Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SophiaL123

Chatty Member
Has she done racist things recently? Engaged with racist content as an adult? Was found to treat people based on their race? When we treat people and their mistakes as permanent and continue to hold it over them–why should people bother growing as people will never believe them? There is less incentive to be open to changing your mind. People can grow and change from who they were and what they believed in as teenagers. Yes, including people who have biases like that. And people who used to hold much more extreme views.

And it's not as though the way people on Instagram "critique" her behaviour (aka spamming "racist" in comment sections) is constructive and invites room for growth, learning, nuance, reflection and change. Many just want an excuse to hate Alex because she came in after their beloved Charlotte and because Alex is more private on social media and they can't live vicariously through her with boyfriend Charles content. Worshipping WAGs is strange, but so is hating them to that degree (grasping onto one tweet from many years ago, for wearing leather shoes, etc) and holding them to a standard that they likely don't hold their favourite drivers, celebrities, family, friends and even themselves too. Maybe Alex hasn't actually changed her views–but many hate her to the point where they can't even consider that as a possibility.

Many of the same fans calling her racist are Max / Lestappen fans even though he's done and said many more problematic things recently as an adult. Not to mention how Charles barely gets any critique for recently unfollowing a Palestinian issues account and being friends with Noah S compared to what Alex gets for a single old tweet like. I would love to know which perfect celebrities with perfect pasts these people are fans of.

(and side note, I could personally see Alex, who's part Mexican, developing internalized racism growing up in whiter areas in Monaco and France)

As for the retirement thing... Rich person who grew up in wealth has conservative views isn't groundbreaking. Alex's mistake was liking political things on a public account. F1 itself is elitist–many drivers are blatant tax evaders themselves. Most drivers and other public F1 figures just have the PR training to stfu about their views.

And this pains me as someone who actually dislikes Alex's vibes... there is a double standard. People can make excuses for, explain the questionable behavior (or criticize and move on soon after) of their favourites, but disliking someone makes it very easy to no longer see them as a nuanced person. Another WAG example is Tiffany Cromwell who's almost universally liked on social media–including on this forum– when she more recently as an adult liked questionable content.. Alex is not the WAG with the most questionable recent behavior, she doesn't have the most followers (not by a longshot)– yet she receives the most negativity and scrutiny on gossip pages. What's going on now mostly has to do with her dating Charles–the dreamiest guy in F1–in particular
Completely agree with the points you are making
I do think she has made it difficult for herself and shown a lack of maturity and/or improvement by deleting any comment on it straight after people found the tweet
And I think it was Andrea (?) that responded to wag pages basically saying Alex wasn’t racist because she was Mexican and therefore cannot be racist? 😂 which is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

and I also definitely don’t like Alex’s vibes at all, I do agree that the girl can’t do anything right and I wouldn’t know how to act anymore either
---
I’m sorry that happened to you. That sucks.

One of my points is that people who gossip online, despite the moral superiority that can easily creep in, can be (and often are) mean to other women too. Not that having a laugh or poking fun at someone’s content (or criticizing genuinely sketchy behaviour)is automatically bullying–but there are times when gossiping can become more mean spirited. It's very easy for to admit when other people have been awful to us. But one of my other points is that it’s worth considering the times when we haven’t been nice to other people–IRL and online–who didn’t necessarily deserve it. And all of this isn’t directed at any particular comment or particular person on Tattle. I'd also hope the WAGs aren't hung up on the gossip since they're travelling the world, getting freebies, and making easy influencer money.

Anyways–

In other news, Tommy Hilfiger featured Carmen and George in another post

I like the varsity jacket Carmen is wearing, but have more mixed feelings about the loafers and the billowy pants she paired it with. Whenever I see the prices of her Tommy pieces on her style Instagram page, I always do a double take. I usually don't get sticker shock when it comes to fashion–but I used to associate this brand with the outlet store in my mall. George and Carmen's "aesthetic" does make sense for Tommy Hilfiger though and I'm sure their fans will love the couple content. Though American Vintage probably isn't too happy that their "ambassador" is working with another clothing brand and wearing Tommy Hilfiger more than them.

