Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aac_124

VIP Member
McLaren apparently has a big secret that they’re trying to keep
Watching the F1 after show or whatever it’s called on YouTube and they just said something along the lines of that
LUI TO MCLAREN CONFIRMED
Insert mnz picture

• Haha
Reactions: 12

monza

VIP Member
I've only watched the first 2 episodes of DTS as I had to wait for my brother to come over after work. I think I safely say now that I would be quite happy never seeing nor hearing Karen Horner ever again! Was watching episode 2 with poor sad Danny Ric as the notification popped up on my phone to say that he's got Covid so that seemed appropriate timing.

I spend most of my day watching Bahrain testing and trying out a new sewing pattern, so I've now got this new hoodie.

View attachment 1118867

I've got some fabric in McLaren Gulf livery colours so my plan is to make myself my own version of a Gulf hoodie...just gotta decide how I want to do my colour blocking 🤔
OMG

Like I just finished all my work until monday morning. Signed off everything, turned laptop off, closed my notebook
IMG_20220311_222048.jpg

Came here and saw THIS HOODIE

Checked 5 times notebook-hoodie, notebook-hoodie... Is this what being burnt out looks like? Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart

imola

VIP Member
One last DTS rant then I‘m gonna call it a day on my DTS hate-watching experience. Jon making retching noises after Lando and him made fun of “let’s fuck shit up” was not it.

• Haha
  • Heart

imola

VIP Member
I just realized that Daniel actual has the Covid. It’s been a busy week so I’m trying to catch up on testing. I hope he’s okay for next weekend, what a bad break. :/
So I did some googling and Daniel was tested positive on Friday and according to Bahrain regulations vaccinated people can get out of quarantine on the 7th day of their quarantine without another test. So he can participate in FP1. However, I think McLaren and Daniel are smart enough to have him do another test because if he’s still positive by Friday he could be contagious and the entire team and Lando could get it as well which would cause more damage. Just hoping he’s negativ by Thursday evening 🤞🏼

For anyone who wants to fact check:https://healthalert.gov.bh/uploads/whk1vklv_yq2.pdf (Daniel is a case with green shield as he has to be fully vaccinated to work in F1)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Sc1909

VIP Member
Oh you’ve all gave me good laughs tonight and I really really need it!

I get this is a total first world problem but so frustrated and trying not to just cry. Food shopping delivery due to arrive tonight by a well known uk supermarket. It’s not appeared. Phoned and given the run around to be told we don’t know where it is. Took them 20 minutes to tell me It’s not being delivered but they’ve already took my money. It was a large shop as my littles birthday. In the order along with you know the normal weekly food shop is stuff for his birthday tea and cake for him to take into nursery.

They’ve said I’ll get my money back in a few days and just to reorder in the mean time. All great in theory but yeah they’ve got my money and I don’t get paid again til end of the week. So I can’t order til I get the refund. And even if I could order they can’t do a delivery now til after the birthday tea and for when his nursery cake would be.

Feeling like a total failure right now. I have stuff in my freezer to feed kids etc and can get some fruit locally but I just feel like crap. If it wasn’t for long covid I’d be at the shop getting it all myself. Really hard when you’re relying on a service and they totally screw you over.

I know in the realities of what’s happening in the world that this is so trivial.

• Heart

imola

VIP Member
AND he reposted it.... is that LIKE tagging her?
He’s making up for having her endure yet another golf tournament with a bunch of competitive himbos tomorrow after she’s had to listen to him being on the phone with Daniel every night these past few days. She’s going through a lot 😢

• Haha

norahgal

Ladies! I lost track of this at around #30 something (no joke)

some thought son DTS & relationships btw drivers
(I have only watched episode 4-5 and some random twitter vídeos bc there is so much DTS bullshit I can take at The time)

-The fact they had to put Yuki on Rookie training camp is hilarious. Also the team waiting patiently for him to stop swearing was just SO FUNNY I swear. I love Yuki off track and hate his anger on track but regardless he is defo the least japanese person I know.

