Formula 1 Wags #201 Walking in a Hinting Wonderland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My opinion on George is simply that he is being manipulated by Mercedes and Carmen to be this poster boy. I have watched George a long time ( since his F3 days) and he used to be fun. The days with the twitch quartet and Covid were some of my favourites as his personality shone then he met her. He went from having a laugh with Alex and Lando in his first year of Williams to being really serious, pushing himself to get the top contract, the money the marketing man and it just makes me really sad that he feels like he cant be himself anymore. Or maybe we are all just growing up. ( I am the same age as him)
Come to think of it, Alex said quite the same thing to him once in a joint interview, that he was no fun anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes but before then LA.
I don’t think he was there for that long, I know he went to his NFL teams game but I thought he left quite soon after. I could be wrong but I thought he always just flew to LA to visit / pick up Roscoe (idk if he takes him anymore now he’s old) then flies straight to Colorado because he doesn’t spend much time there anymore and it’s basically the only place he has that’s still 100% private. He definitely wasn’t there in November anyway but she could have been at his place without him in all fairness

Reactions: 3
I don’t think he was there for that long, I know he went to his NFL teams game but I thought he left quite soon after. I could be wrong but I thought he always just flew to LA to visit / pick up Roscoe (idk if he takes him anymore now he’s old) then flies straight to Colorado because he doesn’t spend much time there anymore and it’s basically the only place he has that’s still 100% private. He definitely wasn’t there in November anyway but she could have been at his place without him in all fairness
I think she flew to Brazil end November/early December (I don't remember exactly)

Reactions: 2
I will give her credit for this. I have really been hoping this business wasnt just a front. I still think this project smells like Lewis's people set it up... 1 year ago post antartica
But I know she seems to maybe helping at least someone out of poverty.
AND she did it today without Lewis there to be famous.
Screenshot_20240103_181840_Instagram.jpg

---
Dand didn't even think of what a Max and Kelly vs a Lewis and Juliana couple off would be
Those are polar opposites in brazil

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I will give her credit for this. I have really been hoping this business want just a front. I still think this project smells like Lewis's people set it up... 1 year ago post antartica
But I know she seems to maybe helping at least someone out of poverty.
AND she did it today without Lewis there to be famous.
View attachment 2667004
I could be completely wrong but I think this has been in the works before Lewis. Or at least for a while, I remember her posting about it ages ago now.
the one thing I do think is a bit weird is a few Brazilian journalists have said whilst Lewis is in Rio he’s going to go about doing some of his Mission 44 work, which is great - I know he announced recently that they were expanding to Brazil (other places too) - but to tie that in with whatever this relationship is is a bit … idk. It doesn’t sit right with me and I can’t really work out why? Maybe I’m just annoyed with him generally so am I seeing everything negatively because someone actually doing work to support communities whilst being on holiday is never a bad thing really, idk why I feel weird about it

My opinion on George is simply that he is being manipulated by Mercedes and Carmen to be this poster boy. I have watched George a long time ( since his F3 days) and he used to be fun. The days with the twitch quartet and Covid were some of my favourites as his personality shone then he met her. He went from having a laugh with Alex and Lando in his first year of Williams to being really serious, pushing himself to get the top contract, the money the marketing man and it just makes me really sad that he feels like he cant be himself anymore. Or maybe we are all just growing up. ( I am the same age as him)
Ngl I'm really not a fan of the 'woman manipulates poor helpless man' narrative. I find Carmen completely insufferable, but imo I've not seen any evidence she's manipulating him into anything. For all that they are annoying, they do seem from what we see to genuinely love each other. They both seem pretty desperate to be seen as some kind of F1 It Couple but I don't think she's pushing that narrative any more than he is. I also think she ultimately gave up her career because it must be very hard to put the work in that is needed in a relationship with someone who has the lifestyle and schedule of an F1 driver and also hold down a regular 9-5 job at the same time, especially in a high-pressure world like finance. I guess she chose George over the job, as he can afford to support her and her best option to be able to spend time with him is to try and make it as some kind of influencer. It's sad that she was in that position of having to make the choice tbh. Not that we should feel too sorry for her, given the massive advantages being with a millionnaire brings, like having the freedom to make a choice like that in the first place. I also get the impression that her own family are fairly well-off so she's probably not relying purely on him anyway.

