Formula 1 Wags #88

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know. I've been on and off dating apps for a few years now. So many guys only want you for a shag whenever it suits them. They want it all on their terms.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get any better as they get older. My godmother received an unsolicited dick pic from a man she was speaking to from a dating app. She is 53.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Well my problem is that I just don’t like animals so there won’t even be a dog. Will just be me, my crocs and my Chillys water bottles
GET OUT OF HERE NOW. HOW ARE WE FRIENDS 😂

But seriously you guys are just describing my life ugh. I found dating so easy in my 20s cos I met lots of guys through my job at the time and friends of friends. Now everyone I know is settled, even my younger friends so I can’t meet anyone through them and online dating is just not for me! The idea of someone judging me on my appearance and chat gives me so much anxiety 😅

I have to keep telling myself it’s not the be all and end all cos I’ve got a good career I’ve worked hard for and I own my own home which is independent lady goals ✌🏻 BUT it would just be nice to share some of it with someone 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
This as well. I see people with their significant other or talking about someone that they are starting to see and I just think “what is wrong with me why am I not able to get to this point” and then I start thinking about the fact that I’m just going to be the crazy cat lady spinster who doesn’t even like cats
Honestly, there's nothing wrong with you. I know I married too young because I was afraid of being left out because all my friends were getting married. I love my life now but it wasn't an easy process getting here.

A study showed that women in same sex relationships have more frequent and more satisfying sex so they probably ARE happier 🤣
Also married men live longer than single men but married women die younger than single women

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know. I've been on and off dating apps for a few years now. So many guys only want you for a shag whenever it suits them. They want it all on their terms.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get any better as they get older. My godmother received an unsolicited dick pic from a man she was speaking to from a dating app. She is 53.
ugh exactly this! And also, it just fills me with so much anxiety… the swiping is fun (but so superficial) but the conversations and the meeting, it just makes me horribly anxious and I can’t even explain it.

• Heart
This as well. I see people with their significant other or talking about someone that they are starting to see and I just think “what is wrong with me why am I not able to get to this point” and then I start thinking about the fact that I’m just going to be the crazy cat lady spinster who doesn’t even like cats
RETWEET. So many people around me seem to get into relationships so easily and I can barely get past the talking stage.

If I even get to meet them, I'm lucky to even get past the first date.

I know it's corny, but I wish I could have a relationship like my mum and dad have. They were younger than I am when they got together. Still going strong over 40 years later

• Heart
I know it's corny, but I wish I could have a relationship like my mum and dad have. They were younger than I am when they got together. Still going strong over 40 years later
Same 😭 My mum met my dad on a night out and they were married for 40 years before we lost him. Imagine meeting someone on a night out now and still being together 40 years later?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Same 😭 My mum met my dad on a night out and they were married for 40 years before we lost him. Imagine meeting someone on a night out now and still being together 40 years later?!
😭😭😭😭 I could never, everything that happens on a night out fizzles out about a week later for me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m gonna try get some sleep it’s been a really busy day on tattle considering it’s not a race weekend night ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
😭😭😭😭 I could never, everything that happens on a night out fizzles out about a week later for me
I just can’t even bring myself to do it anymore, too old for trying to find the love of my life on a sticky dancefloor 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Ah see I’m slightly different in the sense that my parents were in early-mid 30s before they met so that is the things that gets me through - knowing that it all doesn’t have to happen young. But it is still hard to think that there are people my age out there who are in steady relationships atm (yes these might not last but still they are there just now) and I’m just sat here having never made it to a proper taking stage and even then that was a solid 3-4 years ago when I was still in school 😂😂

• Heart
I just can’t even bring myself to do it anymore, too old for trying to find the love of my life on a sticky dancefloor 🤣
Granted I haven’t been out partying in a good while, mainly due to Germany having been quite strict with the pandemic up until recently and now my anxiety is way too bad, but I’ve been out at bars drinking and stuff and it’s just always the same 😂 maybe I’m going to the wrong places 😂

Ah see I’m slightly different in the sense that my parents were in early-mid 30s before they met so that is the things that gets me through - knowing that it all doesn’t have to happen young. But it is still hard to think that there are people my age out there who are in steady relationships atm (yes these might not last but still they are there just now) and I’m just sat here having never made it to a proper taking stage and even then that was a solid 3-4 years ago when I was still in school 😂😂
Girl my childhood best friend who I’ve known for like 20 years is engaged to his girlfriend of 12 years or something - and I’m sat here killing yet another plant in my room that’s somehow sick of my atmosphere 😂 at least we got each other 🤝🏼

Last edited:
  • Haha
Granted I haven’t been out partying in a good while, mainly due to Germany having been quite strict with the pandemic up until recently and now my anxiety is way too bad, but I’ve been out at bars drinking and stuff and it’s just always the same 😂 maybe I’m going to the wrong places 😂
Men are literally the same everywhere, I never see anyone respectful on a night out! All trying to have a quick grope or shouting inappropriate tit out! Drives me mad! I’ve just given up now and dance like an idiot with my mates instead 😂

At least you guys have loads of time! It’s when you get to 32 and you’re still in this situation that you panic! 🥺

• Heart
Another one here for the Tattle 'what is wrong with men' club. I broke up with my most recent ex a couple of months before Covid hit and had moved out of his place to live by myself.

I have tried a few dating apps recently and the state of menfolk who are my age is 😶 I swear half of them who are claiming to be my age look more like they could be my dad's age to me! There's also just a lot of them who seem to be the same person... like they have the same hobbies and same blah where they think saying they've travelled to 47 different countries is a personality trait....

I just want a nice, slightly nerdy one who is around my age who maybe shares like one interest, say F1 or football, with me.... I feel like I am not asking for the moon on a stick here. And yet.
The guy I just dated was nerdy and into F1. But there was no chemistry. Which is kinda needed 😂

• Haha

Girl my childhood best friend who I’ve known for like 20 years is engaged to his girlfriend of 12 years or something - and I’m sat here killing yet another plant in my room that’s somehow sick of my atmosphere 😂 at least we got each other 🤝🏼
Tattle🤝Love life therapy sessions

The guy I just dated was nerdy and into F1. But there was no chemistry. Which is kinda needed 😂
You were so close yet so far 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Biggest mood ever. I'll be 22 this year. So many people in solid relationships. I can't gst out of the talking stage. Always just treated like an option all the time too.

I feel like I'm so far behind, because I'm only just returning to education after a few years out. I should have graduated University this summer. People my age are graduating, getting their own flats, in solid relationships and I'm in the same position I was when I left school 4 years ago.

• Heart
Biggest mood ever. I'll be 22 this year. So many people in solid relationships. I can't gst out of the talking stage. Always just treated like an option all the time too.

I feel like I'm so far behind, because I'm only just returning to education after a few years out. I should have graduated University this summer. People my age are graduating, getting their own flats, in solid relationships and I'm in the same position I was when I left school 4 years ago.
I feel you 💔 it’s hard to watch people you’ve grown up with move on in life and do all these things - even my younger siblings are far ahead of me in some regards. But I always try to remember that there is no timeline to life, sometimes things take a bit longer but they’ll be worth it in the end. There’s no right or wrong way 🥰

• Heart

In terms of the education thing, I took a year out after school and thought when I started my course that so many people would be younger and that really messed with me but now I have a solid group of friends and some are older some same age and some younger and it’s fab! I love the mix of experiences sk just roll with it all 😂😂

And to think that some people pay money for what we have for free 😂
Any lurkers with relationship issues right now are loving life 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.