes and make a drama out of it and leave the main issue unattended. focus on nelson and that idiot bully instead of focusing on max
I think the difference is that Max is one of the poster boys for an international sport which denounces racism within its ranks, and Nelson’s comment seemed to be timed alongside or stem from an incident between Max and Lewis.

Max has a personal affiliation with Nelson and so I think it makes total sense for them to ask Max’s stance given that, alongside his position in the sport, how his supporters have treated Lewis and the context of the remark.

People rightly want to know that their world champion doesn’t support the racist ideals of his partner’s father.

Reactions: 18
So what is the context and what does it change in this case exactly? What do you need more to judge? Max excusing Nelson's racial abuse bc he knows him and he is a "nice and relaxed guy" isn't enough? "Media and everyone" didn't make it about Max bc they hate him but bc taking an anti-racist stand requires the voice and action of everyone involved in this sport which includes drivers too. His first statement was decent but saying "this word has two meanings but everyone chose the worst one and blew out of proportion" isn't though.
“As he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally.

This is the whole complete sentence in the autosport, do you really think this makes sense?, he started with something and ended with something totally different. My point is why analyse everything max says?. focus on bernie and nelson and have them accountable. when people focusing on max, the real culprit is escaping.

Reactions: 1
Let’s be real, NP did not use that ‘term’ in any other way but negative when speaking about the crash with max last year

the defence that there are two meaning to the word in my opinion aren’t relevant in this situation because it was obviously said to degrade Lewis

• Heart
Reactions: 23
“As he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally.

This is the whole complete sentence in the autosport, do you really think this makes sense?, he started with something and ended with something totally different. My point is why analyse everything max says?. focus on bernie and nelson and have them accountable. when people focusing on max, the real culprit is escaping.
I think this is a quite extreme thing to say and accuse people of. First of all, that statement makes perfect sense. Second of all, holding Max accountable is perfectly aligned with talking about Bernie and Nelson. Because these things go together. If anything, it's odd to say Max has nothing to do with it when he's literally sitting there defending Nelson.
And for the sake of my mental health, this is the last I'll say about this. Discussing this any further won't do me any good personally, I can't defend why Max's statement is harmful any longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I think calling it out goes beyond just focusing on the person who said the actual thing though, anyone who defends or minimises what they said are complicit in allowing that behaviour to continue and so need to be called out as well

But he's NOT escaping...he's facing a lifetime ban 🤷🏻‍♀️. Everyone knows NP is a racist piece of tit...the reason we are talking about Max is because he has said he's NOT a racist piece of tit and refused to comdemn him.

Hum no ? Because they have a life and probably a billion other things to talk about. And Lando won't "die" because he has a girlfriend and is happy so probably doesn't care about them anymore... 🙄🙄

Screenshot_20220630-215444_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Let’s be real, NP did not use that ‘term’ in any other way but negative when speaking about the crash with max last year

the defence that there are two meaning to the word in my opinion aren’t relevant in this situation because it was obviously said to degrade Lewis
100% agree, I have no issue with this

But he's NOT escaping...he's facing a lifetime ban 🤷🏻‍♀️. Everyone knows NP is a racist piece of tit...the reason we are talking about Max is because he has said he's NOT a racist piece of tit and refused to comdemn him.
lifetime ban to something that he rarely makes an appearance?

I know it's childish but it's so bleeping funny to see spanish Iona and Kathy together 😆😆

Back to the days when I thought Lando is too cool and Pierre is too clingy

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hum no ? Because they have a life and probably a billion other things to talk about. And Lando won't "die" because he has a girlfriend and is happy so probably doesn't care about them anymore... 🙄🙄

View attachment 1381655
How to know the cretins behind these pages are actually children. In relation to exes/former conquests, I'm somewhere between not caring /amused if they still care enough to talk about me, as most adults would be

Reactions: 7
lifetime ban to something that he rarely makes an appearance?
I mean, it's pretty much all they can do and he does make regular appearances, but whatever...this is going round in circles and I doubt we are going to get anywhere. Let's just hope Lewis has a great weekend and that Max starts getting behind anti racism initiatives to show us the kind of man he really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It was in this moment she regretted the decision to make this man her sons godfather

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
An amazing first day going to spam you with some photos sorry 😁
0B4D0ED1-A29D-4AF9-88B5-142488DBBA05.jpeg
(Daniels face when everyone started singing happy birthday)
701FDFCB-EB00-4C99-8EAE-6ABA42977D79.jpeg
6C38A107-15EA-467E-BEB3-6074A8B228BE.jpeg
Yuki is even smaller in real life 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.