Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kubnikol

VIP Member
I'm still not a fan of his shoes with the rest of the McLaren colours. The pastel with the bright orange isn't a vibe

This is such a sweet post! Welcome aboard! You seem lovely and I'm sure we're all glad to have you here. I'm recently getting turned on to the Seb side so we have that in common too!

(Also I feel like everyone here is either European or American, and then there is me, the lonely Canadian. I'm just making myself an honorary American now so I have a group to fit into haha!)
yes those shoes don't look good 😂I'm glad that at least the helmet matches the car a bit

Reactions: 1

Pole er bear

VIP Member
THIS! Gatekeeping is annoying enough, but when you combine that with a dollop of sexism/patriarchy, it's even more aggravating! I can think of a whole list of interests I've had in my life that I felt the need to hide, sometimes even from female friends, because I just knew that people would doubt my reasons behind why I liked it. Especially since I've come off quite "girly" my whole life. I'm pretty sure I've admitted this here before but I first learnt about F1 through watching an interview with Dan where I, yes, thought he was quite handsome and had a magnetic personality, but I wouldn't be here 1.5 years later if all I cared about was "great-looking drivers."

It's just the doubting of intentions that gets to me. There are lots of reasons why someone might get into something but it usually takes a "good" reason for them to stick with it. Men's reasons for liking what they like are rarely ever questioned, it's typically only women who are forced to defend their reasoning.
I'm a girl who's childhood and early adulthood was being an athlete. I love sports in general. And only got into cycling and f1/2/3/4 after spending time in europe for periods of work. In the US I've only had people question me about F1 because they assume it's Nascar and being from the south originally, that's well, a certain type of person I am not.
Anyway horners comments are just so him in general and againnhes not wrong, but as an American, I do not see sex crazed teenage girls being nearly as into it. Plenty of other celebs here to crush on altho all that seems to have chilled out a bit. Basically horner is poking the bear and personally don't care. My reaction to abu dhabi at 4am in the US was enough to convince me its more than lusting over cute boys

• Heart

lni33

VIP Member
Alpine already confirm that they will not drive this afternoon. And Haas said that the repair of the car will took several hours so they also won't come out. No idea what is going on for AT and AM
well the Aston set on fire and Pierre crashed, I didn’t think Pierre had done much damage but it’s taking a while to fix

Emiliabrazkow

VIP Member
I dont like Nikita at all for for some reason even tho only thing he was doing is spinning around I kinda feel bad for him for possibly having his job taken away from him (yes i know he was i payed driver but still) kinda sad knowing that you lost a job because of your "nationality" dont know what other word to use

unopeia

I think a lot of the liveries look better in the real light compared to what they’ve looked in the reveals etc. I like McLaren's a lot more on track today!