Formula 1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was thinking that but too scared to say it! I think people read into it too much... imo because you do not kneel doesn’t imply you’re a racist 🤷‍♀️
As a non brit I do not feel it as showing respect! We don't do that! I understand F1 is based in the UK, but it is international sport. They should do something more international if they really want to do something.

The stewards have declared George and Valterris crash as a racing incident and no further action will be taken.

Reactions: 7
As a non brit I do not feel it as showing respect! We don't do that! I understand F1 is based in the UK, but it is international sport. They should do something more international if they really want to do something.
Sure it’s from America? I see it as a way to show solidarity which has gone global with the BLM movement. However I believe BLM is too political having said that, I have nothing against them using their platform to promote equality, sexism, etc, I actually think it’s good of them but it’s hard now cause everything is going extreme!!
As a Brit, majority of the people I know would not take the knee as they associate BLM with Marxism but they are by NO means racist

Must say, I thought this was a good shirt. Touched on many issues. Having said that, I think there should be more race inclusive i.e. Arabs, eastern Asians, etc who sadly have also suffered a lot of hate and abuse 😔

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The stewards have declared George and Valterris crash as a racing incident and no further action will be taken.
That's probably the right outcome. It definitely looked fairly 50/50. To place outright blame on one or the other would be extremely harsh.

Reactions: 7
Sure it’s from America? I see it as a way to show solidarity which has gone global with the BLM movement. However I believe BLM is too political having said that, I have nothing against them using their platform to promote equality, sexism, etc, I actually think it’s good of them but it’s hard now cause everything is going extreme!!
As a Brit, majority of the people I know would not take the knee as they associate BLM with Marxism but they are by NO means racist

Must say, I thought this was a good shirt. Touched on many issues. Having said that, I think there should be more race inclusive i.e. Arabs, eastern Asians, etc who sadly have also suffered a lot of hate and abuse 😔
I am fine with them using their platform, though not sure before the race is the right time. But the kneeling is just missing their point. I had to google it, to know what they meant with it. We would do a 1 min silent, or salute. But I am sure in Japan there would be other protocol. Thats why I do not like it.

Edit: just saw your edit, I agree. The problem is they are international, they should think about other nations too.

roll on the next two weeks along with the action please! Absolutely loving it. Making me excited for Silverstone too 🥳

I am fine with them using their platform, though not sure before the race is the right time. But the kneeling is just missing their point. I had to google it, to know what they meant with it. We would do a 1 min silent, or salute. But I am sure in Japan there would be other protocol. Thats why I do not like it.

Edit: just saw your edit, I agree. The problem is they are international, they should think about other nations too.
Yup, totally agree!!

Don’t know the full details but my husband has just said Kimi has had his points removed. We are gutted, both big Kimi fans. Something to do with the spin while unlapping himself, which I don’t really get but haven’t read it fully yet.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
He is. His car can't be that much slower than Lewis' surely?!
The Mercedes this year has a lot of rear-instability and except of maybe 3 or 4 drivers (one of them is Lewis) this is something most drivers can't deal with (quite similar to the issues Red Bull had in the past two years). Add on that the fact that the field is generally closer together this year, the difficult conditions (that no doubt exagerate his problem) and that Bottas is not exactly a brilliant racer, and you can get this.

Reactions: 4
Screenshot_20210419-053025~2.png

Screenshot_20210419-053034.png

Here we go guys. I didn't realise we've had more people join, but that's great!

Well done @Rubythefirebat (assuming you are Ruby Raving?) for top points this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t know the full details but my husband has just said Kimi has had his points removed. We are gutted, both big Kimi fans. Something to do with the spin while unlapping himself, which I don’t really get but haven’t read it fully yet.
Yes, he spun and lost his place, during the restart he should've entered pit lane as he couldn't regain position.

Reactions: 1
I read the FIA report last night. Sometimes I hate the rules, so stupidly complex, he had lost two places from the spin surely thats penalty enough. The team told him to regain position but he didn’t/ couldn’t.

I read the FIA report last night. Sometimes I hate the rules, so stupidly complex, he had lost two places from the spin surely thats penalty enough. The team told him to regain position but he didn’t/ couldn’t.
Similarly with Perez under the safety car, what I found weird was 2 drivers (can't remember who, LEC and RIC maybe) yielded and let him pass them to regain his position. So presumably those drivers thought that was right too?

Would love to be a fly on the wall for the Toto-Russell and Toto-Bottas conversations yesterday! Tbh regardless of the incident, Bottas was gonna end up in the office for a bollocking yday!!
Wonder if there could be a mid season Bottas/Russell switcheroony if Bottas continues on this path🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.