Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
I’m not so sure about McLaren. Zak is money and sponsor obsessed - no one is more conducive to that than Lewis. I’m not saying they’d break either drivers contract, but if one of theirs was up and he came calling I think they’d give him the time of day. Red Bull is a different story, they historically have never had 2 top drivers
No sorry, I still don't think McLaren would let either Norris or Piastri go willingly if they wanted to stay just for the sake of having Lewis back for a year or so. McLaren are not stupid, they know what they have in their current line-up.

I know people love to characterise Zak as only caring about money and sponsors but that's not really true, he is an ex-racer, a team owner in his own right outside of McLaren, and a massive motorsports lover at heart, and has put a hell of a lot into resurrecting McLaren from where they were in 2017 - which is where the whole money and sponsor-obsessed meme comes from. I will never understand what is supposedly so bad about getting so many sponsors on board, especially as he has openly talked about why they choose to go for multiple sponsors rather than a title sponsor for the present, after what happened to them previously, but F1 fans are just weird quite honestly in what they choose to go for someone about. He does what he believes is best for the team and I honestly don't beleive that he would think that would be Lewis in place of either Norris or Piastri, any more than I think Ferrari would willingly have parted with Leclerc for Lewis. No team can build around Lewis anymore as the possibility of him choosing to up and leave the sport at any moment is far too high. I can't see any top team taking a risk when they already have an excellent pairing in place. Sainz is a different story because it's clear he was never really seen by Ferrari as their 'future'.

If one of Norris or Piastri chose to leave however, meaning McLaren were forced to find a replacement, then that would be a different story and yes I could definitely see them taking Lewis back for a year or two in that scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

hello2723

VIP Member
😂 😂
Okay so I was wrong, he's not holding out!

This actually makes me excited for this season because I don't think he would have extended without being convinced they have found something this year to at least keep them at the sharp end of the grid. Which means he's probably seen the data coming out of the windtunnel. There's too much positivity coming out of McLaren right now, especially given how cagey they usually are. It's making me a little nervous, but in a good way!
Was just about to say that, makes me very interested in what McLarens sim/wind tunnel numbers are saying 😅

Aurora79

Mercedes will go for Alex, surely. Then Antonelli to Williams if he copes in f2. That would work nicely
Would love to see Alex in a Merc. He really impressed last season and has matured since his RB days so would love to see what he could do in a decent car!

90sgirl

VIP Member
That picture is from the day he hung out with Lando and Martin. It’s the same Bill’s jersey from the photo Martin posted on his story.

IMG_9418.jpeg

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
Will be interesting to see the dynamics within Merc and Ferrari this season too. Especially in Merc knowing their driver is going to a direct rival.
McLaren have to be watching all this going on with a bit of a wry smile, just glad the drama doesn't involve them or their drivers this time! (please please please let that damn car be good out of the gate for once 🙏)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
So here's a fun one for those who love a good conspiracy theory to play with.

Some people in a discord I'm in noticed that Hamsteress doesn't follow Magui's public insta account. but that she does follow Magui's private - I had no idea this even existed before people brought it up in the discord so you may know about it already and I'm late to the party so apologies if it's old news. Anyway, if you search the word Magui in Hamsteress's follows you'll find it. Clearly they know each other better than people realised. May explain how Magui found it so easy to get into Lando's friend group, if she already knew Hamsteress and by default Hamster. Some people in the discord are also now suggesting the Hamsteress engineered this whole Lando/Magui situation. Thought I'd dump the info here for the detectives to have at it ;)

Last edited:

thepinky

I'm procrastinating and spent too long on Instagram, but at least there's been a lot going on today in WAGland. No one asked... but here's a summary and my 2 cents

First it started with people trying to cancel Alex again. This time, it was because she wore leather shoes. When people started pointing out that pretty much every WAG wears animal products, they started half-heartedly going after the other WAGs too. I'm sure they've always cared about this topic, have always criticized their favourite drivers and celebrities for wearing animal products too, and they personally don't eat or consume animal products.

(And IMO, the stance that faux leathers and faux furs are better than real animal products is one I have mixed feelings about. Aside from the hypocrisy of meateaters holding this stance (when the meat/dairy industry is just as cruel), the vast majority of faux leathers and faux furs are made out of plastics that are of inferior quality so they'll fall apart and end up in a landfill faster, and there's the whole microplastics issue. so it's more complicated but many people are incapable of nuance)

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.25.30 AM.png

(Side note: critiques of Kelly's more recent problematic views: valid, dragging on that one tweet Alex liked as a teenager: not so valid. It only became a "scandal" because Charles' fangirls kept searching for a reason to justify their hatred of her and finally found it)

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 7.27.16 AM.png

And then there was more valid criticism/gossip which was that on Alex's TikTok where she features some pricy Rene Caovilla boots (that I suspect were gifted to her from the brand due to her Charles connection), someone commented telling her she should disclose her ads. Apparently she replied that it wasn't an ad, deleted her comment, and blocked the user before they could take a full screenshot. They provided some evidence (they showed their comment on her video with a missing reply, and that she blocked them), but it doesn't 100% prove it. I could see it happening though.

