Formula 1 Wags #212 When Wags Merge in Miami

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t you guys think it makes sense from a marketing pov though? Which is what actually counts when it comes to sponsors and viewership. For some ungodly reason, people actually follow these women and pay attention to what they do and what they post, even just where they are generally. So if they bring attention to it, then for f1 academy it can only be a good thing. It sucks, but I understand it
Personally, no. Unless Alexandra, Kika, Rebecca and Carmen suddenly go on a campaign to actively promote F1 Academy and its drivers consistently on their social media accounts, I don't think this will have a significant impact. It's why I also disagree with F1 Academy / Tommy Hilfiger getting Kendall Jenner to make an appearance too. Convincing people to watch F1 Academy will take a lot more than some influencers and even real celebrities showing up to be photographed. It's very shallow publicity that doesn't engage with their audiences.

I think F1 Academy should do what Formula E has done, which is pay various content creators like Lissie and Matt & Tommy to attend races and make diverse content about it (like Lissie's TikToks and the P1 Twitch livestreams) over a period of time.

I saw where he was commenting during a stream and he was like... yeah its fun, when you are actually there. sounded kinda pissed he missed it but if @matto theory is correct I believe they may have told some family and friends last week (thus the flowers)
I'm not seeing her drink at her lunches or anywhere else either
Eh, I watched that stream live, he didn't really sound pissed to me. I think Max just sounds like that in general when he's answering random questions people ask him on Twitch.

Ngl, I hope the rumours aren't true but the more we see of Kelly (and her baggier clothes and her holding her bag in front of her stomach)... I fear it may be. I have a soft spot for Max and Kelly as a couple and I lowkey root for them, but I'm just having a hard time imagining Max as a father, especially when he's away from home more than half a year and it would make Kelly baby mama to another guy who won't marry her. I know there's the sentiment that marriage is just a piece of paper, etc, but imo it's more than that legally and financially... and Kelly seems like she'd enthusiastically say yes if Max asked. I think pregnancy and a baby would fundamentally change (and challenge) their relationship a lot too. Maybe I'm not giving Max's maturity enough credit though

I do want to add here that I appreciate both
Bernie Collins (aston strat) on Sky from last season and Ruth Buscombe on F1TV (Sauber strat) have been REALLY refreshing and informative. I know a lot more about tires then I ever thought I could
I don't watch Sky anymore, but Ruth has been amazing on F1TV! She fits right into the crew, is very charismatic to me, and has so much recent firsthand knowledge about strategy

Reactions: 9
I do want to add here that I appreciate both
Bernie Collins (aston strat) on Sky from last season and Ruth Buscombe on F1TV (Sauber strat) have been REALLY refreshing and informative. I know a lot more about tires then I ever thought I could
---
I don't watch Sky anymore, but Ruth has been amazing on F1TV! She fits right into the crew, is very charismatic to me, and has so much recent firsthand knowledge about strategy
Ruth is giving so many interesting details - I am now watching post sprint show - that I will rewatch FP1 (FP1!) that she was commentating yesterday because in the end I watched it live with Sky audio #forJNSNalways

Reactions: 3
I don't watch Sky anymore,
Neither do I. but I did last year and she was a lot like ruth, this year happy she is at more races.
also they are both gorgeous women and love their outfits as well (it is possible!)

Reactions: 1
im sure theyre nice girls in real life

1714845087528.png

but they look like they would invite me to a sorority party and then make a plot to spike my drink and embarass me

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ignore the... dress... but kudos for her not following the trend shoes 😂
View attachment 2915191
and this woman cycled Paris Roubaix, lets not forget!

and she is literally experiencing and going through a rise of a female edition of discipline that was used to be reserved for men, as female cycling is getting more and more attention, what seemed impossible even 10 years ago

hope she will be invited for F1 Academy event too

• Heart
but they look like they would invite me to a sorority party and then make a plot to spike my drink and embarass me
I think majority of the wags would do that. And then they'd spike each other's drinks. The last one standing wins. :sneaky:

im sure theyre nice girls in real life

View attachment 2915190

is anyone predicting tiktoks with Charlotte Tilbury's products like I do?
(with all due respect of course, I use her cream eyeshadow all the time:LOL:)

