Formula 1 Wags #89

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daniel's interview for GQ 🙂

Yikes... what a nightmare
"Last year, McLaren had two videographers,” Ricciardo says. “Now they have four, and nearly every race there’s someone new to the content team. It’s a lot.” Privacy has always been in short supply on race weekends, but now it’s practically nonexistent, Ricciardo says: “What I’ve noticed now is unless you’re sitting in your room with your door closed, someone’s filming you. You just don’t get space anymore.”"

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
"Last year, McLaren had two videographers,” Ricciardo says. “Now they have four, and nearly every race there’s someone new to the content team. It’s a lot.” Privacy has always been in short supply on race weekends, but now it’s practically nonexistent, Ricciardo says: “What I’ve noticed now is unless you’re sitting in your room with your door closed, someone’s filming you. You just don’t get space anymore.”"
Really is, especially added to the F1 videographers and Netflix, but what I’m also gathering from this is that each individual McLaren videographer has a lesser workload now, since we’re not getting massively more content than before but more people are working on it, and that’s very much appreciated - they’re only human as well after all.

Reactions: 12
That’s really tough that would drive me crazy having to be ‘on’. One not great fan interaction and you’re labelled an asshole

not saying the McLaren videographers would release the videos that show the drivers in a poor light but everyone has a camera phone now

Reactions: 8
That makes me sad though the pressure and expected to “do more” for content but I bet they are on the same pay grade and it can’t be good on their mental health

Reactions: 5
That’s really tough that would drive me crazy having to be ‘on’. One not great fan interaction and you’re labelled an asshole

not saying the McLaren videographers would release the videos that show the drivers in a poor light but everyone has a camera phone now
That’s regardless of the content though, that’s also how it was before F1 suddenly exploded with fans spreading these interactions just by telling people and things reaching the written media. Every celebrity is scrutinized for everything they do and that’s so sad, but I think that’s why people like Daniel, because he’s genuine and he’s not afraid to show anger or sadness after races, he just is.

Reactions: 8
“Obviously your teammate's your biggest rival, and you're both trying to, in the nicest way possible, end each other's careers,”
I'm sorry but if Lando had said this he would have been shread to pieces by people on social medias...

*I'm not saying Daniel shouldn't say things like that but everyone knows that there are double standards even for the drivers.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That makes me sad though the pressure and expected to “do more” for content but I bet they are on the same pay grade and it can’t be good on their mental health
100% although I think it really depends on the content. Like RedBull does the most extreme stuff, I bet that’s quite time consuming and frustrating but can also be fun. McLaren is rather harmless, unboxed cameras must be annoying at times (thinking Lando after Sochi here) but generally probably nothing compared to Netflix.

Reactions: 6
That’s regardless of the content though, that’s also how it was before F1 suddenly exploded with fans spreading these interactions just by telling people and things reaching the written media. Every celebrity is scrutinized for everything they do and that’s so sad, but I think that’s why people like Daniel, because he’s genuine and he’s not afraid to show anger or sadness after races, he just is.
Ya very true I just know I’m not built for that celeb life 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Its strange because i always think lando has got to be so close to snapping with all the camera on time he has. but i think he absolutely loves and accepts the world of no real privacy. Daniel as others have mentioned seems to embrace and need his off time and fun outside of F1 and the camera. Lando on the other hand just seems to have accepted all of it and all that goes along with it. not a difference i would have seen initially but the way daniel is on social media and with heidi definitely highlights what they are saying here

Its strange because i always think lando has got to be so close to snapping with all the camera on time he has. but i think he absolutely loves and accepts the world of no real privacy. Daniel as others have mentioned seems to embrace and need his off time and fun outside of F1 and the camera. Lando on the other hand just seems to have accepted all of it and all that goes along with it. not a difference i would have seen initially but the way daniel is on social media and with heidi definitely highlights what they are saying here
I wonder too does Daniel feel how different it has become since he started in 2014 (?)

Reactions: 4
i also noticed the bird shat on the window in the actual video albono posted... just in case someone would like even more details 😂

well then they seem to be quite lost because wherever they are, this does not resemble a golf course

Amazing eye to catch those details, but you really can't see that golf course that's right in front of them? 😮

he looks even more stressed than me delivering my car to a workshop and having to drive in the city today btw 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.