Formula 1 Wags #201 Walking in a Hinting Wonderland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think with every year Lewis’ position both at Mercedes and within F1 itself has strengthened and eventually that led to him being able to get out of media obligations. If I’m not wrong 2018 was the year he stopped doing grill the grid as well. I’m sure the others could probably get out of it if they tried but they don’t really seem to care so they may as well carry on
From Lewis's own mouth recently, he doesn't participate in the secret santa because he thinks it's, I think his exact word was "kiddy" ie childish. While it's absolutely his right not to, it does rather lend credence to the feeling a lot of people have that he considers it beneath him. I like Lewis but acting like he's too good for it all frankly does make him come across as a bit of a tit.
---
I said from the start that Mick and Laila would be the cringiest couple in general, not on the grid cause he’s definitely not getting back, nice to know i was correct 🤣
Who knew it was possible to be so deeply beige and also so deepy cringeworthy all at once 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
OK Carmen. 😆😆😆 Many brands waiting for you to be their ambassador. 🤣
Congratulations on landing that ambassadorship entirely through your own graft and hard work and not remotely because they just so happen to be a sponsor of the team your boyfriend drives for #girlboss

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Congratulations on landing that ambassadorship entirely through your own graft and hard work and not remotely because they just so happen to be a sponsor of the team your boyfriend drives for #girlboss
Such an inspiration, such a superstar. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No one look at Lailas latest tiktok. It just came up on my fyp. I genuinely want to scream they’re the worst couple by a country mile and considering they’re competing against Carmen and George that’s quite the achievement
TOO LATE

AAAAAARGHHHH

MY EARSSSSSS

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I should have listened to you guys about this oh my god. Pierre and Kika I am so sorry, please come back and eat each other's faces on main again.

Cleanse your eyes with drunk Yuki dancing

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I should have listened to you guys about this oh my god. Pierre and Kika I am so sorry, please come back and eat each other's faces on main again.

The fact that the behaviour of half the couples plus the wagabees is making Pierre and Kika seem quite cute in comparison is messing with my world view

What have we done to you to push THIS on us?! 😭
This is so bad, this is so so bad, this is the baddest of the bad. 😭

• Haha
I warned you all to save yourselves 😭😭😭 i honestly felt the cringe go through my entire body

• Haha
Ffs my English is not good enough to play these games

Just tell me!

Stake is the name of on an online gaming (gambling) platform
in English its also Steak, as in meat.
so they have been doing a lot of meat memes
i think most people arent used to the other stake.... which is relevant to gambling.

---
OK Carmen. 😆😆😆 Many brands waiting for you to be their ambassador. 🤣
where do i file a complaint for conflict of interest

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Stake is the name of on an online gaming (gambling) platform
in English its also Steak, as in meat.
so they have been doing a lot of meat memes

---

where do i file a complaint for conflict of interest
Oooh Sauber about to lose the vegetarian fans

• Haha
What have we done to you to push THIS on us?! 😭
This is so bad, this is so so bad, this is the baddest of the bad. 😭
specially coming from Mick who was so private and even mentioned his public and personal personality…didn’t had that on my bingo card for F1 wags in 2023

Also now Laila is an influencer- wasn’t she not a model? 🤔

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry but she looks bleeping ancient. Everytime I see her I cringe.
oh you mean she....
isnt a model,so its not for her good looks or ability to sell a brand that got her that job
has never offered any thought or idea to the world , (minus promoting a 'psychologist' who is into conversion theory for gays since it is a disease according to him)
has blatantly misrepresented herself for at least a year as 'relatable' and 'passionate' about finance
and has banked her entire future on george russell
really didnt think kelly would start looking good, but at least she's out there saying her thoughts on the war, still booking top gigs and doing fashion week, and has max already confirming that he is just waiting for the right time to propose
not glorifying kelly, but man oh man, carmen you do not even come close in comparison
i know im all grumpy, but i really really am hoping this is the end of them
because i know george could actually do way better
bring back seychelle!