I'm most curious about how much Carmen is getting paid. I really wish someone with more initiative than me would go incognito as a PR person and email the WAGs to ask about their rates.
Yeah I was thinking about that as well actually, how I sometimes feel not guilty but also not great about how I talk about some of these women sometimes and I realised I do it more when I’m not having a great moment myself, so that’s not good

HOWEVER

I do still think it’s fun to poke fun at these clearly out-of-touch people who think too much of themselves and are the absolute epitome of main-character-syndrome, I mean did you see Carmens Q&A? 😂

But yes, my conclusion is that self reflection is always a positive thing, but disliking people who are clearly not living in the real world is also not a bad thing as long as we aren’t completely irrational and hateful, which I don’t feel we are 🫶🏼

anyway back to F1! ✌🏼
Anyone going to any races this year? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

pastafasta

VIP Member
On today's wag show:
Flavy reveals Esteban is so incompetent that he cannot even make himself some scrambled eggs with avocado. :sneaky: (Or Flavy thinks preparing THIS is somehow a flex)
Carmen once again brags about her "perfect breakfast" with intact coffee art even in half empty mug.
Stay tuned for more.
1706440252738.png
1706440355107.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

alnfitzg

VIP Member
I just came here to post this and saying I hate when Will does that as it makes me anxious AF as it is unverifiable later what he meant. Whatever happens he can later say that it was what he meant :rolleyes:

This is
IMG_1648.jpeg

all over again

• Haha

Pole er bear

VIP Member
So I don't know how I missed that Bahrain now owns 100% of McLaren
Screenshot_20240131_232834_Chrome.jpg

Does this mean Lando gets the big yacht this year? Or like can Oscar get his yacht too?

• Haha
  • Wow

90sgirl

VIP Member
Yeah apparently the teams are really going to struggle logistically this year with their sea cargo with everything that’s going on in the Red Sea so they are gonna have to fly out a lot of it which isn’t cheap 😬

• Sad

monza

VIP Member
This Carmen q&a for me is a bigger torture than Lando and Luisa building mclaren lego

Holy fuck, the audacity that girl has is impossible

• Haha

savvy2607

long term lerker, first time replying.. throughout the pre-season we have seen Toto with George a lot...but not with Lewis.. im starting to wonder if they knew that there was a possibility of Lewis leaving, and Toto is promising and preparing George to be number one driver this year

• Wow

Pole er bear

VIP Member
He raced the same type of car last year! But definitely tough to hop right in!
Ah that's right!
Also
PATO Made for a lovely evening.

---
I love him and he kicked so much ass and he's single so we gotta a free slag somewhere out there!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Louanne

VIP Member
DTS was announced weeks ago ... I remember it cos it's the day before my birthday, so like a little gift from Netflix ❤
IMG_3053.jpeg

• Heart

pastafasta

VIP Member
Wow Carmen, can you be even more obvious with your untagged ad clothes? :rolleyes:
1705687399895.png

---
VistaJet flight is scheduled back to Bologna tomorrow morning. Although that would probably be just Junior as Senior is going back to Madrid. 🤨

Last edited:
  • Haha

pastafasta

VIP Member
EW MAGUI.. 🤢 This is disgusting trend! 🤮 At this point, I'm thinking she wants to be pregnant.
Agrees. What the f* is wrong with her?
Guys, I saw on one ig gossip page someone found pics of that guy who is with Carlos and Guzman in the mountains. It would be too good to be true, so I will wait patiently I promise, really, but Carlos please at least show us him once
Oh yeah. I mean, he'd have to show him off at some point. 🤣
---
Oh and in the world of gossip pages. Apparently it was found out (by blocking the main account methodology) that some wags are reading gossip pages from their side accounts. Like Kika and Rebecca. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes: