Formula 1 Wags #212 When Wags Merge in Miami

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
P4 #justice4Heidi!! 😂
---
This is seriously embarrassing and only make F1 academy like a joke. Instead of the F1 team actually doing something to promote it, they invite freaking wags?! Are they for real?
Where is eyeroll reaction emoji, Tattle???

adding this after a thought: no, I don;t want to be a hater, but honestly, this is not it, makes no sense. like how can Rebecca and Alex promote F1 Academy a) if one has a private profle and other is only posting around races when it can be somehow tied to Carlos, b) none of them is known from their own achievements but because of who they date (I am not saying they do not have their own personal achievements or that being known has somehow more value, I just mean that them being known somehow is strictly related to who they date)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Trash track, trash sprint, it's gonna be a trash race tomorrow. My zen is obliterated.
---
Hamilton drive-through penalty. 20 seconds.
---
Did Daniel bark? I'm so sorry to his fans but I'm not one of them, I'm keeping my mouth shut for karma <3

Reactions: 3
Getting a drive through penalty for speeding and not for crashing is ridiculous 🤣

Reactions: 5
1714841400409.png

susie, my respect for you is going down just a teeny tiny bittt

Reactions: 2
It doesn't change my general feeling about Daniel this season, but I am happy for him, in the interview he looks relieved and 5 years younger
---
This is just so so wrong and it's pissing me off badly. It's sending so many wrong messages about women in motorsport, I can't understand how Susie can think this was a good idea at all.
I don;t want to be a hater, but honestly, this is not it, makes no sense. like how can Rebecca and Alex promote F1 Academy a) if one has a private profle and other is only posting around races when it can be somehow tied to Carlos, b) none of them is known from their own achievements but because of who they date (I am not saying they do not have their own personal achievements or that being known has somehow more value, I just mean that them being known is strictly related to who they date)

Reactions: 7
It doesn't change my general feeling about Daniel this season, but I am happy for him, in the interview he looks relieved and 5 years younger
---

I don;t want to be a hater, but honestly, this is not it, makes no sense. like how can Rebecca and Alex promote F1 Academy a) if one has a private profle and other is only posting around races when it can be somehow tied to Carlos, b) none of them is known from their own achievements but because of who they date (I am not saying they do not have their own personal achievements or that being known has somehow more value, I just mean that them being known is strictly related to who they date)
I don't care if someone calls me a hater, but shame of F1Academy, shame on Susie, shame on Ferrari (as pretty sure they are involved) and shame on those two as well (and no, it's not like they had to say yes, or else, they should also have their own free will and use their brains and not just do stuff they wouldn't agree with, but of course self promotion is more important).
(I'm having Isa flashbacks again. Women in motorsport my ass.)

Reactions: 6
This is seriously embarrassing and only make F1 academy like a joke. Instead of the F1 team actually doing something to promote it, they invite freaking wags?! Are they for real?
I would be SOOOOOO pissed if this is how they chose to market me as a driver
---
View attachment 2915069

susie, my respect for you is going down just a teeny tiny bittt
its fine
they are ALL wags
but at least we know what the follows were for now
---
So we've got
Susie who made buddies and photo ops with Becky and Alex (and a Jenner)
Carmen who got F1 Academy swag while spending the day picking out jewelry
Lissie doing the same while dressing in a little clothing as possible
And Kika hanging out with them on the beach doing pilates
Its all susie's organization who is doing this and yeah, its a little ick for me too but whatever lets just hope it makes it another year

Last edited:
I don't care if someone calls me a hater, but shame of F1Academy, shame on Susie, shame on Ferrari (as pretty sure they are involved) and shame on those two as well (and no, it's not like they had to say yes, or else, they should also have their own free will and use their brains and not just do stuff they wouldn't agree with, but of course self promotion is more important).
(I'm having Isa flashbacks again. Women in motorsport my ass.)
it is even worse when you try to compare it to real life situations - assuming my job is similarly male dominated as motorsport (it is not, but still men are majority and there is a whole area of problems caused by patriarchy, like it is almost everywhere. the amount of bs I still need to fight about with men of my profession who are LESS qualified than me is tiring)
I cannot imagine that to promote something that I do, my job, the place I work for invites wives or girlfriends of guys who do the same job.

women supporting women is one thing. and I of course applaud that. But it is more nuanced in this case and it just rubs me the wrong way. And it doesn;t matter if it is Rebecca, Alex or if it would be any other wag. actually apart from only two.

why not invite Lily and Tiffany who are -guess what - female ATHLETES in disciplines also mostly associated with men. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Last edited:
1714843148627.png

---
Max was invited to the Kingsday antics but decided not to go 😅
I saw where he was commenting during a stream and he was like... yeah its fun, when you are actually there. sounded kinda pissed he missed it but if @matto theory is correct I believe they may have told some family and friends last week (thus the flowers)
I'm not seeing her drink at her lunches or anywhere else either

SO disappointing that F1 Academy is courting the WAGs and giving them opportunities (and PR packages worth hundreds) that could've gone to actual women in motorsport or female F1 content creators. I don't have a problem with most of the WAGs in general, but this was not it. The vast majority of them wouldn't watch/follow F1-much less actually pay for race tickets out of their own pockets–if they weren't dating drivers, nevermind F1 Academy. If I was a driver or worked in motorsport as a woman-if I put in the work and endured the biases-I'd feel some type of way about the girlfriends of drivers just waltzing in and doing this.

• Heart
it is even worse when you try to compare it to real life situations - assuming my job is similarly male dominated as motorsport (it is not, but still men are majority and there is a whole area of problems caused by patriarchy, like it is almost everywhere. the amount of bs I still need to fight about with men of my profession who are LESS qualified than me is tiring)
I cannot imagine that to promote something that I do, my job, the place I work for invites wives or girlfriends of guys who do the same job.
You are so right. This is a great example and definitely giving even worse perspective in this. So wrong. :(

Reactions: 2
Don’t you guys think it makes sense from a marketing pov though? Which is what actually counts when it comes to sponsors and viewership. For some ungodly reason, people actually follow these women and pay attention to what they do and what they post, even just where they are generally. So if they bring attention to it, then for f1 academy it can only be a good thing. It sucks, but I understand it

SO disappointing that F1 Academy is courting the WAGs and giving them opportunities (and PR packages worth hundreds) that could've gone to actual women in motorsport or female F1 content creators. I don't have a problem with most of the WAGs in general, but this was not it. The vast majority of them wouldn't watch/follow F1-much less actually pay for race tickets out of their own pockets–if they weren't dating drivers, nevermind F1 Academy. If I was a driver or worked in motorsport as a woman-if I put in the work and endured the biases-I'd feel some type of way about the girlfriends of drivers just waltzing in and doing this.
I do want to add here that I appreciate both
Bernie Collins (aston strat) on Sky from last season and Ruth Buscombe on F1TV (Sauber strat) have been REALLY refreshing and informative. I know a lot more about tires then I ever thought I could
---
Don’t you guys think it makes sense from a marketing pov though? Which is what actually counts when it comes to sponsors and viewership. For some ungodly reason, people actually follow these women and pay attention to what they do and what they post, even just where they are generally. So if they bring attention to it, then for f1 academy it can only be a good thing. It sucks, but I understand it
Im torn on this, but ultimately I think its a horrible idea and against what it seemed they were trying to do with the 'academy' over 'w' series
in US we had a female college basketball player who made a ton of young fans because of her talent. Her name is 'Caitlin Clark' and now because of her skill and talent, she is attracting fans (men and women alike) all of the country to see her play pro. they could barely fill gyms and now they have to move the games to accommodate all the people buying tickets. She just played her first game and was a complete star and leader. Its incredible to see how one good athlete can do that
so really I hope its the same for the academy.
unfortunately you need development in motorsport and it takes more than a basketball court to do it in. So really they need the academy to be successful enough to give a return on the investors and maybe they can get a star that will permanently attract people.
that said they are going straight for women, and really it should be to everyone not just women.
In the case of Caitlin Clark they went after Basketball Fans and youth. they didn't try to make it just about girls or females and ultimately that's what elevated it

Last edited:
The problem is that majority of the wag fans don't care about racing. They love F1 drivers for their looks and feel somehow obligated to love their girlfriends and suck up to them. But only when those girlfriends are pretty, preferably models, who posts a lot of me me me pictures. There is a good reason why Tiffany doesn't have these kind of fans. And these fans don't give a f** about racing in F1 Academy either, they are not going to watch this for F1 wags. They might follow some of those girls, but again, only the pretty ones who are active on social media (just for the reference, look at how many followers Doriane or Abbi have vs. how many lets say Bianca has, while Doriane or Abbi are obviously the more successful one). You can see how much they defended Bianca after her ableism fiasco, how she couldn't be a bad person because she is so nice and beautiful.
It's really such a sad situation that once again they handled really terribly.

I know what you mean and I would agree, but none of them is having a particularly strong presence online. apart from people who follow gossip they are not particularly known and if they are, it's as girlfriends. it is still some promotion, that I agree is needed for F1 Academy, but actually women and girls who are interested in motorsport already know about it and if the goal is to promote it to broader audience there are so many famous women around the paddock in Miami whose support would be more visible and create more buzz.

I know that it might be a prelude of course, because it is just Saturday - If Susie brings Serena and Venus or Lindsey Vonn to promote F1Academy I will look at the situation differently* :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
wtf.

1714844256717.png

Have the wags formed their own United Nations, after that Charlotte Tillbury party????
and wtf are they both wearing

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.