Formula 1 Wags #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off-topic a bit, but how does everyone think this weekend will go? Do we think Haas has a chance of being in the top 10? Who will be on the podium? Which of the ladies will have the best outfit? Will Max bounce back from his penalty? Just curious!
hope Bottas wins. Hamilton in second. Max in 17th. Happy days!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Think sometimes you have to be selfish and ask why not me? And he’s been working with the team for years now, think he really wanted to bring that first win in years home for them. Pity
That's my thought. In fact, Lando has been so much more mature than Charles or Max in the same situation. Charles was just in his first year with Ferrari and was already like "gnagnaga team order with Seb gnagnaga don't understand want to win" and Max.... Well it's Max. So to think that Lando who's there for nerly 3 years, endured the week after seeing all the stuff make for Dany's victory and didn't complain just one second...he has now the right to be upset or angry, selfish and express it. (i'm french it's a right for me 😅)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
OK unpopular opinion is coming 😅

As much as I liked the moment of victory at Monza, all the "after race" with the celebration at MTC, the speeches, Dany's trophy next to Senna's etc really tired me lol.
I think Lando was very happy on the radio but after, when the pressure went down it shows so much that he is disgusted for him (not for the team) and I feel for him... sorry aha, he could have been p1(for me) but doesn't argue when they said to stay behind, for two years he has worked to bring mclaren to this level but at the end of the week the moment of glory does not come to him and he stills has to celebrate and make speech all the days after because he is P2 and for the team unity. So I find it quite mature coming from him but totally understand why he said that today in interview.
He'll get his chance though it just wasn't at Monza...and it won't be because the team boss told him to get out of the way, it would have been a hollow victorydeep down. There was no taking that win off Dan. Yeah, he's won before and has been racing and winning alot longer but it was his fair and square. Lando will smash it on his terms.

Reactions: 11
That's my thought. In fact, Lando has been so much more mature than Charles or Max in the same situation. Charles was just in his first year with Ferrari and was already like "gnagnaga team order with Seb gnagnaga don't understand want to win" and Max.... Well it's Max. So to think that Lando who's there for nerly 3 years, endured the week after seeing all the stuff make for Dany's victory and didn't complain just one second...he has now the right to be upset or angry, selfish and express it. (i'm french it's a right for me 😅)
When he has his first win I hope it’s a clear, no team orders win that hes worked hard for. I do think Daniel would have struggled if it hadn’t been for Lando keeping off Lewis because Merc had the pace. But at least he’ll have his own day for his big win. I get why Lando said that in the interview 100%, he cracked on with the celebrations for Danny without a complaint. Someone said before that the problem with coming 2nd is being so close to 1st. With 3rd you’re just happy to be on podium.

Also…
I know we hate egg here but I hope this is the start of him really trying to turn himself around.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
When he has his first win I hope it’s a clear, no team orders win that hes worked hard for. I do think Daniel would have struggled if it hadn’t been for Lando keeping off Lewis because Merc had the pace. But at least he’ll have his own day for his big win. I get why Lando said that in the interview 100%, he cracked on with the celebrations for Danny without a complaint. Someone said before that the problem with coming 2nd is being so close to 1st. With 3rd you’re just happy to be on podium.
Daniel had a cracking start which always helps and meant he could pit at the right times to stay ahead too. NGL Lando played a blinder and fended everyone off best he could, no taking that from him...but not sure anyone can argue that means your teammate leading the race should have to give up their first place (not what you're saying welshgirl123I know). Mclaren are avoiding a situation like Mercedes where those kind of plays breed resentment.

Everyone seems to think it was massive hype for DR but I totally saw it as massive hype and excitement for Mclaren which I think lando was pleased with. I get it's hard hearing everyone go on about Mclaren first win I 9 years when you're the driver that's been there for 3 years and a guy who has had a worse season than you smashes it one weekend and gets it...but sulking publicly isn't a good look. DR had alot to prove and I wish he'd been more vocal about praising Lando rather than saying he was just happy for him. Lando worked hard that race. Ocon sang the praises of Alonso over Hungary. Think there is still some tension between Lando and Daniel and Lando has frankly been publicly critical about him in recent weeks...now he's having to eat his words and listen to everyone praise him. That's racing though, mate. That's why we bleeping love it.

Reactions: 13

Also…
I know we hate egg here but I hope this is the start of him really trying to turn himself around.
I'll never get over him being called Egg.

I laughed when I saw the post because it just screams please like me, look I did a nice thing. He's going to have to do a lot more before I believe he's a decent guy. I will say I have seen interviews where he has taken the jokes on the chin and I think fair play to him. But he is still a liability as a driver and human.

Reactions: 13
I'll never get over him being called Egg.

I laughed when I saw the post because it just screams please like me, look I did a nice thing. He's going to have to do a lot more before I believe he's a decent guy. I will say I have seen interviews where he has taken the jokes on the chin and I think fair play to him. But he is still a liability as a driver and human.
This is literally his only option to get some positive press. Maybe he'll feel.some.love and support in Russia
Think the guy is trying to be fair...

Reactions: 2
Yeah I feel it’s a publicity stunt for some positive press because he’s being slaughtered

Reactions: 10
Been part of a few fantom in my time but oh my bleeping God, F1 fans are brutal. He's a long way off forgiveness.
In fairness he has done so much tit that it's hard to forgive him. If he isnt pulling some outrageous BS in his private live he does it on track, and vice-versa. It will be a long road for him to prove that he really changed.

Reactions: 3
In fairness he has done so much tit that it's hard to forgive him. If he isnt pulling some outrageous BS in his private live he does it on track, and vice-versa. It will be a long road for him to prove that he really changed.
That's what I saying, F1 fans do forgive and forget!! Also doesn't help he's a pay driver and is robbing someone of their place because he's funding a team. Not sure even Haas like or want him.

Reactions: 8
Daniel mentioned today he watched the Schumacher docu with a "close friend" over dinner and that they had been planning to watch it together. Do we need to speculate anything yet? :)
to be fair he said some of his best friends were in Monza and so it could be someone that’s not Michael or Blake. Plus (I think I might’ve already said this?) but unless Heidi’s got a green card if she’s in the US on a student visa she can’t leave. We just announced the border is opening to foreign nationals from the EU/UK in November. He could come in, but I’m 99% sure she couldn’t leave and then come back. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were talking again though. She’s rich enough to fly to him whenever and she gets the F1 lifestyle. It’s easy company. Not that she’s easy but you guys get what I mean LOL

Reactions: 5
to be fair he said some of his best friends were in Monza and so it could be someone that’s not Michael or Blake. Plus (I think I might’ve already said this?) but unless Heidi’s got a green card if she’s in the US on a student visa she can’t leave. We just announced the border is opening to foreign nationals from the EU/UK in November. He could come in, but I’m 99% sure she couldn’t leave and then come back. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were talking again though. She’s rich enough to fly to him whenever and she gets the F1 lifestyle. It’s easy company. Not that she’s easy but you guys get what I mean LOL
Maybe it was Scotty hahahah

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.