Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imola

VIP Member
Just got to the scene where a child was asking Checo to take Lewis out. That’s what young people are taking away from the season because of what is being said to media, because two teams have now respect for each other whatsoever. Let that sink in, a child asking a grown ass man to take a 7 times world champion out with his race car. A black man, nonetheless. Where is the fucking respect? What kind of an example are these people setting?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Sc1909

VIP Member
First episodes they are making Lando look like a biggest spoiled brat and Daniel as depressed one
It’s funny how we all see it differently. My read on the whole Daniel Lando episode especially ep2 is it just highlights how much the mental health plays into the sport.

Daniel is desperate to impress and can’t understand why he’s not gelling with the car.
Lando is desperate not to be out performed by a new teammate - I think it’s easy to forgot that actually at that point he didn’t have a contract for next year (of course he’s had 2 since 🤣). He didn’t want to end up on the F1 scrap heap like stoffel. Imagine Daniel came in and did what Alonso did to stoffel? so I can see why he was paranoid. And the constant media narrative was Daniels coming in to be no1 and will beat Lando.

You could see that with how stressed out he was that Daniel outqualified him. Charlotte saying to his manager he’s saying 1 nil down already in reference to him being beat by Daniel in quali. He was being awfully hard on himself and self critical which to some meant he was being spoiled or bratty or whatever.

We all see it different though - that’s just my take. I thought it was just really interesting in showing how both they badly wanted to be on top. Your first competition is your team mate and they both know that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

MissF1

VIP Member
I knew this was the next narrative. Was just waiting for the first clue.
67D4067E-5BBD-49F0-B15C-4B038CFB1AD2.png

I’m surprised the brake issues aren’t somehow her fault. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

MissF1

VIP Member
Another take away from DTS that I forgot about ... Olivia Horner giving absolutely zero shits if Max wins. 🤣🤣🤣 What a queen. My favorite Horner by far. I mean we all know she stans Seb.

• Haha
  • Heart

imola

VIP Member
hmmmmm possibly, but Lando's gonna get his dad's lawyers to write a hell of a prenup. I mean it took Sav making a Norris kid to get her ring (and love bracelets)
Also like if Kelly doesn't get a ring this year I'm gonna lose it. I know she's thirsting for it more than ever and while I think at this point she's definitely put in the work and manifesting. But something tells me max isn't gonna throw it out there so easily.
I'm still convinced it will be another baby trap. But I don't think Lu is like that. I honestly think she'd be fine with or without Lando and with or without the attention.
(ladies forgive me, I know this isn't always the case... but i can say it has been the case many many many times throughout my friend circle,.... and ahem, Jenson)

But lets be honest.... Lando is going to go down through a dark place if they break up. it would be his first big break up and we've seen how giddy and codependent he is about her. One thing I will say, I do not think he will be cheating on her (anytime soon).
I think that’s a bit harsh on Sav, Kelly and Luisa and their relationships. All three of those seem to be genuinely committed to each other and wouldn’t need to lock the men in with babies, which in general is a terrible concept so it’s not fair to say they’re doing that. Plus, it’s not like either of the girls are financially dependent on their men, they all have lovely committed relationships and move at their own pace. Especially Kelly and Max, they’re basically already a family as there is a literal child involved and I don’t think either of them would mess around with their relationship because baby P is there, Kelly doesn’t need a ring for Max to prove he’s in it. Luisa and Lando are giving giddy cute first relationship vibes so I don’t know why there’s even break up talk about them right now.

• Heart

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
That ribbon that Maz's dad was wearing in his scenes bothered me so I googled it and

"The Saint George ribbon was widely used on the uniforms of Russian soldiers in the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. "

Good riddance to those pricks. I wish they would have cut the Maz episode altogether.

• Angry
  • Sick

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
I know I missed the WAG outfit talk but I love the vintage racing jacket. I would be full fan girl wag and rock one with a sundress and sunglasses.

z8278xxo6wj41.jpg

• Heart

Knit Happens

VIP Member
I've only watched the first 2 episodes of DTS as I had to wait for my brother to come over after work. I think I safely say now that I would be quite happy never seeing nor hearing Karen Horner ever again! Was watching episode 2 with poor sad Danny Ric as the notification popped up on my phone to say that he's got Covid so that seemed appropriate timing.

I spend most of my day watching Bahrain testing and trying out a new sewing pattern, so I've now got this new hoodie.

20220311_155147.jpg

I've got some fabric in McLaren Gulf livery colours so my plan is to make myself my own version of a Gulf hoodie...just gotta decide how I want to do my colour blocking 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

BigLittleLiar

Chatty Member
I'm about to moderate a panel with god knows how many people watching over Zoom! Wish me luck - in my Natalie Pinkham (going for Naomi Schiff) era lol

• Heart

imola

VIP Member
It'll be grand in the end, start of season is going to rough for everyone because of the changes. Reliability throughout the year will hopefully be good though ☺

View attachment 1119797
I do think their car in itself is reliable (meaning the engine etc) just the cursed brakes, the lap times don’t even concern me just the lack of running they’re getting done

About the McLaren's brakes
Better than the previous days but still not perfect 😕😕

View attachment 1119800
Andreas 🤝 calm and collected words 🤝 calming me

I really don’t want to traumatize you all but

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Sc1909

VIP Member
I saw it and wanted to post it but i was like hell no 😂 Monza is definitely ready with that jumping guy 😂
Yeah same. Although I will say squids are cute. Seems like she’s sticking around in Bahrain. Surely all the golf will bore her to tears?

Thanks for all the support last night ladies. I finally managed to speak with someone today. They apologised for the complete lack of communication, are now delivering it this afternoon and have also credited my account so good outcome in the end.

• Heart