Formula 1 Wags #98

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved the old Quadrant! The 5 OGs had great chemistry and were just so naturally funny, the videos were of great quality and really enjoyable. I agree, if they had just continued like that they could’ve easily been closing in on 1 million subscribers at this point.
yes, just stick to the fool proof formula that works for everyone!

although, if quadrant was always going to be an e-sports type of thing in the future i guesss it makes sense. but it’s so obvious the OG stuff would generate more views, money etc. should’ve just stuck with that to become more successful 😅

Reactions: 5
I feel like the mean girls saying “stop trying to make quadrant happen, it’s not gonna happen” lockdown yes people were invested in it coz they had content now it’s all about a Gillette razor and it’s boring content if it honest!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
yes, just stick to the fool proof formula that works for everyone!

although, if quadrant was always going to be an e-sports type of thing in the future i guesss it makes sense. but it’s so obvious the OG stuff would generate more views, money etc. should’ve just stuck with that to become more successful 😅
But are they even doing a lot with esports? Genuine question, not a dig - I really don’t know a lot about esports

i get that they’re trying to expand and cater to several different audiences, but they genuinely could’ve grown SO much quicker if they just stuck to two simple types of videos.. motorsport related and then the random trends that go around that require MINIMAL effort (hot wings challenge etc). not all the videos of boring elgato stuff when they post once in a blue moon 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
i still watch old quadrant videos though- i can’t even lie. they were funny.
I also like to rewatch some of the old video like the one with all the guys from the beginning of quadrant cause i really like these. In the end of last year imo they get on the Max/Lando hype train too much and we barely see the others anymore. I have nothing against Max, he and Lando have good banters on camera but for me Quadrant is a group of people, not just Max/Lando and sometimes the others. And since this year i feel like the videos are just ads after ads 😕

Last edited:
But are they even doing a lot with esports? Genuine question, not a dig - I really don’t know a lot about esports
actually yea idk. i naturally assumed that the halo team was a step forward to that but maybe not! i tried looking it up and couldn’t find what originally made me think that so ig i’m wrong 😂

I think they are really invested with their Halo team, they seem to do quite a few tournaments but apart from that not so much. But i don't really know anything about esport so i can be completely wrong.

Reactions: 4
Happy ninety eight,
it‘s going to be great!
some drivers might have a date,
or maybe that’s just clickbait 🤷🏻‍♀️

Off next to Baku,
Daniel won’t drink out of his shoe,
but he’s got a cool crew,
of which many are kangaroo(s)!

*admittedly not my best work but it’s almost midnight and I’ve been listening to neurology lectures all day long

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I also like to rewatch some of the old video like the one with all the guys from the beginning of quadrant cause i really like these. In the end of last year imo they get on the Max/Lando hype train too much and we barely see the others anymore. And since this year i feel like the videos are just ads after ads 😕
i don’t know how to properly put it into words but the way it revolves around lando and max’s friendship now annoys me. bc that wasn’t the original purpose of quadrant, especially the yt channel. there are other “friendship” channels like sidemen, beta squad etc and it works perfectly bc it was always abt their friendship, them bouncing off each other and all that

so changing from a group of motorsport creators and an f1 driver who vibe well together as they do motorsport related videos to…. this 😬. makes me look at quadrant and think it’s lost authenticity 😂

but i do understand that landos been super busy, he does a ton outside of f1 compared to all the other young drivers, probably the most, so not ALL his fault. but it could’ve been planned better to make them grow at a much better rate, which they deserved at first imo, and stay true to what they were in the beginning! now the admin just dickrides max and his “memes”

• Heart
his personality was by far one of the best but…. mclaren are one of the weakest teams in terms of strategy imo 🙃🙃
Yeah true some of their strategies this year have been 🥴. Bahrain and monaco are the 2 that come to my mind at the moment, there are probably more but i have a goldfish memory 😂
Edit: how could i forget Sotchi? Even if i think that, in this case, it was as much Lando's fault as it was the team's.

Reactions: 8
Yeah true some of their strategies this year have been 🥴 (bahrain and monaco are the 2 that come to my mind at the moment)
Bahrain was no strategy just vibes, truly just an extended test 😭 the worst was Zandvoort tbh - the others have been alright, some better some worse but I feel like that’s the same in every team

• Haha
but i do understand that landos been super busy, he does a ton outside of f1 compared to all the other young drivers, probably the most, so not ALL his fault. but it could’ve been planned better to make them grow at a much better rate, which they deserved at first imo, and stay true to what they were in the beginning! now the admin just dickrides max and his “memes”
They are never going to grow without Lando, just look at their channel, any video without Lando gets like a couple hundred thousand views, stick Lando in and it jumps to 800k 😂

their Twitter and other social media channels are just cringe, I ignore whatever they put out at this point tbh 😬

Reactions: 9
Yeah true some of their strategies this year have been 🥴. Bahrain and monaco are the 2 that come to my mind at the moment, there are probably more but i have a goldfish memory 😂
strategy was non existent for lando at monaco 😭😭 just making it up on the spot himself lmao. i haven’t listened to daniel’s full radio yet for this race but surely it couldn’t have been much better. that’s the biggest difference between mclaren at the top 3, so conservative in their strategies or just purely running on vibess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.