George used to come across as a lot more fun as a junior but he was also always a bit of a twonk on track. I don't think he's being manipulated by Toto either, I think he's 100% going along with the whole Mercedes PR persona, that's a choice he's made himself. Lando did have a point though when he said he feels lucky to be in McLaren as they let him be himself much more than a team like Mercedes would (what he was saying got lost under the whole 'Lando calls George boring' rhetoric that followed, but he was 100% right, as was Alex when he noted something similar). But everyone who drives for Merc has faced the same thing - even Michael Schumacher did despite who he was and even Lewis did before he won them several championships and was able to call the shots more and be a bit more himself again. Merc are no worse than Ferrari for that though, and infinitely better than Ron Dennis-era McLaren were. George takes the whole Mercedes thing Very Seriously and his personality started to change even in his last year at Williams. Whether he was thumping Bottas over the head after he caused a crash with Valtteri or making little digs in the press about the Merc seat being his before it was announced, his ego started to get a bit out of control and he started taking himself far too seriously, and it's not really stopped. The fact that his peers who have known him for years have called him out on it more than once says a lot.
---
I could be completely wrong but I think this has been in the works before Lewis. Or at least for a while, I remember her posting about it ages ago now.
the one thing I do think is a bit weird is a few Brazilian journalists have said whilst Lewis is in Rio he’s going to go about doing some of his Mission 44 work, which is great - I know he announced recently that they were expanding to Brazil (other places too) - but to tie that in with whatever this relationship is is a bit … idk. It doesn’t sit right with me and I can’t really work out why? Maybe I’m just annoyed with him generally so am I seeing everything negatively because someone actually doing work to support communities whilst being on holiday is never a bad thing really, idk why I feel weird about it
I wonder if for him he sees it as doing something to give something back to Brazil after all the love they have given him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I wonder if for him he sees it as doing something to give something back to Brazil after all the love they have given him.
Oh there’s definitely an element of this. I mean the first thing he did when he got made an honorary citizen was go to some of the more underprivileged areas and meet people who are involved in projects there etc. I’ve never thought he was disingenuous in his care for people, and his work with Mission 44 is genuinely important and the more places he can get it to the better. Idk I guess for me it feels a bit like he’s come to Brazil to be with his girlfriend/friend with benefits/situationship but instead of just letting that happen he’s hiding it under the guise of being there for work purposes. And guys that do that give me the ick, have privacy all you want but once it becomes obvious just own it

Also what is this?
Someone said Lewis had his schedule leaked

I'm here for any help rio favelas can get.

Also what is this?

I'm here for any help rio favelas can get.
His work isn’t directly to do with the favelas I don’t believe although I guess it could tie in, it’s just a continuation of the work that’s already taking place in the U.K. - getting kids from underprivileged backgrounds into studying STEM subjects in order to get them into engineering jobs etc

yeah it got leaked by Brazilian journalists, idk if it’s true but they’re saying he’s in Brazil to work with Mission 44

Also omg Martin followed Carlos?
New thread names?
---
His work isn’t directly to do with the favelas I don’t believe although I guess it could tie in, it’s just a continuation of the work that’s already taking place in the U.K. - getting kids from underprivileged backgrounds into studying STEM subjects in order to get them into engineering jobs etc

yeah it got leaked by Brazilian journalists, idk if it’s true but they’re saying he’s in Brazil to work with Mission 44
Well mission 44 is welcomed there for sure no matter what they can help with.

• Wow
Oh there’s definitely an element of this. I mean the first thing he did when he got made an honorary citizen was go to some of the more underprivileged areas and meet people who are involved in projects there etc. I’ve never thought he was disingenuous in his care for people, and his work with Mission 44 is genuinely important and the more places he can get it to the better. Idk I guess for me it feels a bit like he’s come to Brazil to be with his girlfriend/friend with benefits/situationship but instead of just letting that happen he’s hiding it under the guise of being there for work purposes. And guys that do that give me the ick, have privacy all you want but once it becomes obvious just own it
I get the impression it's the other way around -like he came for business/charity/projects and to basically show up there for more than a race once a year. And as she is from there, and they had known eachother from some time, it was natural to invited her, whatever character of their relations is. I might be wrong of course or delusional (because that version would annoy me less :ROFLMAO: ) , it depends what else we will see him doing there so I might change my opinion :LOL:

Anyway, it's a scandal he stopped posting thirst traps, I think we deservve at least one good one ;)

• Haha
Okay apparently martin amd carlos still do not follow each other. I was so excited, but alas it gives me reason to believe Carlos may be a little jealous.

I get the impression it's the other way around -like he came for business/charity/projects and to basically show up there for more than a race once a year. And as she is from there, and they had known eachother from some time, it was natural to invited her, whatever character of their relations is. I might be wrong of course or delusional (because that version would annoy me less :ROFLMAO: ) , it depends what else we will see him doing there so I might change my opinion :LOL:

Anyway, it's a scandal he stopped posting thirst traps, I think we deservve at least one good one ;)
And there are some good beaches to run half naked 😔😩

think it doesn’t really matter if he combined business with pleasure or the other way round, at least he is activity doing something for a cause that is dear to his heart on top of been on the road so much

regarding George - he is fitting into the upper British persona personality and with the ambassador role that seems to work well for him - pretty sure he knows that if he doesn’t deliver in the next two years he‘s out of Mercedes (toto needs two top driver like in the past)

New thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.