-Russell eating sushi with a fork and a knife in the fanciest restaurant ever was a vision straight from hell. His super posh super glamorous girlfriend on the other side of the table was just 👁👄👁. I swear the lenghts of embarrasment you have to go through to have a very famous very rich bf is too much for the faint hearted.

Lando & Daniel: I think Daniel is extremely resilient. He must have had to got through a lot of dark days this year. But I also think Mclaren is very very adamant on them (lando & Daniel, but also the whole team around them) staying close together and being a support net for each other as well as the overall team being non judgmental and always supporting on everybody. Zack is also very fond on this in my opinion.I think they are activelly pushing this narrative of the maclaren family for the media but it all comes from a place of honesty and solid business ethics. I am still in awe of the maturity Lando showed after Imola. That kid wonders me in the best ways ever. He is so true to his goofy nature but shows much self restraint when he has to.

Fernando is SO GENEROUS with Esteban and it shows. I think Esteban easy going nature and Fernandos very serious chillness has created a very similar vibe in alpine as there is in mclaren.

last but definetly not least… the cringiest video from the c^2 Ferrari duo. I feel bad for leclerc, I really like him but he really is so awkward and dumb sometimes…. Like for real his only braincell was STRUGGLING here

Omg was that for real when toto was telling George he got the seat??? Like not a reenactment? Lol sorry if it’s so obvious and I’m dumb xx
I think is reenactment for narrative reasons <3

• Haha
  • Heart

buttercupblossom

Chatty Member
I'm glad they kept the Mazepin stuff so the rest of the world see, what they are. Otherwise they would argue that those were false allegations, and that poor Nikita was kick off and so on ...
It's annoying but important ( but thats my POV)
Same here, I didn't really care about Haas last season and seeing him act like this and seeing his father basically threaten the team, jaw on the floor. Yuki got so much slack because of his radio comments but I haven't really heard much about Mazepin's radio.

Btw, I don't know if you've discussed it, I'm not reading 20 pages to find out💀💀 but I'm quite sad that Kimi and his retirement got no screen time after so many seasons in F1, not that he cares, but Netflix made team principals' children more visible than a walking F1 legend.

imola

VIP Member
It’s funny how we all see it differently. My read on the whole Daniel Lando episode especially ep2 is it just highlights how much the mental health plays into the sport.

Daniel is desperate to impress and can’t understand why he’s not gelling with the car.
Lando is desperate not to be out performed by a new teammate - I think it’s easy to forgot that actually at that point he didn’t have a contract for next year (of course he’s had 2 since 🤣). He didn’t want to end up on the F1 scrap heap like stoffel. Imagine Daniel came in and did what Alonso did to stoffel? so I can see why he was paranoid. And the constant media narrative was Daniels coming in to be no1 and will beat Lando.

You could see that with how stressed out he was that Daniel outqualified him. Charlotte saying to his manager he’s saying 1 nil down already in reference to him being beat by Daniel in quali. He was being awfully hard on himself and self critical which to some meant he was being spoiled or bratty or whatever.

We all see it different though - that’s just my take. I thought it was just really interesting in showing how both they badly wanted to be on top. Your first competition is your team mate and they both know that.
I definitely see the mental health aspect, at least individually. What bothers me is how they chose to create a rivalry that exists to a degree because you always want to beat your teammate but their “rivalry” is no more than any other pairings on the grid. They could’ve chosen to show the moments where Lando and the team helped Daniel rather than having Zak say “it’s on Daniel to show his pace” because that’s also part of mental health and being a team. And we know those moments exist because they’ve all mentioned them repeatedly. The McLaren situation has been polarizing since the beginning because Daniel and Lando were met with ridiculous expectations to be this funny pairing so people already suspected something going on, this is just adding fuel to the fire when there’s obviously not even a real enemy situation as they made it out to be.

• Heart

imola

VIP Member
As it stands, I think Luisa has a really good chance of getting ahead of Lily and Cha this season

Kelly 864k
Lily 440k
Charlotte 408k
Luisa 200k
Sara 169k
Kat 151k
Tiffany 151k
Carola 85k
Isa 82k
Elena 60k
Sandra 54k
Heidi 42k