Last edited:
From Lewis's own mouth recently, he doesn't participate in the secret santa because he thinks it's, I think his exact word was "kiddy" ie childish. While it's absolutely his right not to, it does rather lend credence to the feeling a lot of people have that he considers it beneath him. I like Lewis but acting like he's too good for it all frankly does make him come across as a bit of a tit.
---
Why Would You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave GIF - Why Would  You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave - Discover & Share GIFs

Tbh I've been thinking this too but I lowkey feel like Lewis is often treated almost like a saint everywhere but Reddit (where he's often overhated) so I didn't want to be the first one to say it on here 😭

Imo if Lewis can write the captions on Roscoe's Instagram or select the goofy Almave headers for his Twitter, he can buy a present on Amazon and shoot a small video. It's not like he's bombarded with PR obligations like most of the other drivers. Lewis could've even skipped the shopping and just given his secret santa Almave.

laxnorstappen

oh you mean she....
isnt a model,so its not for her good looks or ability to sell a brand that got her that job
has never offered any thought or idea to the world , (minus promoting a 'psychologist' who is into conversion theory for gays since it is a disease according to him)
has blatantly misrepresented herself for at least a year as 'relatable' and 'passionate' about finance
and has banked her entire future on george russell
really didnt think kelly would start looking good, but at least she's out there saying her thoughts on the war, still booking top gigs and doing fashion week, and has max already confirming that he is just waiting for the right time to propose
not glorifying kelly, but man oh man, carmen you do not even come close in comparison
i know im all grumpy, but i really really am hoping this is the end of them
because i know george could actually do way better
bring back seychelle!
Not to mention, she has a stylist 😭 Or at the very least, had one in the past.

I like fashion, so I used to love seeing what Carmen wore. Even if it's not my personal style, I still can appreciate the looks and her aesthetic. But I couldn't look at it the same after I discovered she has a stylist... for going to her boyfriend's work?! What a waste of money, I'm sure the stylist wasn't working for minimum wage. I have a hard time taking fashion influencers who have stylists seriously. (Unless they're using stylists for their connections to borrow special pieces that are rare or in a brand's archive)

Especially since all of Carmen's closet is mostly mid to high end basics. How hard could it possibly be to create an outfit? I still like seeing her looks... but would like them a whole lot more if I knew she was actually styling herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why Would You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave GIF - Why Would  You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave - Discover & Share GIFs

Tbh I've been thinking this too but I lowkey feel like Lewis is often treated almost like a saint everywhere but Reddit (where he's often overhated) so I didn't want to be the first one to say it on here 😭

Imo if Lewis can write the captions on Roscoe's Instagram or select the goofy Almave headers for his Twitter, he can buy a present on Amazon and shoot a small video. It's not like he's bombarded with PR obligations like most of the other drivers. Lewis could've even skipped the shopping and just given his secret santa Almave.

View attachment 2640024

Not to mention, she has a stylist 😭 Or at the very least, had one in the past.

I like fashion, so I used to love seeing what Carmen wore. Even if it's not my personal style, I still can appreciate the looks and her aesthetic. But I couldn't look at it the same after I discovered she has a stylist... for going to her boyfriend's work?! What a waste of money, I'm sure the stylist wasn't working for minimum wage. I have a hard time taking fashion influencers who have stylists seriously. (Unless they're using stylists for their connections to borrow special pieces that are rare or in a brand's archive)

Especially since all of Carmen's closet is mostly mid to high end basics. How hard could it possibly be to create an outfit? I still like seeing her looks... but would like them a whole lot more if I knew she was actually styling herself.
yes i think this is what bothers me about he american vintage brand thing, other than i think its a tit brand. its just not her at all
now the tommy brand is something more like her fashion choices, back before her capitalizing on Merc money
but sorry, that is a clear conflict of interest in my my mind (im american we scrutinize this crap).
was there a selection process? Were there other candidates? Who were the previous Tommy ambassadors

also CAN SHE DO ANYTHING herself?

Reactions: 4
I think she is just way too polished and trying to be too posh that her looks are, even though aesthetically pleasing to look at (because everything is too perfect and matched), actually boring and there is really no creativity behind.
And I'm not sure if it's because she wants to look like a royal lady or because George is a robot. 🤷‍♀️
---
yes i think this is what bothers me about he american vintage brand thing, other than i think its a tit brand. its just not her at all
now the tommy brand is something more like her fashion choices, back before her capitalizing on Merc money
but sorry, that is a clear conflict of interest in my my mind (im american we scrutinize this crap).
was there a selection process? Were there other candidates? Who were the previous Tommy ambassadors

also CAN SHE DO ANYTHING herself?
The thing is that when I hear a brand ambassador I imagine someone famous with a big influence, not a freaking noone wag. She is only influencing young and naive fangirls who wouldn't even buy that stuff, that's about it. And not to mention those questionable moves she did not a long time ago. Doesn't a brand check stuff like this? This is really similar to that Puma thing that Isa did, of course that was more talked about because all that "women in motorsport" thing, but it's not really different. She only got this because of who she is sleeping with (harshly said, but true).

