Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

iona.a.smith

VIP Member
I’m going to put my two pence in on the whole ‘mistake’ thing sorry

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around me , other kids at school and even the teachers constantly Told me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this day. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people accountable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
I am so incredibly sorry that you have had to go through this…❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
To me it’s a ‘I don’t like what he said but…’ sentiment. And what he said about education just seems like a cover up, everything he’s said on Sky is unraveled by what he’s said in the article defending Nelson - but that’s just my opinion. I still don’t think he’s racist but he’s also just not clearly condemning what’s been said by saying it’s a culture thing but people only see the bad. There’s no need to defend Nelson. I truly get it’s hard to go against family but he even said he’s not going to try to get him to change his views which idk, doesn’t sit right with me. Max has and will never experience racism and him saying Nelson isn’t a racist because he knows him just isn’t that great of a reason.
He said " I think the wording that was used, even though of course with different kinds of culture and things they said when they were little and younger,was not correct. Let it be a lesson for the future not to use the word, because it is very offensive and especially nowadays it gains more traction " by this he means even it was used in different context in their culture it was not correct, atleast that is what I am getting.if he had said that word was wrong but it has different context in their culture I would have agreed with your point of view, what he really said it has different word in their culture but it is better not to use it, not the other way around . "People of course label him as a racist now, which I don't think he is, but I fully agree that you cannot use those words". I agree he should not certify that nelson is not racist because he has spent some time with him because people usually wont reveal their true self to every one.

Reactions: 2

Sc1909

VIP Member
I’m not talking about Juri or if his punishment is severe enough, I don’t care about that to be honest. But Lando saying that racial slurs should just be excused if they’re a mistake. That’s the point that’s so hurtful. They shouldn’t be excused just like that, again I’m not saying they should never be forgiven but they haven’t even done anything to atone, a half assed Instagram post that’s basically a ‘sorry I got caught’ is not atonement. They need to understand that there are consequences to racial abuse.
Just because others have gotten away with it, which in my book they haven’t as I’ve said before, doesn’t mean it needs to stay like that.
No that’s not what I’m saying. I think I’m going to leave it there as im clearly not expressing myself properly.

I mean yea it “has two meanings” but there was only one way NP meant it… 🙃
Nelson kinda got lucky that word has two meaning otherwise he would be at the death row by now.
I'd question whether other articles are covering the entire thing then. Because this is the original article, from the original interviewer. I don't think this is clickbait because it's in the middle of the article, it's not even the headline. If anything, the headline is misleading.
If you read the article fully you can see it is not even edited properly and lot of open quotation without the close quotation, even the sentence you have highlighted has the same problem and it hangs there without any proper context, he may have said something after this which was not recorded in the article or taken out of context. Check out the article from Race.

Sc1909

VIP Member
What a snooze fest of an fp1. Don’t really get it especially as it’s looking like a wet quali. 🤷🏻‍♀️