Don’t you guys think it makes sense from a marketing pov though? Which is what actually counts when it comes to sponsors and viewership. For some ungodly reason, people actually follow these women and pay attention to what they do and what they post, even just where they are generally. So if they bring attention to it, then for f1 academy it can only be a good thing. It sucks, but I understand it
Yeah my marketing brain also says it makes sense that they are using influencers, especially since their target audience seems to be young girls right now. However, in the long term, to be taken seriously they should not be so obvious with this tactic in my opinion. Inviting influencers/wags to the paddock for the race makes sense to me, 100%
But idk, the focus they put on them might not be ideal in the long term. The way they seem to be marketing it is not what most people want to see, people want supportive, strong, racing-focused women. Using solely influencers, models and wags screams “pink-it-and-shrink-it” to me (which is what the NFL did when they brought out their first ever female merchandise, it was sized down, pink and glittery, did not go over well :p)
I might be wrong, I hope for them I’m wrong, I’d love to see them grow huge and successful 🫶🏼

Reactions: 6
someone find a way to send this to alonso, because he desperately needs some quiet and peace by himself

View attachment 2915208
was that a melissa interview?
---
Yeah my marketing brain also says it makes sense that they are using influencers, especially since their target audience seems to be young girls right now. However, in the long term, to be taken seriously they should not be so obvious with this tactic in my opinion. Inviting influencers/wags to the paddock for the race makes sense to me, 100%
But idk, the focus they put on them might not be ideal in the long term. The way they seem to be marketing it is not what most people want to see, people want supportive, strong, racing-focused women. Using solely influencers, models and wags screams “pink-it-and-shrink-it” to me (which is what the NFL did when they brought out their first ever female merchandise, it was sized down, pink and glittery, did not go over well :p)
I might be wrong, I hope for them I’m wrong, I’d love to see them grow huge and successful 🫶🏼
this was said much better than me but, exactly
to me screams they may be running into trouble and want fast cash now

Reactions: 2
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 2.01.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 2.04.05 PM.png

IDK if anyone else follows tennis / tennis WAGs but of course Morgan Riddle is kissing up to any Formula 1 WAGs and influencers who will give her time of day. She makes every Formula WAG look as private and discrete as Lily Z. The biggest clout chaser in sports. Y'all would have a field day with her 😂 Hannah St. John follows her (and Paige Lorenze) and likes a lot of their content–that says a lot about her own aspirations for when Liam makes it into F1.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 2915216View attachment 2915218

IDK if anyone else follows tennis / tennis WAGs but of course Morgan Riddle is kissing up to any Formula 1 WAGs and influencers who will give her time of day. She makes every Formula WAG look as private and discrete as Lily Z. The biggest clout chaser in sports. Y'all would have a field day with her 😂 Hannah St. John follows her (and Paige Lorenze) and likes a lot of their content–that says a lot about her own aspirations for when Liam makes it into F1.
yeah we discovered her on the first page sorry last page last thread. seems better than the f1 wags at least with knowledge of the sport and sharing some actual parts of behind the scenes life
but shes a marketing machine

Reactions: 1
I think I'm more afraid of the fact that instead of young girls being excited about racing and driving, they're going to be misled by this form of advertising and purely want to get into racing by imagining that it will be the equivalent to being a random influencer- who live in a world where everything's easy and shiny. Especially when we look at the focus on wags, I feel like they're taking advantage of those young fangirls who have a liking towards certain drivers, and by doing that they're indeed getting attention (which is what they want so good for them) but in the minds of those they're influencing, they're going to believe that if they get into racing as girls, it will be smooth sailing and they may be even be able to spark up a relationship with people/drivers involved in and around F1- which is clearly not the case and not what needs to happen for the progress of F1 Academy and women's racing. Using the wrong people gives off the wrong message- its common knowledge- being close to someone whose involved in F1 (like the influencers/wags promoting) and actually being in racing, are two different things.
Using these people to promote F1 Academy may get them the attention they want and deserve, but not the right kind and not in the right way.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.