The thing is that when I hear a brand ambassador I imagine someone famous with a big influence, not a freaking noone wag. She is only influencing young and naive fangirls who wouldn't even buy that stuff, that's about it. And not to mention those questionable moves she did not a long time ago. Doesn't a brand check stuff like this?
I mean they've had these previously and i fail to see the qualification
Zendaya, Haily Baldwin, Lewis Hamilton
AND MORE, gigi hadid,rafael nadal. chainsmokers
and Carmen Mundt
totally makes sense
1703010697228.png

---
so did lewis get tired and george decide to give to carmen as part of his deal
cause i seriously cannot think of any other reason this happened

Reactions: 2
The thing is that when I hear a brand ambassador I imagine someone famous with a big influence, not a freaking noone wag. She is only influencing young and naive fangirls who wouldn't even buy that stuff, that's about it. And not to mention those questionable moves she did not a long time ago. Doesn't a brand check stuff like this? This is really similar to that Puma thing that Isa did, of course that was more talked about because all that "women in motorsport" thing, but it's not really different. She only got this because of who she is sleeping with (harshly said, but true).
Tbf I think some of Tommy's ambassadors have done much more questionable things than Carmen who is mostly just annoying and self congratulatory (definitely could be wrong but I can't remember Carmen doing anything really questionable except for the whole psychologist thing-and as dumb as that was, she very likely wasn't familiar with the guy's view. She just wanted to seem scholarly lmao). Winnie Harlow and Hailey Baldwin/Bieber are a lot more controversial than Carmen (but then again, they're bigger celebs than her). In the grand scheme of influencer and celebrity sheninagans, I actually think Carmen comes across looking pretty clean

I'm very interested to know if Carmen's (and other WAG's) sponsorships actually translates into sales. Maybe she has more well off fans who buy the products she shills, but I haven't seen any of them personally. Don't be shy American Vintage... drop the stats :sneaky: I suspect these sponorships mostly just boost brand awareness to a young audience who can't even afford these prices yet / many will never be able to.

It's funny that Alexandra made a massive wave on wag fashion social media, in one of her earliest appearances, with that white Meshki dress. It was a potato quality video too, but she got so many people talking and influenced a bunch of people into actually buying that dress 😂 I think Alex actually has potential to be a successful influencer, especially if she works with more affordable brands that her followers can afford. she's not even fully public on social media, but gets so much attention especially on TikTok compared to most of the wags. she has the potential to become the biggest wag imo and i think she's throwing away the bag. it's pretty crazy how popular her instagram style account quickly got compared to wags who have been around longer.

Side Note: does anyone else find it so weird that American Vintage... is a French brand? I don't really see the American vintage inspiration. It mostly just looks like basics you can get anywhere else. The name throws me off so much

Reactions: 3
I mean they've had these previously and i fail to see the qualification
Zendaya, Haily Baldwin, Lewis Hamilton
AND MORE, gigi hadid,rafael nadal. chainsmokers
and Carmen Mundt
totally makes sense
View attachment 2640100
---
so did lewis get tired and george decide to give to carmen as part of his deal
cause i seriously cannot think of any other reason this happened
You're overthinking it.

The qualification needed here is that they sponsor Mercedes - George and Lewis do ads for their menswear line and they're hoping that by using George's gf they will flog some of their womenswear to his female fans. The "conflict of interest" is the entire point of the collab in the first place, just as it was when Isa was promoting Puma womenswear (before the whole 'women in motorsport' thing which was worse imo as they were using her for an official campaign she had no business being part of. Prior to that, she just did instagram ads wearing their clothes which is probably what Carmen will keep doing here - she was already doing it, they've just made it an official collab). They're not trying to sell clothes via Carmen Mundt the individual, they're trying to sell clothes via George Russell's Girlfriend just as Puma were trying to sell clothes via Carlos Sainz's Girlfriend not Isa Hernaez. If Lewis had a gf they'd be trying to use her as well.

As for other candidates you mentioned before, well if they think someone else might flog their clothing to their or their partners' fans by posting ads on social media, they'll make them brand ambassadors as well. There is no limit to the number they have. They can use as many as they like. It's also not a job people apply for, it's literally a title created for anyone brands think they can make some money out of putting their clothes on. Carmen won't be their only random "influencer" brand ambassador. They'll have a load of them alongside their big name sponsorship deals/collabs you listed. It's the same reason you see big name celebs like Usain Bolt and Martin Garrix being brand ambassadors for Replay alongside a bunch of random insta models and influencers. The former two are the brand's big name collabs and sponsorship deals, the latter are purely people they think they can use to flog some clothes via instagram and TikTok. If Lance's gf sticks around, I wouldn't be surprised to see her starting to do Boss instagram ads either.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.