(I'm leaning more towards it not being a paid ad and Alex fishing for more luxury gifts. If it were a paid ad, I'd hope Alex would do more than caption it "posted for the shoes" and not even tag or mention the brand lol. These people really overestimate Alex's clout and reach. The F1 WAG gossip world is still pretty niche. They were convinced that The Louvre (yes, The Louvre) paid Alex because she shared one of their posts on her art account. Luxury brands like Rene Caovilla will send out PR gifts (they also sent shoes to Kelly a while back), but they're pickier about who they do actual paid partnerships with. I don't know if a well known and established luxury brand like Rene Caovilla would want to actually pay Alex for that TikTok, when there are bigger and more established influencers (with a track record of actually converting luxury ads into sales) they could work with. So that's why I'm team fishing for freebies.)

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 9.23.33 AM.png

In other fashion news, Kelly is at Couture Week and she looked amazing at the Elie Saab show. Great hair, makeup, and outfit. Imo a lot of her past fashion week looks were... Like I get it wasn't not entirely her doing because influencers pick from the a limited selection of clothes provided by the brand... but still

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 12.10.55 PM.png

Shortly after Flavy's studying story, it was discovered that Carmen's story about doing leg day was actually taken days before lol

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.32.41 PM.png

Carmen's Q&A reminds me so much of Kelly's recent Q&A that turned out to be an ad for hair vitamins 😭 A Tweet pointing out how fake Kelly's questions blew up on Twitter. Maybe this was a coincidence ...but she soon posted that cute 2023 video with P and "stepdad" Max and got everyone fawning over that instead. It's really strange to me how Carmen's stuff flies under the radar compared to the more scrutinized wags

Last edited:

Pole er bear

VIP Member
I don't think Spaniards do second names. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
(they have two surnames though)
---

Good that it was Carlos sr. and not some sneaky non-annoucement somewhere. :cool:
---

Guess she wasn't exactly famous before Joao though. (but then she was very young back then anyway)
she's a professional wag. literally doesnt have an ID (in the portuguese press) without an athlete boyfriend

fryolyfe

VIP Member
💕 for you.

I'm with you, a bit. I genuinely don't get it, apart from there was a falling out, or a sort of brinkmanship thing.

Merc are in points as good as ferrari, but probably better organised. I can't see that changing soon. So it's not about winning.
It's not about money.
It's not about support for Lewis' initiatives, as I genuinely don't see any other team being as passionate about increasing diversity of their workforce, or their pipeline, or in STEM. And certainly not Ferrari. Whose fans can be toxic.

I think it will be post-rationalised as 'I'm just a boy who always wanted to race in red' but I don't really get that either.

It feels a bit like Lewis is leaving his principles behind him, for... fame/attention/ego stroking? Spite?

I too can be a petty bitch so i want George to do well in 24. Or Carlos. Or Oscar.
Except of course it's another Max year.

Edit: Or lovely lovely Alex of course for whom I want only good things.
I agree. And I say this as someone who’s loved that man since 07, I’m struggling rn to not feel angry. Maybe angers the wrong word idk but disappointment is definitely there. And I get Mercedes have let him down, multiple times over these last seasons. But I always thought it was a case of well, we take the rough with the smooth together. Toto especially has been through so much with Lewis, they’ve backed each other to the hills. I can’t fathom what can possibly have gone so wrong so quickly

• Heart
  • Sad

fryolyfe

VIP Member
Actually Fuck it
Im A Lewis fan now!
(always was but merc post 2021 seems like he's been disapointed by them)
---

this will be good for him. you'll love it just wait
he's gotta be so happy
I’m genuinely sad. At times it’s felt like I was one of the only remaining Lewis fans that still backed Merc. I remember how unhappy he was at McLaren, and how Toto letting him just be himself was so appreciated. I don’t want him to have to go back to being restricted in what he can say and do. And I’m disappointed in him tbh. I’ve had friends go to Monza and say Ferrari fans would literally make monkey noises at him when his car went past them on track. I know how ruthless Italian media is, I don’t want to deal with that tbh. I’m too old and drained with my own life. It might seem dramatic but I honestly think I’m done

• Sad
  • Heart

pastafasta

VIP Member
Yeah, her name is Estelle (@silly_lettuce). According to this, she dated Franco Colapinto (F3 driver) around July until September last year. Then, she was closed to Zak O'Sullivan (F3 driver) after that. At Abu Dhabi GP last year, Zak introduced Estelle to Ollie Bearman. Now, she dated Ollie. 😅
You can see the timeline here:
Urgh... so is she planning to hop to F1 next?
(Lando, run!)

• Haha