Formula 1 Wags #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I had the same kind of money I’d do the same though, not gonna lie about that, I think everyone would try to make the most amount of money possible given the chance
Oh for sure that's what people do. Others like Bill Gates set up 'foundations' where at least they give the money away to, well, mostly, legit means.
I work in the world of Art, and that's another fun way to hide your money/make money.
Point is this is just another thing that I think people 'miss' when they think about lando... such a cute quirky guy in his hoodies....
but yeah, no, lando went from 1 million, to 4 million, to now 10 million on McLaren money alone.... his move in monaco guaranteed was planned the moment that 10 million was negotiated this year, and it just so happens to coincide right before that contract year starts (when he gets to the factory for the reveal).
Its not a bad thing by any means, but to me it puts him at a level of guy who will do any and everything possible to protect and properly use money to suit him
Personally I'd really like to see him do something with in in a foundation in the future... like was announced by Lewis. People who build that kind of wealth and influence of not being an evil asshole can use it for good. So really until I see Lando doing something like that, he's still just a spoiled little rich kid who will always have that air about him no matter how 'fun' he seems.

they didn't have to wear a mask for USA GP ☺ you can see Mick without a mask. he wears it 99% of his time to protect his dad. ☺they have some rules and I think they don't have to wear it for the parade but someone just wears it ☺
It saddens me that the Texas state law at US GP, and the Florida state laws at the Miami circuit are unfortunately how the US is represented for hosting F1. Great places for tracks, but horrible states in general to represent America as whole through their 'values'

Reactions: 5
Oh for sure that's what people do. Others like Bill Gates set up 'foundations' where at least they give the money away to, well, mostly, legit means.
I work in the world of Art, and that's another fun way to hide your money/make money.
Point is this is just another thing that I think people 'miss' when they think about lando... such a cute quirky guy in his hoodies....
but yeah, no, lando went from 1 million, to 4 million, to now 10 million on McLaren money alone.... his move in monaco guaranteed was planned the moment that 10 million was negotiated this year, and it just so happens to coincide right before that contract year starts (when he gets to the factory for the reveal).
Its not a bad thing by any means, but to me it puts him at a level of guy who will do any and everything possible to protect and properly use money to suit him
Personally I'd really like to see him do something with in in a foundation in the future... like was announced by Lewis. People who build that kind of wealth and influence of not being an evil asshole can use it for good. So really until I see Lando doing something like that, he's still just a spoiled little rich kid who will always have that air about him no matter how 'fun' he seems.
i mean he does a lot for mind and he did charity for covid relief so i think when he does reach a certain level of wealth (because he's nowhere near lewis at this point) he'd probably do something similar

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think Lando is just starting to build his “empire” he’s already started with his karting and there are so many avenues he could take. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
i mean he does a lot for mind and he did charity for covid relief so i think when he does reach a certain level of wealth (because he's nowhere near lewis at this point) he'd probably do something similar
So his partnership with 'Mind' is because McLaren has a partnership with them... and let's be honest Lando's mental health problems do not come close to the spectrum of issues out there. I agree he had a lot to deal with, and probably still does anxiety and stresswise as an F1 driver. But all the fan girls who reach out to him like praising him for speaking about mental health and stuff, well I mean he is kinda still doing it for a brand and an employer. But again that is why i'd like to see him do things with HIS money, not just his celebrity appearance (which i mean he still is getting paid for or getting free screentime for his brand for).

Reactions: 1
So his partnership with 'Mind' is because McLaren has a partnership with them... and let's be honest Lando's mental health problems do not come close to the spectrum of issues out there. I agree he had a lot to deal with, and probably still does anxiety and stresswise as an F1 driver. But all the fan girls who reach out to him like praising him for speaking about mental health and stuff, well I mean he is kinda still doing it for a brand and an employer. But again that is why i'd like to see him do things with HIS money, not just his celebrity appearance (which i mean he still is getting paid for or getting free screentime for his brand for).
everyone's mental health struggles are valid, i wouldn't class them as "lesser" issues because they still are issues and no matter how "small" they can mess with you a lot. and imo he actually does deserve praise for speaking out on it, whether it was his choice or not, because that's just not done as an f1 driver because of all the toxic masculinity. even recently max said he wouldn't talk about it if he had struggles so lando really is the first one to raise awareness on a bigger scale, whether it's just lando or mclaren as a team.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Lando is just starting to build his “empire” he’s already started with his karting and there are so many avenues he could take. 😁
Agree. I guess since I'm also a cycling fan, I've seen what Tadej Pogacar has done with his money. He went back to his home town and started supporting his youth cycling program basically buying them equipment and getting kids what they needed to get into cycling. Like all with his winnings and endorsement money, and he's 23. He also lives in Monaco, and is the highest paid cyclist out there (which is peanuts compared to F1). Anyway point being, Tadej still makes a ton, dominates his sport, still has some sketchy UAE things and what not, but at least his charities are doing so good for people out there. He also has done random fundraiser for blood cancer by auctioning off his own jerseys/autographs. None of that was a deal with UAE, it was his personal money and goods.
So I would just like to see Lando do more of that stuff. To me there is a point where there is enough millions... you can have and use that to have a good life your entire life and do things with the rest of it. Lando hasn't done any of that, but I hope he will rather than just keep building it for more personal wealth. Like maybe he should start a karting team to help kids without money get into karting, rather than just selling a kart with his name on it

• Heart
Reactions: 1
everyone's mental health struggles are valid, i wouldn't class them as "lesser" issues because they still are issues and no matter how "small" they can mess with you a lot. and imo he actually does deserve praise for speaking out on it, whether it was his choice or not, because that's just not done as an f1 driver because of all the toxic masculinity. even recently max said he wouldn't talk about it if he had struggles so lando really is the first one to raise awareness on a bigger scale, whether it's just lando or mclaren as a team.
definitely he deserves the praise for it, especially as a driver because none of them had really done it before. Im not against him doing it... id just like to see him like get involved personally with it more if he was passionate about helping people out there who do really need it. But ultimately I think its hard to assume his mental health is totally relatable at this point when he's with a gorgeous model living it up in Dubai and moving to monaco with a fat salary. yes a lot goes on behind the scenes we will never know... I just hope he continues to speak out about it, rather than just when it came up with mclaren sponsorship because so many do look to him as someone brave enough to speak out. so here's to hoping he keeps speaking, on his own about it

Reactions: 3
I think sometimes we also forget that we don't know the lives of these people and that there is a lot of these rich/famous etc that does charity and is not necessarily advertised to the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.